Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

The scale moved down again this am! Down another 2 lbs since Sunday am! Sweet!

Marina, how are you doing? Seeing some results? I haven't taken the Alli since Sunday at noon. (too worried to be at work with it) But, I may be brave and take one later today. I haven't had any TE's anyway. ??

That's fantastic!!!!!! It should start flyiing off once you start taking it regularly.

I have to tell you..we are having a Market Manager Conference in my office today and everyone keeps telling me I look 10 years younger! I did get my haircut too, but it sure feels good to get compliments :-)

That's awesome! Feels sooo good to get compliments like that. Makes you want to keep it up! Sometimes I joke that I need to keep my 'fuller' face in case I have any wrinkles hiding! ;) I'm gonna be 42 and no wrinkles or gray hair yet!!! - Being a hairstylist, I can hide that when it does happen! ;)

Start packing yet? Are you a 'list' person like me? Actually, I seem to make list to get my head straight and then I never follow them. lol

That's awesome! Feels sooo good to get compliments like that. Makes you want to keep it up! Sometimes I joke that I need to keep my 'fuller' face in case I have any wrinkles hiding! ;) I'm gonna be 42 and no wrinkles or gray hair yet!!! - Being a hairstylist, I can hide that when it does happen! ;)

Start packing yet? Are you a 'list' person like me? Actually, I seem to make list to get my head straight and then I never follow them. lol

I am soooo a list person! I even shared it with my other cruisers. I told them to "make it their own" by adding or subtrating things..like I won't go any where without my portable fan or lots of BC's! lol

Hmmm...never heard of it. Learn something new everyday. Do you buy it at CVS?

Heading back to my salon to do a bunch more rugrats! ;)

You can get it at any grocery store, convenience sotres, etc. They also have a brand called Goody Powder..its the same thing. Its great for hangovers..lol

I just got my haircut yesterday..it always feels good afterwards. My hair dresser of 25 years retired..booohooo..its hard finding someone you can trust!!! This girl did a good job, even though I had to go back once for her to make a small change. I won a free haircut at Dillards, so its not bad for free, minus the tip of course!!!

Okay, So my weight is up and I'm tired of having stomach pains and gas. I've been pretty good but I don't see how this could work for the long run as it tears me up. I've decide to not take it any more this week. I've got a lot to do and I've got to get ready for my trip. I'll reevaluate next week.

Pam, I'm so happy for you that its working. There's nothing like finding out something works.

My kids started school last week so I'm over the back to school rush. I'm exhausted today because I had a scrapbooking workshop at my house last night and was up very late. Then I had to work today. Now they are asking what's for dinner. Time for a nap I think.

Talk to you soon,

Marina

Ok, I've read 7 pages of this thread and you've all got me motivated to by Alli and give it a try. I'm 5' and well we won't talk about the wt.icon11.gif but I've got a cruise in Feb 08 Western Caribbean so I want to look good, and I also want to be able to really play with my new grandson - I'm only 53 soon to be 54 don't look my age and I want to stay that way!!! Plus with the name I use, I got to thinking I really ought to lose the wt!!! so you'll be hearing from me shortly and I'm glad I found this thread. BTW, those of you cruising soon - have a great time!!!

Welcome Bahama-Momma! I just started Alli a week or so ago. Unfortunately, I'm kind of nervous to take it during the work week because of the side effects that it could cause. Although, I took it for a few days and had NO problems. I've lost about 6.5 lbs so far and feel so much better about myself! You can do it too. And, as you've read, DolphinFan is doing awesome too. You can get some great encouragement from her as well!

Good luck! Now's the time to start so you look awesome for your cruise!

Hey Bahama Mama: Cruisingnana here!

I have been lurking on this thread for a while (I guess you read my posts a few days back.) I just had to reply, because I'm 5' tall, too. Not too many of us shortys around. I'm 58 years old and have 3 grandsons. (two grown children) - son, 30, is married with the 3 boys and I also have a daughter that will turn 27 on Christmas day. She's still single. I started Alli the first week it came out (June l6th to be exact) and I've lost 23 lbs so far. Hope to lose another 15 before our cruise on the Conquest out of Galveston on 11/25/07.

Hope to hear how you are doing with this program. I haven't had any TE, but I watch my fat grams very carefully.

Okay, So my weight is up and I'm tired of having stomach pains and gas. I've been pretty good but I don't see how this could work for the long run as it tears me up. I've decide to not take it any more this week. I've got a lot to do and I've got to get ready for my trip. I'll reevaluate next week.

Pam, I'm so happy for you that its working. There's nothing like finding out something works.

My kids started school last week so I'm over the back to school rush. I'm exhausted today because I had a scrapbooking workshop at my house last night and was up very late. Then I had to work today. Now they are asking what's for dinner. Time for a nap I think.

Talk to you soon,

Marina

I'm so sorry its not working for you. Try taking a break and maybe try again and see how it works. Remember, you really need to eat at least 1200-1500 calories, so maybe you were cutting back too far. I know I feel better when I take the pill AFTER I eat. I wish you all the best. let us know how your doing!

