Still new here - I'm curious about Member Cruises

Hi,

I'm still pretty new to the board and as I keep clicking links, I found the Members Cruises page and, I think it's great that such a thing can be organized on here. And, I understand the procedures and all of that -

My question is: is there a limit to how many cruises are offered per month and also is there restrictions about what type of groups can be organized.

For example, there are LOTS of Caribbean cruises but, I don't see any for Bermuda or Alaska in 2008 and only a handful for Europe.

Is it demand based?

Hi,

I'm still pretty new to the board and as I keep clicking links, I found the Members Cruises page and, I think it's great that such a thing can be organized on here. And, I understand the procedures and all of that -

My question is: is there a limit to how many cruises are offered per month and also is there restrictions about what type of groups can be organized.

For example, there are LOTS of Caribbean cruises but, I don't see any for Bermuda or Alaska in 2008 and only a handful for Europe.

Is it demand based?

Welcome to the boards! I haven't headed up a Members Cruise yet and probably never will but, I believe I can loosely answer some of your questions.

I know the first pre-step to take is make sure the cruise you'd like to form a Cruise Critic group on isn't already formed. If it isn't, then check how many cruises are being offered for your specific month (it makes sense to limit this number, although granted, I don't know the magic number - otherwise there wouldn't be enough CC members to fill the group).

If there isn't many or any cruises for the month and itinerary you want then there is a good chance you'll get approval.

Maybe someone who has actually headed a group can now fill in the rest of the blanks!

Well, you might be a little early for Alaska 2009 since those itineraries probably won't be released for a few months but, it certainly wouldn't hurt to see if there is interest.

What you should do is post a poll, tell people the date and cruise line you have in mind, and, see what type of response you get.

Good luck!

Archived