Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

Wow! You guys are great! Well, I just took my first Alli pill! I just had a turkey sandwich with light whole wheat bread and light mayo w/ lettuce and tomato. Crystal light and a few pretzels with it. Should be fine....

I really appreciate all your encouragment and good advice. Almost like I made two new friends! ;)

Talk to you soon. I'll let you know how I feel.

P.S. Marina, it sounds like you are off to a great start! Have you hopped on the scale yet? And, I know what you mean about giving away the 'big' clothes. I kinda wished I had a few back this summer! lol

You can never have enough friends!!!!!

P.S. Yes, my name is Pam! ;)

My son has his first date with a girl tonight named Marina. Very pretty name!

You and Dolphinfan are sooo lucky to be living in Florida and can hop on those cruise ships without the airfare! That's the most expensive part of cruising lately! We paid 420.00 pp to F.Laud for our Nov. cruise! :eek: The 10 day cruise was only 740.00 with taxes and fees. Geeeeeez!

Ouch..yeah, I don't think I would cruise as much if I had to pay for airfare too! As it is, I save all year for it!

Okay Dolphin Fan, you're going to have to tell us your name now too. If you are at all familiar with the Sweet Potatoe queens we can call you Tammy for purposes of anonimity. The writer of the books, Jill Connor Brown, wanted to keep her friends names a secret while writing so they decided to use fake names but when deciding on fake names they all wanted to be Tamyy. Must be a southern thing. Anyway if you don't want to give it up you can be Tammy:) of maybe DF for short.

Book CLub was a sucess last night . Ate ONE piece of cheese and did not eat anything else. Had too much wine, but thats for another discussion.

Pam, where do you live? We're actually flying to San Juan for our cruise this year. We get bored going out of FL ports. Last year we went out of Boston. Cold weather cruises are nice sometimes when you live in sweltering heat.

So your son is dating a "Marina". Well us Marina's always ask each other the question---What's your middle name? Its a hard name to pair with. Mine is Marie.

I was the only Marina I knew till I went to college and there were three of us in the same class. There's still not many of us around. The name fits me though here in S. W. Florida Marina's are usually a boat dock :)

I've got to get to work. Will check back later.

Okay Dolphin Fan, you're going to have to tell us your name now too. If you are at all familiar with the Sweet Potatoe queens we can call you Tammy for purposes of anonimity. The writer of the books, Jill Connor Brown, wanted to keep her friends names a secret while writing so they decided to use fake names but when deciding on fake names they all wanted to be Tamyy. Must be a southern thing. Anyway if you don't want to give it up you can be Tammy:) of maybe DF for short.

Book CLub was a sucess last night . Ate ONE piece of cheese and did not eat anything else. Had too much wine, but thats for another discussion.

Pam, where do you live? We're actually flying to San Juan for our cruise this year. We get bored going out of FL ports. Last year we went out of Boston. Cold weather cruises are nice sometimes when you live in sweltering heat.

So your son is dating a "Marina". Well us Marina's always ask each other the question---What's your middle name? Its a hard name to pair with. Mine is Marie.

I was the only Marina I knew till I went to college and there were three of us in the same class. There's still not many of us around. The name fits me though here in S. W. Florida Marina's are usually a boat dock :)

I've got to get to work. Will check back later.

You can use my real name..Cheryl :-)..I've also grown up by the nickname "Smiley" :-)

Glad to hear everything went ok for you..great job!!!

I have to tell you..I hit my 30 pound mark this morning!!!!!!

I've never know anybody by the name of Marina..its a beautiful name!

Cheryl, 30 lbs is awesome! Congratulations! I was a bit discouraged this am as the scale hasn't moved in a few days. I've lost about 3 lbs. Tomorrow will be one week. But, I'll take it! I'm wondering if I'm eating too little fat. I know my body will hang on to what I have if I don't eat enough!? I'm gonna stick with it and maybe tomorrow it will go down a bit more. Not quitting now. I would LOVE to lose 20 before Nov 2nd but, that is very unlikely but, I will try to lose as much as possible. It's so hot and humid here right now, I don't feel like taking my walk today.

