Bayside Riding Club

Fairyduster

I was in St Martin last week and rode at Bayside. The one thing I will say is that the stables are in a beautiful location. That's about the only positive I can give. My friend and I were booked on a private ride on the beach. I used to ride when I was child. I'm certainly no expert anymore, but I know the basics of riding a horse. When the horse's got to the beach I noticed it's ears going flat back. I had a feeling I'd be in trouble. All of sudden, the horse freaked out and started rearing. I was thrown off the horse. Luckily, this happened on the beach and not the pavement where I could of been seriously hurt. I got right back on the horse and finished the ride. My foot was killing me afterwards and the top of my foot turned black the next day. It's still pretty bruised. Everyone who saw it is telling me that it was most likely fractured. Luckily, I could still walk on it without pain. I just had to avoid certain shoes. My friend was upset about our guide's lack of doing anything when I got thrown and when we got back to the stables heard one person say to our guide "Oh, were they (the horses) fighting again?". Why they would send two horse's that have a problem out together is beyond me. I'm sure I ton of people ride there and there isn't a problem, but I wanted to make what happened to me known. When you're dealing with live animals, anything can happen.

• 2 weeks later...

oh my gosh! I'm so sorry this happended to you. But it has me even more concerned that the guide didn't do anything or didn't follow through with you. Did you visit the ship's doctor on your return? Or your own doctor at home now? How did it all turn out?

Archived