Elation Questions

mmm6075

Hello all!

We cruise on the Elation in less than a month. These boards have been a fantastic help to us in getting ready for our 1st cruise. I do have a couple of questions that I have not seen posted anywhere:

1. My wife and I enjoy working out daily. What are the workout facilities like on the Elation?

2. I am an avid sports fan and will be on board the ship for the opening Sunday of the NFL. Is there anyway to see a game on board? Highlights?

3. In a related question, what stations can you get on the TV in the staterooms? ESPN??? CNN? Any of the major networks?

Thanks in advance, you guys are the greatest!

Mike & Leah

HI mmm6075...We just got off of the Elation July18-25,2004..Had a great time!!The ship was soooo beautiful!!

THe workout rooms are good also!!And at the top on the Sports deck they have a track!!

The channels on the ship are..i dont remember really..but it has a couple of news stations!

http://community.webshots.com/user/wards03 Pictures!!of our cruises except jubilee!

Hmmm, let's see if I can remember some of this...

Personally, I loved the workout facility. I'm a runner, but at sea, it's often just too windy to run (plus the track is 1/8 mile, which makes me dizzy). The treadmills are right in front of the windows facing the direction you're sailing. Plus, the rocking provided a bit of an "extra" work-out as you tried to balance yourself. :D As for weight training, the machines didn't actually use plates, but resistance. You set the weight you wanted digitally, and the resistance provided the weight for you. DH used these, but said it wasn't always very accurate.

As for TV, I don't remember any in-cabin cable; well, maybe CNN, I just can't remember. I do remember NBC broadcasting from New York. I only remember this because we were watching the Friends finale while getting ready for dinner. It was pretty staticy, though. They had TVs in the bar in Tiffany's (lido deck buffet restaurant), but they were equally staticy. It was hit or miss on that channel coming in.

There's no sports bar on the Elation; in fact, besides in your cabin, the only place I remember seeing TVs was in Tiffany's. They didn't get any different channels from your cabin.

I had a rough time throughout the week checking on scores from my 'Stros games (shame I was at sea during a week they were actually winning! :o ). Good luck with the football games. Guess there's one advantage to being at home watching the games on my big screen as opposed to sailing away on my favorite ship. :(

Archived