Caribbean Princess - Just booked it, what should I know!

DiazLoves2Cruise

Is this a formal night photo?:D

Bill

No Bill,

It's when we were boarding the ship last year. That was last years group.

Six of us are cruising again together this year on Caribbean Princess, and we have added 6 new comers to our group. Two of those new comers have never cruise before. My mil and nephew. I'm excited to see their faces when they walk up to that hugh ship.

We're going for the 6th time on the Caribbean Princess--we absolutely love her and will miss her when she travels to NY!! I know all of you up there will love her also!!

When doing back to back on the Caribbean Princess we have gone to the MUTS pool around 10am and stayed all day...we were the only ones there...watching movies all day and had the pool to ourselves--all day!!! It was fabulous!!!

Did this ship in January 2006 and have booked October 2007 already, we had balcony on Rivera deck and booked Rivera deck again. The buffet was right above our room last time! I agree with what about everyone has said, Bert Stratton a must see, MUTS is awesome, and the buffets were very good. We did not do any of the special places to eat that were extra, but heard they were good. The soda cards do pay for themselves if your a big pop drinker. Only thing I can say is don't buy that $20.00 coupon book they try to sell you for the ports, we did not think it was worth it. Have fun!

:D

Hi Bob,

I see that you're booked on our October CB cruise. We have a "combined" Roll Call for both the 14th and the 21st. Please join us :) ! The link is in my signature.

Looking forward to meeting you!

I'm pretty sure the Crown and the CB have the same amount of decks. The CB was the first Grand class ship with the Riviera deck added.

Bill

Thanks Bill,

You're right! Riviera deck is on the CB and Crown

Star, Golden, & Grand do not. Their highest passenger deck is Ahola.

We're going for the 6th time on the Caribbean Princess--we absolutely love her and will miss her when she travels to NY!! I know all of you up there will love her also!!

When doing back to back on the Caribbean Princess we have gone to the MUTS pool around 10am and stayed all day...we were the only ones there...watching movies all day and had the pool to ourselves--all day!!! It was fabulous!!!

We're booked for our 5th cruise in October and or 6th cruise in January on the CB. We also hate to see her go.

And am so excited I could bust! DH does not know yet I am telling him friday (our anniversary) it will be the first trip that I will have ever paid for myself (or that is the plan anyhow final payment is not due until Feb so I am going to have to bust my butt between now and then and let my hair and nails suffer a bit) We are in a premium suite aft April 20th. I just can't wait!

Spa is fantastic but, get on ship and head right to the desk. Unless you plan on taking advantage of the in port discounts. I run straight to the desk, book my at sea day massage, then take advantage of the deals. Hubby knows and heads right for that desk, even before we check dinner reservations! LOL. Enjoy

Cruisequeen13, When You Say Head Straight For The Desk..what Do You Mean? Hubby And I Are Taking Our First Cruise Ever On Cb. We Already Booked A Couples Massage For Last Day At Sea And Would Like Them To Do My Hair And Stuff. They Said They Needed To See Me And Couldnt Pre-reserve That.... So Is There A Special Desk Once On Board Or Do I Go To The Spa Itself? Any Help Would Be Great... Thanks... I Am Learning So Much From Everyones Posts.

Cruisequeen13, When You Say Head Straight For The Desk..what Do You Mean? Hubby And I Are Taking Our First Cruise Ever On Cb. We Already Booked A Couples Massage For Last Day At Sea And Would Like Them To Do My Hair And Stuff. They Said They Needed To See Me And Couldnt Pre-reserve That.... So Is There A Special Desk Once On Board Or Do I Go To The Spa Itself? Any Help Would Be Great... Thanks... I Am Learning So Much From Everyones Posts.

To the spa...first thing...:)

CP is an amazing ship! I've sailed her twice now and I do believe it is my favorite Princess ship. I'm thrilled it's being moved to NYC next summer and I just signed up for the petition for a group cruise. What could be better.

Getting back to your question...Skywalkers is always fun, but, go later in the night, at least 11pm otherwise it really won't be in full swing yet.

The food is among the best in mass market cruise lines. Do try to get to the Sterling Steakhouse, well worth the extra $$

Just enjoy the ship! You're going to love it!

JANETZ, THANKS... DO YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW WHAT DECK WE TYPICALLY BOARD THE SHIP ON?? MIGHT BE A SILLY QUESTION, BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY INFO ON THAT. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

I don't know when you are sailing but for 2008 from NY it is the Red Hook terminal in Brooklyn, NY. :D We are boarding on May 26th...

I don't know when you are sailing but for 2008 from NY it is the Red Hook terminal in Brooklyn, NY. :D We are boarding on May 26th...

WE ARE BOARDING 10/14/07 IN FT LAUDERDALE.....BUT IS THERE A CERTAIN WE BOARD THE SHIP ON LIKE PLAZA, PROMENADE.... I KNOW THE LOTUS SPA IS ON THE SUN DECK (I BELEIVE).. WAS JUST CURIOUS ON WHICH DECK WE BOARD SO I WILL KNOW HOW FAR UP I WILL NEED TO GO....SO I CAN PLAN A ROUTE TO TAKE.....IM A PLANNER IF YOU COULDNT TELL...LOL:p I DRIVE MY HUBBY BATTY SOMETIMES, BUT WHEN EVERYTHING RUNS SMOOTH AND HE JUST HAS TO SIT BACK AND ENJOY STUFF I AM THINKING TO MYSELF...IT IS BECAUSE I PLANNED IT THAT WAY FOR HIM. ;)

Spa is fantastic but, get on ship and head right to the desk. Unless you plan on taking advantage of the in port discounts. I run straight to the desk, book my at sea day massage, then take advantage of the deals. Hubby knows and heads right for that desk, even before we check dinner reservations! LOL. Enjoy

So even if you've already prebooked and there's a "deal" going on, you can just take advantage of the deal price?

I heard that sometimes there's deals for the last sea day. I have a treatment booked for that day. If I go to the spiel that they give about the spa and get some sort of a discount for a service, can I apply it to something I've already booked?

I'm thrilled to say I just booked my first cruise on Caribbean Princess. What can I expect and what shouldn't I miss. I'll be sailing on the July 1, 2008 sailing out of NYC.

Congrats! Have fun! BTW, I recentley booked for Caribbean Princess (Mar.23-30) and this thread helped alot:p

Archived