Marina, you did a great job only having one piece of cheese. How is your stomach feeling on the pills. I don't feel any different on them so far. Are you having any TE's?

I've never cruised out of Boston or N.Y. It is pretty pricey in the summer. We like to cruise in Nov or Dec and it's waaaaaayyy too cold to sail from the North at that point! We usually get some good deals at the tail end of hurrican season.

What cruise line is your favorite? I see Cheryl likes Carnival, we've only cruised them once and to be honest we were so used to Royal Carib., I don't think we'd do it again. It was really crazy. Our latest cruises have been NCL. I like the 'Freestyle' dining. It's nice not having any real formal nights. Just 'resort casual' every night. I guess it depends on the price and itineraries too.

Cheryl, 30 lbs is awesome! Congratulations! I was a bit discouraged this am as the scale hasn't moved in a few days. I've lost about 3 lbs. Tomorrow will be one week. But, I'll take it! I'm wondering if I'm eating too little fat. I know my body will hang on to what I have if I don't eat enough!? I'm gonna stick with it and maybe tomorrow it will go down a bit more. Not quitting now. I would LOVE to lose 20 before Nov 2nd but, that is very unlikely but, I will try to lose as much as possible. It's so hot and humid here right now, I don't feel like taking my walk today.

Marina, you did a great job only having one piece of cheese. How is your stomach feeling on the pills. I don't feel any different on them so far. Are you having any TE's?

I've never cruised out of Boston or N.Y. It is pretty pricey in the summer. We like to cruise in Nov or Dec and it's waaaaaayyy too cold to sail from the North at that point! We usually get some good deals at the tail end of hurrican season.

What cruise line is your favorite? I see Cheryl likes Carnival, we've only cruised them once and to be honest we were so used to Royal Carib., I don't think we'd do it again. It was really crazy. Our latest cruises have been NCL. I like the 'Freestyle' dining. It's nice not having any real formal nights. Just 'resort casual' every night. I guess it depends on the price and itineraries too.

You do have to make sure you have "enough" fat from what I have read. I would go Low Fat instead of Fat free, but keep to your calories and you will do it!

I would love to go on a Royal Carribean or any other ship..its just that Carnival is cheaper! I'm hoping to take a 4 day cruise on RC sometime next year though.

P.S. I live in Coventry, Ct. It's in the Northeast part of Ct. 5 mins from UCONN! My sister and her family are in Westerly, RI. So, sometimes we fly out of Providence. We cruise with them all the time. I have two teenage boys 17 and 14. My sister has two boys too- ages 3 and 6. We all have a great time together. We are doing this cruise without the boys tho...:p it's our 20th anniv. and my sisters 10th! Yipppeeee!

P.S. I live in Coventry, Ct. It's in the Northeast part of Ct. 5 mins from UCONN! My sister and her family are in Westerly, RI. So, sometimes we fly out of Providence. We cruise with them all the time. I have two teenage boys 17 and 14. My sister has two boys too- ages 3 and 6. We all have a great time together. We are doing this cruise without the boys tho...:p it's our 20th anniv. and my sisters 10th! Yipppeeee!

WOW..congrats on the 20 years..you don't hear that much anymore!!!

I have a 25 year old son, 13 year old daughter, 5 year old grand-daughter and 4 month old grand-son!

Went out to lunch today and was VERY good. Managed to eat l ladylike salad instead of the greasy cheeseburger I really wanted. No TE's and my stomach feels good today. I forgot to take a pill yesterday at lunch and my stomach felt weird. I was blaming it on the pill until I saw the pill where I had left it. Didn't take one last night.

I'm down three pounds but I was retaining at the start of the week so I'd probably be down anyway. I lose weight very slowly.

If I can walk in the Florida heat you can too. I've walked every day this week and its been over 90.

I've got two kids. A 16 year old boy and an 8 year old girl. DH and I will be celebrating our twenty year anniversary next year. I've been on 23 cruises and have cruised all the major lines. They all have their strong points and weak points. We usually decide on an itinerary and then look at ships doing it. Then we decide which will fit our needs and pricepoint.

