2009 World Cruises - Any updates?

Hopeful Henry

Since Cunard made the annoucement about QE2's departure, I thought perhaps they'd release information about the 2009 world cruise or cruises by now. Anyone have any updates?

By 2009 QE 2 will be gone. For me there will be no world cruises anymore.

Richard

Richard

I'll second that re world cruises and no QE2!!! am already looking at suitable alternatives to Cunard!!!! Cunard will not realise what they have lost until QE2 has finally gone to Dubai & what a foolish mistake they've made!!!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Richard

I'll second that re world cruises and no QE2!!! am already looking at suitable alternatives to Cunard!!!! Cunard will not realise what they have lost until QE2 has finally gone to Dubai & what a foolish mistake they've made!!!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Has anyone noticed how since the announcement, while there has been a lot of chatter on the board the level of excitment and enthusiasm for the whole concept of being on a Cunard ship seems to have left the board?

I am sure $100 million beats the alternative for the company but they may have killed the golden goose a bit early and will find getting their "Mojo" to use an old word, back maybe difficult.

But then again, they may have decided that with the QE2 out of the way they can move Cunard totally into the 21 century of "modern" family orientated cruising with all the glitz of the rest of Carnival's stable.

As a solo cruisier, I certainly will miss the singles on the QE2 and the lower supplement even for a double cabin vs all the other lines. Even land based resorts like to reach into my pocket for extra cash. Makes one on occasion wish to drag along your local dustman as a gift to both him and the establishment for being so nice to require a 200% rate for a single.

Not yet but the world cruises will continue with or without the QE2. Despite all the "moaning" about how the world cruises and Cunard will lose customers - and I am sure a number of loyals will depart - there are many more saying that its time to move on. The poll on the Cunard thread shows around 80% as saying they will either stay exclusively with Cunard or mix Cunard with other lines. The reality is that Cunard will continue and the QM2 and QV will go into 2009 with world cruises.

Now its just a matter of time before the world cruise line up is introduced!

David

Has anyone noticed how since the announcement, while there has been a lot of chatter on the board the level of excitment and enthusiasm for the whole concept of being on a Cunard ship seems to have left the board?

Erm, nope! I can't say I've noticed any less enthusiasm for being on a Cunard ship!

Just wanted to add that Princess is also offering 2009 World Cruises, here's the link if anyone is interested or just curious:

http://www.princess.com/pb/searchResults.do?time=255&trade=&duration=3&ship=&date=0109&orderBy=&filterBy=&resType=C&pageOffset=

Eddie

Thanks but, the ships that Princess are offering are a bit small for my taste (30,000 tons) and, given 100+ days sailing, bad weather and bad seas will be guaranteed, I'd like to have a bit more steel underneath me for stability. However, your efforts and thought behind it is appreciated.

Archived