Grandeur looks GRAND!

We are taking our first cruise in October and we just had to go down and watch the Grandeur leave Baltimore to head to Bermuda. It was a gorgeous day and the ship was wonderful to see back out, turn around and head out to see. We first watched it from the back parking lot of Harbor hospital then went up to Fort Armistead to watch it go under the Francis Scott Key bridge. It was so beautiful that I cannot hardly wait until I get to board her in October. I hope you enjoy the pic as well.:)

DSCF0168.jpg.4e718e6cdc1485eb767c0f08b36beec7.jpg

Hi there Lighthouselilly63,

When are you going on the Grandeur in October?

We are also leaving this October on the Grandeur.....we were on her back in 2004 for our first cruise and can't wait to be back onboard again.

She's a GORGEOUS ship and I'm sure you'll have a great first cruise on her, just like we did!!:D

Happy Cruising!!

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Hi Lighthouse, we have sailed the Granduer twice out of Baltimore. There is plenty to keep you occupied on the ship and the crew is great. If you get board, and you won't, just look into the sun and the ocean. Honestly, you have probably read reviews of the ship. My opinion is that it is a clean and friendly ship with a great and friendly staff. On our two cruises we had a wonderful time with the people that we met and all the staff aboard, the Granduer must have a charm to attract people together, I can't recall any of the bad stuff. I had no complaints with the food, service or helpfulness of the staff. It is a middle age ship, I guess we'll call it, so it doesn't have the glitz-n-glammer of the new Super Class Ships! This is the kind of ship that you just feel comfortable walking around like it's your place. The Celebrity Galaxy, my personnal favorite, felt the same way.

We are taking our first cruise in October and we just had to go down and watch the Grandeur leave Baltimore to head to Bermuda. It was a gorgeous day and the ship was wonderful to see back out, turn around and head out to see. We first watched it from the back parking lot of Harbor hospital then went up to Fort Armistead to watch it go under the Francis Scott Key bridge. It was so beautiful that I cannot hardly wait until I get to board her in October. I hope you enjoy the pic as well.:)

Great pic, Lilly, I can't wait until we're all onboard.

We are also leaving this October on the Grandeur.....we were on her back in 2004 for our first cruise and can't wait to be back onboard again.

She's a GORGEOUS ship and I'm sure you'll have a great first cruise on her, just like we did!!:D

Happy Cruising!!

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Hey Gail,

Click the link in my sig for our 10/5/07 roll call, we've got a pretty good group chatting, and we've already met our Meet & Mingle quota, so sign up and join our party.

Later cruisers.

Thanks for the photo. We're booked on Grandeur on 9/21/07.

From our screen names, it looks like we have some similar interests. We were trying to find a boat to take us out to Thomas Point Lighthouse on 9/19. Apparently there are no small boat tours in Annapolis any longer... Oh well...

Lightsluvr

Next month will be our 4th time on Grandeur out of Baltimore. I love sailing OVER the Chesapeake Bay tunnel and seeing the lights on the boardwalk of Virginia Beach. Not to mention Baltimore is only about an hours drive. No planes, lines, hotels, taxis, tipping, etc,etc. If you have the time.....go to an Orioles game the night before. The Inner Harbor area is really nice.

Hi Lighthouse, we have sailed the Granduer twice out of Baltimore. There is plenty to keep you occupied on the ship and the crew is great. If you get board, and you won't, just look into the sun and the ocean. Honestly, you have probably read reviews of the ship. My opinion is that it is a clean and friendly ship with a great and friendly staff. On our two cruises we had a wonderful time with the people that we met and all the staff aboard, the Granduer must have a charm to attract people together, I can't recall any of the bad stuff. I had no complaints with the food, service or helpfulness of the staff. It is a middle age ship, I guess we'll call it, so it doesn't have the glitz-n-glammer of the new Super Class Ships! This is the kind of ship that you just feel comfortable walking around like it's your place. The Celebrity Galaxy, my personnal favorite, felt the same way.

Okay now I'm really excited, this will be our first RCI cruise but I LOVE the Galaxy...it's my most favorite ship in the world.:D only 96 hours to go:D:D

I've got to agree. We've sailed Gradeur three times, and it is a great ship - even when it had the dent in the side!:rolleyes:

The crew is fantasic, and the Captain last year - Rob Hempstead - was hysterical:p

And it is nice that it is less than an hour's drive from my home.

Enjoy your Grandeur cruise - you'll love it!

Happy Cruising!!

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Gail: Yes it is October 5th. Make sure you sign up for the Meet and Mingle. We will have a wonderful time.:D :D

Awesome picture! Thanks. I always get so excited when I drive to work and see the Granduer at the cruise terminal. I thought maybe I would see it yesterday but I must have missed it. It's always the highlight though coming home from work to see the boat docked. I still gawk at it as if I've never seen one before:eek: I'll be leaving in less than two weeks and very excited to revisit the ship again.

Jessica

Nice Pic.

I snapped this one of her leaving cruise MD back in November.

I was sitting on one of the benches at Ft. McHenry.

(My opinion the best place to watch her go by.)

Can't wait, only 18 more days till it's finally us.

RS

452828902_Grandueroftheseas620-413.jpg.09ebd61b5157d64f18a5efd7dea8eb96.jpg

How could I have forgotten to mention Captain Rob Hempstead?:confused: You all will find him very entertaining. Try to be in a location to be able to actually hear his messages.

Chawoobie, would you be upset if I copied your avitar one day when I take the time to figure out how to do it? If so, that's O.K. There are plenty more avitars in the sea!:D :eek:

Archived