Any experience with making a 9:00am flight leaving SJU?

jimbug

First of all, let me say, I *know* that we shouldn't book flights before noon. In fact, my flight leaves at 2:20pm, so I'm sure we'll be safe there. However, my mom is thinking about joining us on the cruise, and the only flight available for the day we leave that is under $1000(!) leaves at 9:00am on Continental to Houston.

This particular flight set-up would only cost her $360, while something that left later would, as I said, cost over $1000. Bah! (In other words, it's either this early flight or not going at all...)

So, that said, does anyone have any experience with making a flight that early? I do know that early in the week, we'd need to notify the purser's desk so that they can help us make arrangements, and that she'd need to be one of the first people off the ship.

I seem to recall someone saying they made an early flight, but I can't find the thread to find the details. Any thoughts?

Oh, also...if for some reason she didn't make it, perhaps the airlines would be able to accommodate her on a later flight, especially since it would just be one passenger?

That means that she would have to be at the airport by 8am. She might not even be disembarked by that time. Also, the cab ride takes about 15 minutes. Chances are slim to none that she would make it.

Joanne

Have you tried to get your Mom Cruise Air?? I think she can get it if she's in a separate cabin, otherwise, I think all persons in the party have to book it that way.

Also, try getting online Tues/Wed around midnight- the fares seem to come down on those days.

Sidestep and Kayak have really good pricing on airfare.

I don't think it's even remotely possible to make that flight at 9am- sorry!

She can't have cruise air for that exact reason - the other 2 of us in the cabin booked our own airfare already.....and to get her own cabin would be about $2k with the single supplement, whereas adding her into our own cabin would only be $700.

It's starting to look like she won't be able to go, unless she's willing to spend another night in SJU (by herself, unfortunately, as our flights have us coming back on Sunday.)

Oh well! Maybe next year...

Okay, thanks a million for the kayak suggestion! I've seen the site before, but didn't realize they showed more than Expedia or anywhere else would show. American Airlines has flights that for the same as Continental that leave at 11:05 a.m.! That works for me....yes, it is still a bit early, but definitely manageable!

She can't have cruise air for that exact reason - the other 2 of us in the cabin booked our own airfare already.....and to get her own cabin would be about $2k with the single supplement, whereas adding her into our own cabin would only be $700.

It's starting to look like she won't be able to go, unless she's willing to spend another night in SJU (by herself, unfortunately, as our flights have us coming back on Sunday.)

Oh well! Maybe next year...

Also, have you looked at getting her a 1A cabin. I'm sailing solo, and my 1A cabin costs me about $650. That way, she could take advantage of the cruise air option.

Joanne

Archived