I've been on five Carnival cruises. 3,4, and 5 days. We actually won free cruise bingo once. We took a five day in the owners suite. Sounds great till you realize you pay income tax at the value shown in the brochure. The tax was more than I'd ever paid for a cruise before. Anyway, Carnival is a state of mind. If you go with the right attitude its okay. They are usually last minute deals for us and are at incredible prices.

Favorite cruise line is Holland America. It is soooo uncarnival like. Kind of an old fogey cruise but VERY relaxing. Loved the food. Cabins were nice. The upscale restaurant was fabulous.

Our upcoming cruise is on RCCL. They deliver a good and consistent product. I don't think the foods that great but at least I don't usually put on weight when we sail them.

Talk to you later,

Marina

I agree...no matter what cruise we have been on, we've had an awesome time. My brother in law is the fussy one. I 'go with the flow' and make the best of it. Afterall, we're on vacation!!!! He's a chef so, is a bit fussy with the food. He's was very impressed with NCL last year.

I'm glad that your stomach is feeling ok. Mine is too. I really think that when we have taken our pill, it keeps us on the straight and narrow. Too many times I've had good intentions when I walk into a restaurant and end up falling off course! Then the guilt kicks in. Keep up the good work!

I asked my son what Marina's middle name was and he mentioned a very hard to pronounce Greek family name....

Marina,congrats on your upcoming 20th next year. It's true what Cheryl said, not too many people make it that far these days, I guess. People can't believe we've been married that long! Went by fast for me!

Cheryl, when I first saw your picture, I thought you were about 28-35!! I guess with a 25 yr old son, I was wrong!!!!!! :)

P.S. Yes, I got my walk in. UGH... I was soo hot when I got back but, I was happy I pushed myself. Too hot to take the dog with me though. Tomorrow it's supposed to feel 110 with the heat and humidity. YUCK!

What part of Florida are you? My brother is in Tampa

Good for you for walking Pam. I think sweating is a crucial part of weight loss.

I'm from Naples which is about 75 miles south of Tampa. Same side of the state on the Coast. I've lived here for twenty years. I'm originally from Scranton, PA.

Pam, are you taking the pills regularly. Any effects?

Last night was the big shrimp scampi night. I skipped the pill, Mainly because I couldn't find my Alli shuttle in my purse. I had decided to take it since it didn't seem to be that greasy and I was feeling reckless. Could not for the life of me find the pill in my purse. Didn't want to make a big scene since no one knows I'm taking it. And yes I had had several glasses of wine by then:)

Took my first one today with lunch. Seems if I eat a little more fat my stomach feels better.

Can't decide when to stop taking them next week. We'll be at Disney on Friday. Since I've had no problems I was thinking about taking them through Wednesday. Thursday would be the first day without them. What do you all think.

Hope you are having great weekends,

Marina

Marina, I am taking the pills every lunch and dinner. (hardly have any fat for breakfast so, I skip it) How many do you take a day? I'm down a total of 4 this week. Not bad... hope it keeps up! I was thinking of Cheryls weight loss....she is doing soooo good! I think she's lost the 30 lbs in less than a month and a half! I would LOVE to do that!!! I've had no TE's either. I went to lunch with my husband and made some really good choices. No bread and butter and just had some broiled scallops and salad with a baked potato with just a touch of marg. Two big glasses of water. (I even blotted the scallops cuz I knew they were broiled in garlic and light butter, as I asked for) The waiter came back out just to tell me that he did put the light butter request in with the chef for me, which was nice.

I think I would stop a couple of days before the trip too and make sure you really watch your fats the whole week. You've been fine so far so, I bet you'll be fine. Just don't try anything new before you go!:eek:

I hope you have a great time at Disney. My kids start school on Wed! Hard to believe summer is over. (doesn't feel it!) ;)

I agree...no matter what cruise we have been on, we've had an awesome time. My brother in law is the fussy one. I 'go with the flow' and make the best of it. Afterall, we're on vacation!!!! He's a chef so, is a bit fussy with the food. He's was very impressed with NCL last year.