Ok, I've read 7 pages of this thread and you've all got me motivated to by Alli and give it a try. I'm 5' and well we won't talk about the wt.icon11.gif but I've got a cruise in Feb 08 Western Caribbean so I want to look good, and I also want to be able to really play with my new grandson - I'm only 53 soon to be 54 don't look my age and I want to stay that way!!! Plus with the name I use, I got to thinking I really ought to lose the wt!!! so you'll be hearing from me shortly and I'm glad I found this thread. BTW, those of you cruising soon - have a great time!!!

Welcome! This board is for support and you will never hear anything negative! We are all trying to lose weight and get healthy and with each others support, I know we can achieve our goals!!!

If you decide to do the Alli..read through this board and ask any questions you may have. I would recommend staying AWAY from the Alli boards as they tend to be a little scary!

Hey Bahama Mama: Cruisingnana here!

I have been lurking on this thread for a while (I guess you read my posts a few days back.) I just had to reply, because I'm 5' tall, too. Not too many of us shortys around. I'm 58 years old and have 3 grandsons. (two grown children) - son, 30, is married with the 3 boys and I also have a daughter that will turn 27 on Christmas day. She's still single. I started Alli the first week it came out (June l6th to be exact) and I've lost 23 lbs so far. Hope to lose another 15 before our cruise on the Conquest out of Galveston on 11/25/07.

Hope to hear how you are doing with this program. I haven't had any TE, but I watch my fat grams very carefully.

WOWOWOWOWOW..thats a great weight loss!! You have to be so proud of yourself!!!

Cheryl, TWO days and fourteen hours!!!!

I know..I know..I can't hardly stand it! lol I am 98% packed, getting my pedi & mani today, buy a waterproof camera and some more Capt. Morgan and I'm all set to PARTY!

My goal is to try and watch what I eat in moderation and hope that I don't gain more than 5 pounds back. I'm not going to go crazy eating, but I am going to eat things I haven't since taking the pill (steak, bread, pizza). I plan on starting the Alli the minute I get back. I will let you guys know how I did and will try to post some pictures!!

Cheryl, I hope you have a wonderful time....Drink lots of water and only eat what tastes good (sometimes it looks so much better than it tastes) You'll be fine. Have a great trip and wave to me if you see me on I- 4 :). I'm off to the mouse trap or maybe this weekend we'll call it the mousebake.

Everyone else have a great time and will talk to you next week.

Cheryl, I hope you have a wonderful time....Drink lots of water and only eat what tastes good (sometimes it looks so much better than it tastes) You'll be fine. Have a great trip and wave to me if you see me on I- 4 :). I'm off to the mouse trap or maybe this weekend we'll call it the mousebake.

Everyone else have a great time and will talk to you next week.

Thank you! Have a great weekend too! Make sure you drinks lots of water..its going to be a scorcher out there!

Hi Marina! Sorry it was so hot for you but, I hope you had a great time anyway!? It's beautiful here in the Northeast. Sunny and around 80. Perfect weather!! Wish it would stay like this all year!

The message board was quiet without you and Cheryl. :( I hope she's having a good time on her cruise!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! Do you have a cruise planned???

I'm still taking the Alli on a semi-regular basis. I'm down about 8 in two weeks!!! Hope it keeps up. I've had no TE's either. (I just make sure I stay below the 19) I think I average about 10 grams of fat per meal. Are you going to give it another try???

Hi Pam,

It is quiet without Cheryl.

Disney was tons of fun but very hot. We only went because my kid brother invited us too and we have annual passes. We got picked for a show which was fun for the kids. We were on a World War II battleship and we were the crew. My brothers girlfriend was pelted with 1000 gallons of water. She had no idea it was coming. It was supposed to be a wave. I was the captain of the PT boat since I am the bossy one. My brother and son were the Deck hands. We all got wet but not like her:) She was a good sport though. It was her first time to Disney and I must say she had a wonderful time.

About the Alli---it was really nice not having a stomach ache all the time. I don't think I'm going to try it again. I made an appointment at a weight loss center for tomorrow. Several of my friends have lost a lot of weight using their program. I haven't told anyone. I'm so sick of failing at this that I thought I'd give it a go alone for a while. I have a hard time keeping secrets. We'll see.

Too bad I don't know you. I could give you my unused Alli. I think I'm going to dump it.

I'm really glad its working for you though....

I'm going on a cruise on September 30th. I'd like to get into some of my clothes by then.

Talk to you soon,

Marina

Hi Marina. Sounds like Disney was fun and the story about the water on your sister in law is funny. I have a sister in law that I would LOVE to see that happen to!!! ;)

Sorry that the Alli didn't work for you but, you can't go around with an upset stomach all the time! I understand you not wanting to continue with it. Good luck with the new program. Does it happen to be Nutri System? I did that years ago. It worked good for me. I know how you feel about 'failing'. It really stinks. I can lose a lot but, ALWAYS gain it back. I can NEVER keep it off. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing, Ok?

As for your pills, yeah, they are pricey and I'm sure you hate to throw them away. Don't know anyone who could use them? Maybe keep them for a little while and someone will come along. ?? More and more people at my salon are talking about it. Wish I could get them from ya! ;)

Where are you cruising to and on what ship??

Well, have a good night. I'll talk to you soon. Let me know how your appt goes tomorrow! ~Pam

Archived