Win A Cruise Bingo Question & Poll

Have you won at Win A Cruise Bingo?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Have you won at Win A Cruise Bingo?

• Yes! It was great - the ship I booked is below
    • Yes! I won but haven't taken advantage of it yet
    • No, I always play but never win
    • No, I don't play bingo

I'll be taking my third Carnival Cruise this summer and, while I always play bingo, I LOVE the win a cruise bingo game and always buy extra cards for that one to help increase my odds. So far, no luck but, I'm hoping the third time is a charm.

My question is - if you've won at "win a cruise" bingo. What ship did you select and how was it sailing in Category 12?!?!

I won the bingo cruise on our NCL Wind cruise to Alaska. Used it to do the Southern Caribbean on the NCL Dream. Back then (May 2000) they did it different than Carnival. Everytime you purchased a bingo card they gave you a raffle ticket and the last night they had a drawing for the winning ticket. I was shocked-I never win anything.

ETA-The cruise was for an outside cabin and I paid extra to upgrade to a Suite.

I'll be taking my third Carnival Cruise this summer and, while I always play bingo, I LOVE the win a cruise bingo game and always buy extra cards for that one to help increase my odds. So far, no luck but, I'm hoping the third time is a charm.

My question is - if you've won at "win a cruise" bingo. What ship did you select and how was it sailing in Category 12?!?!

My sis (who I always travel with) won while on the Holiday in 2001. The next spring we took the Inspiration in a Cat 12 and loved it. But that's the only way that we would be that extrav. We love to cruise (getting ready for our 12th in Sept), but our enjoyment comes from being out and about on the ship and in the ports, so we usually go with a 4A guar. since we're not in our cabin much.

Just got back from Europe on the Freedom and we thought we would splurge on an OV and got upgraded to a balcony. Nice enough but unfortunately in Europe many of the ports are in industrialized area's not much to see even when coming/going from the port.

Having said all that, if money were no object, I would book a Cat 12 every time just for the comfortable sectional sofa, even though I would actually be spending much time there :o

I won on the Triumph a few years back. Took advantage of a Southern Caribbean cruise on Destiny - absolutely loved it but, Category 12 spoiled me. Now even a standard balcony cabin seems like a step down. Oh to have such splendid problems! ;)

The ONLY game of BINGO that we play each cruise is the "win a cruise" BINGO. Still waiting to win.

On our Conquest cruise a few years ago, one set of our tablemates won the free cruise (they were on their first), and another set of our tablemates won $500.00 at the BINGO.

So am I assuming right that you win an inside category and upgrade to a Cat.12? I never win anything either so don't usually even try. Besides, I'm not a real "fan" of Bingo.

Bonniemari - you give us all-time losers hope!

So am I assuming right that you win an inside category and upgrade to a Cat.12? I never win anything either so don't usually even try. Besides, I'm not a real "fan" of Bingo.

Bonniemari - you give us all-time losers hope!

Yes, you win the cheapest and then can pay the difference & upgrade.

Not true that you win the cheapest. I won an OCEANVIEW 6A room on ANY 5 night (or less) cruise. Well, there were two exceptions, Christmas and New Year's I think were the two black out dates. I could pick from ANY Carnival cruise that had space available. I could have upgraded to a balcony, but it cost more than I wanted to pay. I chose the Victory 5 day Canadian cruise out of New York City on the week of July 4th. We had a wonderful time. It was amazing to be able to afford to cruise out of NYC. It was still an expensive trip, but it would have been impossible for us at the time without the free cruise. Thanks, Carnival!

Not true that you win the cheapest. I won an OCEANVIEW 6A room on ANY 5 night (or less) cruise. Well, there were two exceptions, Christmas and New Year's I think were the two black out dates. I could pick from ANY Carnival cruise that had space available. I could have upgraded to a balcony, but it cost more than I wanted to pay. I chose the Victory 5 day Canadian cruise out of New York City on the week of July 4th. We had a wonderful time. It was amazing to be able to afford to cruise out of NYC. It was still an expensive trip, but it would have been impossible for us at the time without the free cruise. Thanks, Carnival!

I WON A 5 DAY PLAYING BINGO IN SEPTEMBER 06 GOT TO TAKE IT SOON!

It must be a problem, trying to fit in the free cruise! :rolleyes: Mind you, I'm being quite sarcastic Sir. I'm quite jealous of all your cruises. I read your story on another thread, and wish you many, many more excellent cruises.

Now, where do I go to sign up for those Bingo Cards? :D

Well I got the bingo on our last Paradise cruise but so did another gal...we both got to go up and pick a bingo ball...and mine was the smaller number so i lost that free cruise. That was the closest I have ever come to winning the cruise and the only bingo i've ever gotten on 11 cruises :(

BINGO was the magical words my wife shouted and so did 4 other people on our Imagination cruise in march of this year. So they all had to go up on the stage and draw bingo balls and my wife drew the highest number. So we WON. We won a 3,4 or 5 night cruise in a 6A cat room. We have just returned form our FREE cruise on the Victory out of NYC we paid the extra $100pp to upgrade to balcony and I have to say frome here on out I am a balcony snob. Though the cruise was free it still cost us $2000 to go on vacation after taxes, flights, motels, excursions etc. etc.

DD won a free cruise at Bingo three years ago. I "think" maybe she is the one ScottsSweetie was talking about as her tablemates. (If so, Hi Rhonda!!!). We were in an OV and she could pick any cruise, inside or OV, anytime. No blackout dates.

BINGO was the magical words my wife shouted and so did 4 other people on our Imagination cruise in march of this year. So they all had to go up on the stage and draw bingo balls and my wife drew the highest number. So we WON. We won a 3,4 or 5 night cruise in a 6A cat room. We have just returned form our FREE cruise on the Victory out of NYC we paid the extra $100pp to upgrade to balcony and I have to say frome here on out I am a balcony snob. Though the cruise was free it still cost us $2000 to go on vacation after taxes, flights, motels, excursions etc. etc.

Oh man, that stinks! Glad you won but, you think they'd give them to everyone with BINGO, it's not like Carnival is a start up corporation...

I don't know if I ever played BINGO before in my life... except maybe as a kid. My boyfriend bought me a card because he wanted some company as he was throwing his money away. I had to listen carefully to the instructions to refresh my brain on how to play. Lucky O75 was BINGO for me and I won a 3, 4, or 5 day cruise in category 6A. I chose the Carnival Elation out of San Diego for July 9th.

I don't gamble and this is a real treat for me.... even if it isn't a category 12 on a new ship! Its free!

I did gamble on a ship 1 other time... I put 50 cents in a slot machine on the Destiny when it was brand new and won $50.00. I walked out and bought a few drinks :D

I play bingo on about all the cruises. I won on the Pride a few years ago and chose to cruise on Pride again for this winning. We love the Pride because it is beautiful and right size. We did'nt get category 12. I did'nt know you do but I'm sure when we booked the winning cruise I tried to get the best room possible. On the Miracle last year I came very close to winning again. I wish you luck on winning. Maybe you will since you started this post.

Archived