I'm glad that your stomach is feeling ok. Mine is too. I really think that when we have taken our pill, it keeps us on the straight and narrow. Too many times I've had good intentions when I walk into a restaurant and end up falling off course! Then the guilt kicks in. Keep up the good work!

I asked my son what Marina's middle name was and he mentioned a very hard to pronounce Greek family name....

Marina,congrats on your upcoming 20th next year. It's true what Cheryl said, not too many people make it that far these days, I guess. People can't believe we've been married that long! Went by fast for me!

Cheryl, when I first saw your picture, I thought you were about 28-35!! I guess with a 25 yr old son, I was wrong!!!!!! :)

Thank you! I am actually going to be 49 in October! Its a pretty good picture..you don't see too many wrinkles..lol

P.S. Yes, I got my walk in. UGH... I was soo hot when I got back but, I was happy I pushed myself. Too hot to take the dog with me though. Tomorrow it's supposed to feel 110 with the heat and humidity. YUCK!

What part of Florida are you? My brother is in Tampa

There is no way I would walk in this weather..I think I would die of heat stroke..lol

I live in Orlando, about 20 minutes from Disney. We actually went to a Disney Water Park (Typhoon Lagoon) yesterday. We had a nice place in the shade but still got a good amount of sun. We had a blast, but I have problems with my hip and I could barely drive my stick shift this morning. I am getting a cortison shot on Friday before my cruise, thank goodness, or I would be miserable on the cruise as I can barely walk right now.

Marina, I am taking the pills every lunch and dinner. (hardly have any fat for breakfast so, I skip it) How many do you take a day? I'm down a total of 4 this week. Not bad... hope it keeps up! I was thinking of Cheryls weight loss....she is doing soooo good! I think she's lost the 30 lbs in less than a month and a half! I would LOVE to do that!!! I've had no TE's either. I went to lunch with my husband and made some really good choices. No bread and butter and just had some broiled scallops and salad with a baked potato with just a touch of marg. Two big glasses of water. (I even blotted the scallops cuz I knew they were broiled in garlic and light butter, as I asked for) The waiter came back out just to tell me that he did put the light butter request in with the chef for me, which was nice.

I think I would stop a couple of days before the trip too and make sure you really watch your fats the whole week. You've been fine so far so, I bet you'll be fine. Just don't try anything new before you go!:eek:

I hope you have a great time at Disney. My kids start school on Wed! Hard to believe summer is over. (doesn't feel it!) ;)

Most people say they have TA's up to 48 hours after eating, so I would probably stop taking the pill about 2 days before. I think I will stop taking mine on Thursday as we are going to Tampa a day before the cruise to relax and party at Ybor City.

Cheryl, you must be getting soooo excited for your cruise! What islands are you going to?

Believe it or not, I've never been to Disney. I would love to. My husband has NOOOO interest because of the crowds everyone tells him about. When I visit my brother and his family in Tampa, we alway go to Busch Gardens tho! That's lots of fun!

I hope your hip feels better after the shot. I hear the shots work wonders!? Have you had one before??

Cheryl, you must be getting soooo excited for your cruise! What islands are you going to?

Believe it or not, I've never been to Disney. I would love to. My husband has NOOOO interest because of the crowds everyone tells him about. When I visit my brother and his family in Tampa, we alway go to Busch Gardens tho! That's lots of fun!

I hope your hip feels better after the shot. I hear the shots work wonders!? Have you had one before??

I am very excited! I'm not sure where we are going though..we were supposed to go to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize & Costa Maya. Since Belize has had major flooding and Costa Maya is destroyed, due to Hurricane Dean, we think we may be going to Key West, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman & Cozumel. Either way, I'm sure we will have a blast! There are 24 of us in our group and we have been talking to over 60 people on our Roll Call. We are going to have a Meet & Greet on Sunday and were all going to wear Lei's (so we can say we got Lei'd on our cruise..lol)

I practically grew up at Disney and could walk around blind folded..lol..personally, Bush Gardens is my all time favorite park. You get the best of all worlds, animals, roller coasters, shows, etc.!

No..I have never had a cortison shot. I'm a little scared as i've heard they hurt, but it can't be any worse then how I feel now!!!

