Help w/finding umbrellas on 7 Mile Beach

emd1

I know that 7 Mile Beach is not shady. My husband is sun sensitive (has skin cancer) and we would like to go to this beach for a few hours. We need a place where we can rent umbrellas and have a drink and a place to sit, w/easy access to the water for our teens.

I have searched the board here. I know Hyatt does the pass for $35 but do they have umbrellas to use?

I'd prefer to be close to the Mariott hotel on the beach (not Courtyard but Marriott) as we might want to see the Butterfly Farm too, and that is close to the Marriott.

There is not much info on how to get shade/umbrellas on 7 mile Beach. Please help if you have any info. We leave this Sat., and our plans have changed last minute so I need help.

In May, we went to Sea Grape Beach ,which I think is a little farther piece of 7-mile beach. The beach is free, and beautiful. We rented 2 chairs and an umbrella for (I think) $25.00. There is a beach bar there that has good food & drinks...Cayman Lemonade cocktail is the best! There are also water sports, jet ski and stuff if you're into that. We loved this beach!!! We took a taxi from the pier (there are tons of them waiting) for $4-5 each.

• 2 weeks later...

The nice thing about this beach is that it's only about 5 miles. so pick your location and if they are out of umbrellas, just continue to work your way down the line. It seems a bit crazy, but there are beach or pool attendents that provide chairs for the hotel guests and they rent them out for the day. There are either groupings of chairs with someone in uniform or a shack type of thing with someone manning it at each hotel. The distance between hotels is not that great, either is the oceanfrontage. At grand caymen, we had a harder time finding umbrellas, but this was 6 months after IVAN and not many hotels were fully up and running.

enjoy

Archived