Need conquest tips....

lilypearl

Which dinner seating is best?

Anything I should bring that I might not have thought of?

Which excursions are best for teenage boys?

How many formal nights?

What else can you tell me???

I'm a newbee

icon6.gif

How many formal nights?

I'm a newbee

icon6.gif

Dining times are a personal preferrance. DH & I prefer the later dining times so we don't have to rush around to get ready as early in the day. I like to take my time the entire time I'm on my cruise. If I'm at the pool all day or in port it's just nicer to have leisure time before dinner.

I'd suggest you bring plenty of 1 dollar bills for tipping cabs, waiters, and for the slots of course! Mostly tho, just bring an open mind and be flexable so you can make the most of your cruise experience.

There are alot of action filled excursions in the ports for the Conquest. Go on the port of call board and read, read, read.............good luck deciding, lol!

There are 2 formal nights, Monday & Thursday nights. It is quite the parade on those evenings, I enjoy looking at all the beautiful gowns and cocktail dresses. We went formal on the first cruise but opted not to on our last one. Haven't decided yet about this year tho. If you've never done it, go for it! It's really nice, wonderful food, the whole experience in just nice.....period. It's a perfect time for photos too, the ship has photographers all over the place on those nights as well as in the dining room itself.

The ship is huge, really huge. See as much of it as you can, it's quiet impressive in my opinion. The dining rooms and evening shows get real chilly, I always carry a light weight sweater or wrap around in the evenings, especially after being in the sun all day long, burrrr......

Hope this helped some- enjoy your cruise~~~~~ :cool:

That depends on what time you like to eat. More kids in the early seatings... More time to get back on the ship and ready for dinner on port days if you have one of the later seatings. You miss some of the evening activities if you eat late. The band in the lounge will start long belore you're finished eating if you have the last seating.

What do they like to do? I would think snorkeling or beaches would be good for them.
How many formal nights?

Two. Monday and Thursday.

Definitely bring a sweater. It is very cold in the lounges.

Our teens love Sunset Beach in Jamaica and either Paradise Beach in Cozumel or the Fury catamaran/snorkeling excursion. In Grand Cayman, we always just hop in a cab to Seven Mile Beach (Royal Palms - free beach $4.00 cabfare pp). You can rent snorkeling gear, etc. and the food and drinks were good.

Dinner times can be tricky...we either try for 6:15 or 8:00. I like the later time, but hate that it usually takes two hours for dinner. The 6:15 was a little more prompt, but we ended up skipping the dining room more often with the early dining time.

Bring extension cord and/or extra outlet strip.

Also, I found that if I didn't make my boys get involved the first night with their age group, they ended up out in the cold somewhat. Kind of like the first day of school...kids/groups form and it's hard to break in later...especially at those ages.

How many formal nights?

I'm a newbee

icon6.gif

My 16 year old daughter and I will be on Conquest July 1st, her first cruise, our first time on Conquest! I DO know there are 2 formal nights, not sure which days though. Here is a thread that has tons of info:

Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here! - Cruise Critic Message Boards

I don't even remember which dinner seating we have, I'm just so thrilled that it is almost time to go, lol!! Good luck, hope the link helps!!:)

I completely agree with the above posters. Nativeway is an excellent place to book your excursion in Grand Cayman...you must take her to stingray city. Nativeway is a great company and their prices are very good as well. Another thing to remember to take is to be able to see what time it is in the dark in your cabin....

Have a wonderful time!!

Archived