ROLL CALL - Celebrity Millennium from San Francisco to Alaska 5/19/08

AdamOfCanaveral

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey folks -- any other gay couples on this cruise on May 19th, 2008? Would be great to have another couple to share dinner with!

Hope to hear from some others onboard. Adam and Bob (original posters here) have unfortunately had to cancel their cruise due to a relocation to Florida, new home purchase, remodeling, etc.

There have to be some others out there! :-)

Adam --

Good to hear from you! We're looking forward to the shore excursions...although, I am not too sure about this zipline thing that Ian has us doing. I am not sure I like the idea of whisking above the treelines at 200 feet doing 40+mph on a tiny cable.

Here is a video of what we're in for:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7402227463806238678

We're looking forward to the shore excursions...although, I am not too sure about this zipline thing that Ian has us doing. I am not sure I like the idea of whisking above the treelines at 200 feet doing 40+mph on a tiny cable.

Here is a video of what we're in for:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7402227463806238678

Is this the same Ian that you have to coax to get onto a roller coaster?:)

That does look like a wild ride!

Is this the same Ian that you have to coax to get onto a roller coaster?:)

That does look like a wild ride!

Exactly! I had to convince him to get on that roller coaster, and he also refused to do a seaplane ride in Alaska (which I REALLY wanted to do)....but he feels that this is a "safe" alternative hehe :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Couple here traveling with our son (posted to main roll call as well). We live in Southern California, so the flights won't be too bad. Counting down!! Less than 6 weeks to go.

We still need to figure out what to do in port - YIKES!! I think it might be less expensive to actually buy a helicopter than to take an excursion.

Booked in an aft family veranda - lucked out on that when making final payment. Have to yet to see what room we are in as it was guarantee, but offers much more space than a regular balcong - especially with the kid ;).

Can't wait to meet everyone. I think there is another couple as well on the ship.

Jason (San Clemente, CA)

"other couple"....... hey jason, anthony & ralph. we are in a HC aft room. maybe we'll be neighbors. we are in north hollywood. i know what you mean about the excursions. we actually paid more for 4 tours each then we did for the cruise!! what day is your sons Bday? i think you can have the room decorated for his bday. what a surprise that would be!

Sorry - what is an HC room? Our son's bday is actually on the 17th, but close enough to celebrate.... we will be in Hawaii the weekend prior for Mother's Day lol! I've seen decorated rooms on ships in the past - how do you request that? Travel agent or through X directly?

we are late seating too. i've already booked one night at Olympic, tues the 20th. got a god time too, 7:30pm. when we were on summit (r/t HI) we ate there a few times. soooo nice. at the time they had a "wine pairing" which we did one night and it was very nice. are friends, karen & jeff, are traveling with us this trip we should have a ball !! all of us can get together for drinks b4 dinner..... nice way to break the ice, no pun.

Anthony --

Yeah, would be great to get together and meet everyone one evening on-board. Ian and I are still searching for some tablemates too here on Cruise Critic for the second seating in case anyone is interested.

Look forward to meeting everyone in a few weeks!

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd throw our hats in the ring, now that I finally realized there is a thread here on this board. We are Sam and Moe from Atlanta, GA. I've chatted with a few of you on the Celebrity thread already.

It seems like we are well on our way of having our 10% of family members on board. Perhaps the cruise director will schedule some FOD gatherings for us. If not, I'm sure if we ask they will.

Moe and I were on the Century this past fall and they had one scheduled almost everyday in the martini bar. We had a pretty large group and had lots of fun.

I'm trying to keep my wits about me but its getting harder and harder each day we get closer to going.

Sam

Anthony --

Adam and Bob, unfortunately, were unable to make this cruise due to a relocation from the DC area down to Florida. I think everything else up there is correct.

We'll be with you in spirit and checking for postings from the ship.

Greetings everyone,

I see that we (Bryan and Jeremy) have been "found". We are so looking forward to this vacation; less than five weeks now. We are in late dining and are going to Olympic on 5/24 at 6:30pm (early-bird special ;) )

Archived