Yeah, where ever you end up going, you'll have a blast! I love Grand Cayman! One of the prettiest islands, in my opinion.

My husband has had a couple of cortisone shots in the center of his heel where he has a bone spur. He had one right before our last cruise and it worked wonders! He hasn't complained about the pain in his heel since!

The meet and greet sounds fun! ;)

Yeah, where ever you end up going, you'll have a blast! I love Grand Cayman! One of the prettiest islands, in my opinion.

My husband has had a couple of cortisone shots in the center of his heel where he has a bone spur. He had one right before our last cruise and it worked wonders! He hasn't complained about the pain in his heel since!

The meet and greet sounds fun! ;)

I am sooo ready for the shot..I would get it earlier if I could, but the next 2 days at work are going to be hectic (Market Manager Meeting).

Cheryl, Are you going on the Legend? I heard that's a wonderful ship. Ybor City is fun too!

Pam, Disney is so awesome. You've got to get DH to go. One of my brothers doesn't like it either. I told him about a trip in January---it was chilly and actually cold at night. No lines either. You don't get to use the pools but its far preferable than in August with the people and the heat. We're only going this week cause my brother and his girlfriend wanted to come down from PA and meet us. We have annual passes and have been driving him nuts to come meet us. We meant in a cooler month:). Well, when he called I didn't have the heart to say no. DH is already whining about the heat and the lines and the whole--Who goes to Disney on Labor Day. We'll tough it out and look forward to the next trip in October, November or Dcember.

My favorite park is Epcot. My least favorite is Animal Kingdom.

I've got to pack this week.

Cheryl, I didn't realize you were going this week--hope you are feeling better.

Marina

Cheryl, Are you going on the Legend? I heard that's a wonderful ship. Ybor City is fun too!

Pam, Disney is so awesome. You've got to get DH to go. One of my brothers doesn't like it either. I told him about a trip in January---it was chilly and actually cold at night. No lines either. You don't get to use the pools but its far preferable than in August with the people and the heat. We're only going this week cause my brother and his girlfriend wanted to come down from PA and meet us. We have annual passes and have been driving him nuts to come meet us. We meant in a cooler month:). Well, when he called I didn't have the heart to say no. DH is already whining about the heat and the lines and the whole--Who goes to Disney on Labor Day. We'll tough it out and look forward to the next trip in October, November or Dcember.

My favorite park is Epcot. My least favorite is Animal Kingdom.

I've got to pack this week.

Cheryl, I didn't realize you were going this week--hope you are feeling better.

Marina

OH MY GOSH..didn't realize you were going on Labor Day Weekend..yes..its going to be HOT and CROWDED!

I sure hope my hip is better too..I'm sure after the shot, I will be a Happy Camper :-)

yeah, I joke with my DH that "someday, I'll go to Disney with my GRANDCHILDREN!"

Just got home from work. (I'm a hairstylist) and I'm beat....had a lean cuisine. I hate eating this late. I usually am famished and will pick at all kinds of 'junk' while I'm waiting for my dinner to heat. Did good tonight. I brought a yogart and grapes to work for a snack so I wasn't so hungry when I get home.

More back to school haircuts tomorrow! Lots of kids....:rolleyes:

yeah, I joke with my DH that "someday, I'll go to Disney with my GRANDCHILDREN!"

Just got home from work. (I'm a hairstylist) and I'm beat....had a lean cuisine. I hate eating this late. I usually am famished and will pick at all kinds of 'junk' while I'm waiting for my dinner to heat. Did good tonight. I brought a yogart and grapes to work for a snack so I wasn't so hungry when I get home.

More back to school haircuts tomorrow! Lots of kids....:rolleyes:

Thats the way to do it..always keep something with you..even if its pretzels..there is no need to ever be hungry. Also, try and drink as much water as you can a day..not only does it help with the weight loss, but its great for your body!

The scale moved down again this am! Down another 2 lbs since Sunday am! Sweet!

Marina, how are you doing? Seeing some results? I haven't taken the Alli since Sunday at noon. (too worried to be at work with it) But, I may be brave and take one later today. I haven't had any TE's anyway. ??

Archived