When does the rocking stop???

mansfieldmom

I just returned from the Conquest yesterday and I still feel like I'm on the boat...rocking back and forth! As I was cooking breakfast this morning (rocking), I remembered a story on Dateline or 20/20 about this woman that went on a cruise and came back and never got over the rocking...now I have this fear...OMG!!! :o

I just returned from the Conquest yesterday and I still feel like I'm on the boat...rocking back and forth! As I was cooking breakfast this morning (rocking), I remembered a story on Dateline or 20/20 about this woman that went on a cruise and came back and never got over the rocking...now I have this fear...OMG!!! :o

It usually takes me 2-3 days. Dont worry. :D

I got off the Holiday on Saturday, we drove about 7 hours home and when we finally got home I felt that way as well, to the point I felt sick. I never felt sick on the boat but I did when we got home. When I woke up on Sunday I felt a better but could still feel the movement. Today I feel totally normal, good luck!

Ive had the rocking feeling for up to 6 weeks. It was very annoying. I now take a prescription a few days before we leave and during the cruise and a few days after I get home and the last cruise it worked like a charm. Go to an ENT if it doesnt go away after a week. Motion sickness drugs do NOT help with this.

I have felt the movement for up to a week before. I think different people are just different. Has to do with the natural fluid in your ears. My dh never feels it or even cares about it. I have a friend that had it for 2 weeks and she ended up at the doctor because it was making her so miserable. I usually take dramamine for a day before I get on the ship and a day or two after. It helps. Feel better soon!

The first couple of times I cruised I would still have my sea legs for about two days after I got home. Now it rarely happens, if ever. Most people I know who get sea legs say it usually lasts for a few days, up to a week at most, but each day it gets better and better.

Mal de Debarquement Syndrome (or MdDS) is an imbalance or rocking/swaying sensation often both "felt" and "seen" by the sufferer that occurs after exposure to motion (most commonly after a sea cruise or a flight).

from

http://www.mdds.org.uk/

What Causes Mal de Debarquement ?

from

http://www.tchain.com/otoneurology/disorders/central/mdd.html

MDD Case History

from

http://www.etete.com/mdd/cases/KJ.html

We just got off of the Pride on the 17th and yes I did not feel sick on board but I took meclazine everyday on the cruise and for 3 days after. The rocking stopped approx 2-3 days after. It'll stop for you too...

Mansfieldmom--

Not to make light of your situtation, but we could all just keep cruising and then we wouldn't have to worry about the rocking feeling when we get off of the ship!!:D We would never get off!! I usually have this problem for couple of days too. I also have the problem of stepping up into the bathroom, waiting for someone to make my bed, clean up after me, and cook & serve my meals.There is only two cures for that, a full time maid or keep cruising all the time!:p I can't afford either!! I hope you get to feeling better.

"I'm not drunk....

I just got off a Cruise Ship."

as a rule...

allow 1/2 day for every day you were on a cruise...

so you should get over it about 3 1/2 days after the cruise is over...

(sigh)

as a rule...

allow 1/2 day for every day you were on a cruise...

so you should get over it about 3 1/2 days after the cruise is over...

(sigh)

Ah great...that means I have to wait 6 days after my Freedom cruise in a month! :mad:

I didn't have any rocking when I got back from my 8 night Miracle cruise thank goodness. Although when I took a 2 night cruise to nowhere last year I was rocking for a few days. Don't understand why I would have the rocking feeling from a short cruise and not from a longer one. Anyway, if you took motion meds on the cruise did you continue to take them for a few days after you get back? That is what I did so maybe thats why I didn't have the motion feeling. On the short cruise I didn't bother to take anything.

It rock-n-roll for about 3 days.Twice(mind you) twice on the way from the store to my car I have been asked by police if I had been drinking.One understood ,he was a cruiser but the other time he asked me to take the ***TEST***.I really need that tshirt!!!

Mansfieldmom--

Not to make light of your situtation, but we could all just keep cruising and then we wouldn't have to worry about the rocking feeling when we get off of the ship!!:D We would never get off!! I usually have this problem for couple of days too. I also have the problem of stepping up into the bathroom, waiting for someone to make my bed, clean up after me, and cook & serve my meals.There is only two cures for that, a full time maid or keep cruising all the time!:p I can't afford either!! I hope you get to feeling better.

...and putting the toilet lid down before flushing....

I was having a really rotten day before I read that...thanks so much! As for the feeling, I had very minor problems the first time cruising, for about a day or so, then I would get off the ship and have more of a problem than on it, even during gale force winds, I was okay. I have found the more I cruise, the less problem I have, but yes, a few days to a week and that's it, but it grows less frequently everyday.

LMAO, :p the Conquest will do that to you. When we got back my dad and I were still feeling the rocking. We even bumped into each other once or twice.

It went away after about 3 to 4 days. It gets funny when your at home and you still feel the motion.

I think it's from the fast motion at night. Once it gets dark outside ships hops in the fastlane so to speak to get the next port and we we're usually still moving around the ship at night.

Don't worry it will go away. You just got back yesturday. By Thursday you'll be feeling fine:)

Archived