Wow, you gotta see this pic! Anyone ever experience something like this?

aearly

WOW the Triumph pic was creepy. The NOS pic was cool but who ever took the pic wasn't too smart! The video was great it reminded me of the time I worked on the Starward during a storm in '80 - I was on "C" deck in the storeroom and the seas were completely covering the portholes as we rolled from side to side. It lasted about 6 hours. Really kind of made me think! The QM2 pics make you wonder since it's so big those must of been huge swells.

I´ve been on the first Atlantic crossing of the Vision of the Seas Harwich to Boston). We already had bad weather on our way to Iceland and missed one port over here in Europe. After our stop in Iceland we got into really bad weather with high waves. I remember the cabin TV telling us something about wave of 40ft.+. We had to skip another port and sailed through this weather for 4 days at sea. One of the waves broke a window of a deck two cabin in the front. They had quite a lot water in their cabin and al their belingings got heavily wet.

Later during the cruise we heard that a Siversea ship stopped the cruise at Iceland because of the bad weather. They flew the poeple home as they said the ship would have made it bt without any "fun" for the people.

BTW since this cruise I know that I don´t really have to worry about seasickness although I konw that it can hit you any time even at lesser high seas.

The only bad thing on this crew was that our waiter fell down during the high seas and hurt himself. He was off for a few days and our head waiter had to serve us. He was definitely better in just only walking around and talking than in serving.

Archived