Balcony Question - Miracle

stellasue

We have to make a decision (asap) about whether to book a regular balcony or an extended balcony. Anyone out there have any info on the diiference in size? I understand that the extended is supposed to be twice as deep as the regular, but I have no frame of reference as far as the measurements themselves. Also, is there a difference in terms of furniture - i.e. lounge chair v. upright chair?? Thanks for any help!!:)

There are 2 types of extended balconies, 1 is almost twice as deep but the same width and the other is the same depth but twice as long, do you know which one you are looking at booking or what cabin catigory is it??

I can't think of any cons to the extra long balconies but there could be cons for the extra deep balconies, depending where they are located.

roughly 9 wide by 4 deep on the regular and 9 wide and 6 deep on the extended. The side extended are located over the life boats, so looking down there will be some restricted view. Some will say that when sitting you wouldn't notice the difference so it's a personnal preference thing. We downgraded ourselves to a regular to NOT be over the lifeboats. But I enjoy watching the water along the hull and actually spend more time at the rail looking around then I do sitting.

If I was to book an extended over the life boats I'D certainly book as centered into the recessed area as possible.......if you are too far forward for example when you looked forward you would see the part of the ship that isn't recessed.

Hope this helps a bit.

They are all good and the Miracle is a beautiful ship!!

The only one we would be interested in would be the one that's twice as deep. Looking at the deck plans, I don't see where any appear to be twice as wide but I do see 8C, 8E, 8G and 8I which appear to be somewhat deeper. Our concern is that it would be nice not to be right up against the plexiglass when sitting on the balcony and we're also considering the possibility that the deeper balcony might contain lounge chairs. We spend a great deal of time on our balcony and want to be comfortable. This is our first time giving Carnival a try on the 8 day out of NYC right after the kids go back to school.

The only one we would be interested in would be the one that's twice as deep. Looking at the deck plans, I don't see where any appear to be twice as wide but I do see 8C, 8E, 8G and 8I which appear to be somewhat deeper. Our concern is that it would be nice not to be right up against the plexiglass when sitting on the balcony and we're also considering the possibility that the deeper balcony might contain lounge chairs. We spend a great deal of time on our balcony and want to be comfortable. This is our first time giving Carnival a try on the 8 day out of NYC right after the kids go back to school.

I didn't want to confuse you with the recessed issue so I made this up to visualize.....your extended will be in the recessed over the lifeboats and you can see by the cabins indicated that the side view might "seem restricted"...not saying they are but I'd be ticked if I couldn't see aft/forward.

marvel99.jpg

The normal balconies are fine....I'm 6' 4"......this was taken from the aft of 3 regular balconies with the dividers opened.

2296923060043811933S600x600Q85.jpg

the upper deck forward has extended with sloped glass (no lifeboats, not recessed BUT over the showroom) I'm booked here for October.........photos from someone else cruise http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2166966540059461464eFtPUZ

and the cabins across the aft are extended and sloped because the angle of the ship.

You might consider these.

How do the category 9A balconies compare in size to the Category 8 or 11? Are they the same width? Deeper? Also how are the layouts? We are debating on the Liberty or the Miracle and curious about how much extra cabin and balcony you get for the extra $$$. Thanks!

How do the category 9A balconies compare in size to the Category 8 or 11? Are they the same width? Deeper? Also how are the layouts? We are debating on the Liberty or the Miracle and curious about how much extra cabin and balcony you get for the extra $$$. Thanks!

Liberty's 9a will be a corner wrap with the HUGE balcony................Miracles corners are considered cat 12.

Most people say that if they had a Liberty 9A and were upgraded to a 11 or 12...........they would be ticked. They go fast for a reason....the view!!

The 9a's on the Miracle sides are extended in depth(6ft) and are double wide......there are photo's kicking around but I can't remember who had them.

Cabin Miracle 9a would probably be bigger...........Liberty 9A corner wrap........AWESOME balcony.

Just saw that there were a few side 9A's on the liberty.......looks like a very nice sized room with a regular depth balcony that at least double wide......side 9A's look great.

The balcony is longer and narrower than those on the 8I and other extended balconies. The 9A is the depth of the regular balcony. Its a nice long balcony and of course the room is great.

the upper deck 9a's look to be similar in dept to the 7a's........the other decks look to match up with the extended categories..........but I've never been. So I'll leave that to the have beens to know for sure.LOL

Archived