Seattle Monorail??

Akkadian01

Barely. It has had a couple of incidents in the last couple of years; twice stranding people for hours and one time it had a pretty bad fire. Luckily no one died. I used to ride it all the time but I don't risk it anymore.

Being from Seattle I would rather walk from downtown Seattle to the Seattle Center, I just don't trust the monorail anymore.

Agreed, and I forgot to add the story about the monorail driver that sideswiped another train stopped at Westlake station. Luckily the train didn't tip over all the way and fall off the tracks. Do you remember was that before or after the fire?

Agreed, and I forgot to add the story about the monorail driver that sideswiped another train stopped at Westlake station. Luckily the train didn't tip over all the way and fall off the tracks. Do you remember was that before or after the fire?

As I remember the monorail had stopped at least once close to the Seattle Center, then the next was the fire and then once they got it up and working the driver sideswiped the other train going into Westlake Mall. After all of the stalls on the tracks and the fire ladder trucks evacuating the trains, that was enough for me. I prefer to walk or jump on a Metro bus.

Archived