Travel Insured - Insurance

NEW YORK LADY2

Has anyone used Travel Insured? We ususally use Travelex Lite which is a primary insurer and rated A+. Travel Insured is also primary but rated an A However their Emergency Evacuation is $500K as opposed to Travelex which is $50K and included with Medical. Everything else is the same so I am inclined to go with Travel Insured but thought I'd see if anyone has used them before and if they filed a claim, were they easy to work with. We are going on a Med cruise with a post or pre stay so it could get expensive for Medical and Emergency Evacuation. Thanks for any insight you can give me.

We have used travel Insured. We buy it through USAA because we get a small discount. USAA is pretty picky about who they sponsor so I'm confident that they are a good company. The only problem I have is you have to buy it within several weeks of the deposit if you want the pre-existing medical coverage. Most other insurance companies require this also. Since I change my cruise dates sometimes, I like the companies that allow you to buy it right up to the final payment date and still have pre-existing medical coverage.

drpack:

I agree with you about using an insurance provider who will cover preexisting conditions if you buy with final payment as opposed to having to buy within a short time of deposit. I know CSA is one company that allows this. Do you have any other recommendations? CSA is a little pricey! Thanks.

drpack:

I agree with you about using an insurance provider who will cover preexisting conditions if you buy with final payment as opposed to having to buy within a short time of deposit. I know CSA is one company that allows this. Do you have any other recommendations? CSA is a little pricey! Thanks.

Major premise, minor premise.:)

I don't have a problem with getting the insurance within 14 days of deposit as if you do change your cruise date all you need to do is call them and they will change the dates for you and you are still covered for pre-existing. We have done this with Travelex Travelite, who are also Primary Insurers. Travel Insured is only different from Travelex in that they offer more coverage for Medical Evacuation but I wanted others opinion of the company since I was not that familiar with them.

Thanks to all who replied as that helped make my decison easier.

Jackie

drpack:

HTH Worldwide Trip Protector and Trip Protector Preferred.

If your primary concern is medical coverage, there are several Health coverage only policies.

We bought HTH60. Much less expensive. Covers pre-existing if purchased before final payment AND you are medically able to take the trip at that time.

What is HTH60? It's not listed on InsureMyTrip.com or on the HTH web site.

Archived