Enchantment Deck 7 OVs

We just booked the Enchantment 5-day for October 8. I chose one of the oceanview cabins on the 7th deck all the way forward. As far as I can tell from the deck plans, the Enchantment is the only ship in the Vision family that has this small pocket of oceanviews on Deck 7 (below the bridge). The rest of the deck is insides and balconies, so this set of oceanviews seemed intriguing. Perhaps a good little secret, or maybe just a bad a idea.

Have any of you stayed in these? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Should I keep this assignment or try to get an oceanview on another deck?

My in-laws were in cabin 7006 a week ago. The cabin was HUGE since the fwd wall is not straight (juts out fwd as shown in the deck floor plan). The other OV cabins behind 7006 are probably normal sized since the walls are straight. It was very roomy and also had a fridge.

We're in cabin 7008 for our upcoming cruise, and I'd love to hear something on these cabins. They appear to be the same size (minus the balcony) as the balcony cabins...they have sleeper sofas. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

pongolo- Excellent! Thanks for letting me know.

stevie17- yay! Have a great cruise. I'm looking forward to your review, and try to peek in 7006 if you get a chance, and let me know more details.

The captain holds a Q + A session and he revealed that his quarters are above the Orpheum theater, which could put him in the area opposite to 7006. It was also mention that he had a two-room living area, although it didn't sound particulary spacious.

The captain holds a Q + A session and he revealed that his quarters are above the Orpheum theater, which could put him in the area opposite to 7006. It was also mention that he had a two-room living area, although it didn't sound particulary spacious.

Oooh!! Maybe I'll run in to him! I'll have to keep my eyes open when I'm entering and exiting my cabin.

Interesting. I have deck 4 reservations for next year. I'm guessing it's not an obstructive view?

It doesn't indicate that they are, however these cabins appear to be under the bridge area, so it may be "shadier" than other OV cabins. I'll be sure to post to this thread upon my return to let you guys know what the deal is with these four particular cabins.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! We're back from our Enchantment cruise, and we had a fabulous time. The ship is fantastic...you're in for a treat!

The OV rooms on deck 7 all the way forward are indeed the same size as the balcony staterooms on that deck...7006 is absolutely ENORMOUS!! I only had the opportunity to glance at it briefly, but it appeared to be almost 1.5 times the width of a normal balcony stateroom. We were in 7008, and it was really spacious (we had three people.) The sofa is a sleeper (just like in the balcony cabins) and there are an additional two, twin beds. We had the "search light" outside of our window, so I guess that you could say that it was a partially obstructed view. It didn't bother us one bit. These rooms are terrific OV rooms...and the same exact price as those on much lower decks.

Regina

• 6 years later...
Hi everyone! We're back from our Enchantment cruise, and we had a fabulous time. The ship is fantastic...you're in for a treat!

The OV rooms on deck 7 all the way forward are indeed the same size as the balcony staterooms on that deck...7006 is absolutely ENORMOUS!! I only had the opportunity to glance at it briefly, but it appeared to be almost 1.5 times the width of a normal balcony stateroom. We were in 7008, and it was really spacious (we had three people.) The sofa is a sleeper (just like in the balcony cabins) and there are an additional two, twin beds. We had the "search light" outside of our window, so I guess that you could say that it was a partially obstructed view. It didn't bother us one bit. These rooms are terrific OV rooms...and the same exact price as those on much lower decks.

Regina

Would you say that #7006 was LARGER than #7008? We had #7006 last year and even though it was all the way to the front, we were surprised at the size of the room. Do you have any pictures of #7008? I remember the wood floor at the entrance to #7006 before the carpet area. Loved the quiet and didn't mind the rockin' of the ship as it makes sleeping a breeze for me :)