Dolphin Encounter in Nassau?

travgurl

Haven't done the one in Nassau, but we did the dolphin swim in Cozumel. Spend the money and do the swim. It is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would do it again in Nassau when we're there in December, but the ship is only in port a few hours, darn it.

Has anyone done this excursion? Is it worth the money? Do you recommend the swim or encounter?

we are also looking into doing this tour. our next cruise isn't til October.

My dh is in a wheelchair & they have advised that he would be able to do the encounter so I think he is going to try that & I am going to do the swim.

if you decide to go......Would you mind checking it out & letting me know what you think of the accessibility etc! I would greatly appreciate it!!! my e-mail is keller2@bellsouth.net

• 5 months later...

If you book online for the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon, it is $89 versus the $118 through RCCL. I know booking through the cruise, you get transportation from off the ship. Otherwise, do you have to take a ferry to Paradise Island to get the transportation to Blue Lagoon? How much is that and is it worth the hassle. We have a family of 4 going and it is quite expensive, so looking for a saving if it is worth it.

Thanks everyone,

Randy

If you book online for the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon, it is $89 versus the $118 through RCCL. I know booking through the cruise, you get transportation from off the ship. Otherwise, do you have to take a ferry to Paradise Island to get the transportation to Blue Lagoon? How much is that and is it worth the hassle? We have a family of 4 going and it is quite expensive, so looking for a saving if it is worth it.

Thanks everyone and looking forward to the Radiance 1/5!!!!,

Randy

If you book online for the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon, it is $89 versus the $118 through RCCL. I know booking through the cruise, you get transportation from off the ship. Otherwise, do you have to take a ferry to Paradise Island to get the transportation to Blue Lagoon? How much is that and is it worth the hassle? We have a family of 4 going and it is quite expensive, so looking for a saving if it is worth it.

Thanks everyone and looking forward to the Radiance 1/5!!!!,

Randy

You can take a $4pp cab to the Ferry Terminal to get your tickets and board the ferry, on the way back, us get off downtown near the port when others disembark. That's $93pp instead of $118.

Scubagirl,

Do you recommend making reservations in advance with

www. dolphinencounters.com , or purchase the tickets at the Ferry Terminal?

Thanks for your guidance

Randy

In most cases you MUST make reservations ahead of time. These book up months in advance. You purchase online, then pick up at the Ferry terminal. The terminal is just across the bridge on Paradise Island. $4pp by cab.

My daughter and I are doing the dolphin encounter in Nassau in less then 2 weeks. I can't wait..Im SOOOOOO excited. Hahaha.

For what its worth, I booked through the cruiseline. It ended up being about 12.00 more pp but at least I know all my transportation is already taken care of and that we'll make it back to the ship with no problems. (Just me, I tend to worry about crazy things like that)

Have a great cruise.

Laura

In most cases you MUST make reservations ahead of time. These book up months in advance. You purchase online, then pick up at the Ferry terminal. The terminal is just across the bridge on Paradise Island. $4pp by cab.

Can you get a cab right outside the walk through marketplace at the port? Last time we were there we were mobbed by cabbies wanting to take us on an island tour. Will there be no problem just having them take DW and I to the ferry terminal? (short fare). And I also heard that when coming back from Blue Lagoon you can stay on the ferry when it drops people off at the terminal and it will take you back to the ship with the passengers that booked through the cruiselines.???? Thanks!

Steve

Scuba Girl,

I contacted Dolphin Encounters and got a reservation for 4 at 10:30 AM. This will save me ~$120. I am assuming it is exactly the same experience as if I went thru the cruise line, is that true? Also they say they limit it to 30 people per time slot. If I did it thru RCL, would it be just as crowded?

Thanks again for your help

Randy

Scuba Girl,

I contacted Dolphin Encounters and got a reservation for 4 at 10:30 AM. This will save me ~$120. I am assuming it is exactly the same experience as if I went thru the cruise line, is that true? Also they say they limit it to 30 people per time slot. If I did it thru RCL, would it be just as crowded?

Thanks again for your help

Randy

Yes and yes. It's exactly the same.. and those slots fill up quickly. Not just from the cruiseships, but the tons of hotels guests.

I don't know of anyone who has complained that there were too many people. I think they group them in 10's..

Have a wonderful experience.

Archived