bringing beverages on board

Bvillemom3

Not sure why some people's docs same something else. Could it depend on the ship???? Oh well, never heard of anyone having their soda or water taken from them. Mine says I can bring it, so I am bringing water w/ me.:D

Maybe..we're going on the Victory to Nova Scotia.

You are correct, I just got all my documents and it says exactly what you quoted from their website. On the page that says "Carnival BEFORE YOU SAIL." (Bold was their's not mine.) Not sure why some people's docs same something else. Could it depend on the ship???? Oh well, never heard of anyone having their soda or water taken from them. Mine says I can bring it, so I am bringing water w/ me.:D

I've seen a couple of posts this past week where someone has said they put a luggage tag on a shrink-wrapped case of water from Costco (35 bottles, .5 Litre, $4.69) and checked it in. I think the message thread said 4 times he had no problem, one time the case of water dissapeared.

We're leaving this Saturday and that's what I intend to do.

As far as wine is concered, someone said in this thread that you can bring 2 bottles per person per day. Don't know where they got that from, but the carry on rule says 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person for the cruise.

No, sorry. Any alcohol purchases made on the ship will be held for you until the morning of debakation.

Well actually you get it the last evening of the cruise. That would cause quite mess if they waited until debarkation morning to pass out the liquor.

So what are you saying?
What I'm saying is we've carried on more than one bottle per person without any problems. It was in our wheeled carry on bag that went through the scanner.

last time I checked Carnival's policy (in Feb) the rule was 2 bottles of wine or champagne per person (over 21) per day, so on a 7 day cruise, for 2 people you can, in theory, take 28 bottles lol. I love to drink and this seems a bit much to me.

Better check it again, because that is not (nor ever has been, to my knowledge) Carnival's policy.

You read about people falling overboard? That's from smuggling! Not because they were drunk. They get thrown over because they were caught smuggling. Its the law of the sea, you could look it up.

Dan

Nice. Very nice. I'm still chuckling. :D

And in that vein, when bringing cans on board, you MUST shake them vigorously before boarding!! ;)

Well actually you get it the last evening of the cruise. That would cause quite mess if they waited until debarkation morning to pass out the liquor.

You're correct. They did it the morning of - long ago - so I guess they learned by error. I remember having to go wait in a line at the liquor area for it. They didn't deliver to cabins then.;)

Nice. Very nice. I'm still chuckling. :D

And in that vein, when bringing cans on board, you MUST shake them vigorously before boarding!! ;)

...and if you don't shake them vigorously, the porters WILL. :p

Just cruised last week and all went fine. Carried on one bottle of Korbel champagne in my bag for bon voyage and cracked it open on the spa deck. (it stayed chilled in our hotel room fridge the night before)

In checked bag, one bottle of wine, in bubble wrap, one bottle of Grey Goose wrapped in a towel, no problem. Also brought some water, diet sprites, powerades, and some beer...a reasonable amount, about four of each.

While in Mahahual, we bought some 24 oz. bottles of water for one dollar each and brought back on the ship, too.

Archived