Free airfare and 2 for 1 cruise fares from Oceania

merela

I just got a Europe 2005 brochure (Regatta/Insignia) from Oceania. The accompanying letter says Free airfare and 2 for 1 cruise fares. Is the 2 for 1 cruise fares apply to the published fares (as it appears on the brochures) or to the Early booking fares?

Will TA get an even better fare than what the cruiseline offers directly?

We are new at this. We usually cruise on the Princess and book through our reliable TA whom we trust to get us the best prices on the Princess. Does the Oceania offer TA great prices as well? Or is this the kind of cruise line that it is best that we book directly from Oceania?

Any of your insights would be most appreciated.

TIA.

Jennifer

with Respect Andee the more you talk about this on line, the quicker this will end. Oceania was first to prohibit discount advertising, RCCI has announced that rebating is a no no. You know there are just some times that good news needs to be kept private...

Oceania encourages you to use a travel agent. I booked directly with Oceania to take advantage of a promotion before it expired. Every subsequent communication from Oceania suggested that I get an agent. Prices quoted by TAs may vary.

The original poster asked, "Will TA get an even better fare than what the cruiseline offers directly?" My intention was to answer that question. I thought these boards were for sharing information.

The original poster asked, "Will TA get an even better fare than what the cruiseline offers directly?" My intention was to answer that question. I thought these boards were for sharing information.

That's what I thought, too. But there's always someone who will disagree with you (about anything) or want to "hog the goodies" as much as possible.

Archived