Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

Lost four lbs total this week which is great for me. They've put me on a stricter diet now and upped my "metabolic accelerators". I've made a huge financial commitment to this so I hope it goes well. Can't say its been painless but you've got to do what you've got to do.

My mother has diabetes and I have a condition,PCOS, which puts me at a higher risk of getting it so I've also got that going on.

Pam, first let me congratulate you on your anniversary. I'm so glad you had a great dinner out. Twenty is a long time isn't it?

I'm envious of your cool New England temperature. I really miss fall in the Northeast. It was 96 here today and frankly I'm tired of it. They have all these gorgeous fall clothes in the stores. Only thing is you can't wear them til January.

Are you anywhere near Mystic? We'll be in Conneticut over Christmas I think. My husband's friends wife was hired as a minister at a church there. I'll find out where. Anyway, DH is devastated at the loss of his buddy moving to CT and is planning on visiting him over the holidays. I'm not sure logistically if we will be able to visit him but we're going to try. Wouldn't it be funny if you were close or went to that church. I'll find out later where exactly it is.

Cheryl, will keep you posted on Disney. How old is your daughter?

Must go make dinner,

Marina

Congrats Marina..thats wonderful news!!!!!!!

I am originally from Worcester, MA and I have to tell you that the only thing I miss up there is the Fall/Winter. I am typically hot-blooded (everyone that stays at my house call it the freezer and brings extra blankets..lol). I am definately in the wrong state for cold weather, but love the beaches too much to move :-)

My daughter is 13 years old. I also have a 25 year old son and a 5 year old grandaughter and 5 month old grandson :-)

I skimmed thru the whole thread and am really leaning towards trying Alli. I had wanted to try it back when it 1st came out a couple months ago, but I think the price is what kept me from trying. Over the years I've spent so much money on "diet" plans, etc. I always lose weight, but I always put it back on again. Need to make permanent changes.

Celebrating my 23rd wedding anniversary this Saturday and then going to Vegas the next week. I think I'll plan on starting Alli when I get back. I had received an info pack about Alli in the mail a couple months ago and there is a lot of good info in there.

I think by knowing that I HAVE to follow a plan- or suffer side effects, it will keep me on plan.

Congrats to those of you who have lost so far and continued success. I'll check back in once I start and then keep you up to date on progress, etc.

Jean

Welcome Jean! Let us know when you start your Alli or feel free to jump into our conversations. We are all friends here and you will not get any negative feedback from us. We are here to support each other in our weight loss, no matter how you choose to do it!

I would love to go to Vegas..one day (if I can ever get away from cruising..lol)

Welcome Jean and Happy Anniversary! Have a great time in Vegas. We went for the first time last June and can't wait to go again!!!

I started on the Alli again tonight at dinner. Didn't go over my fat grams. Hopefully I won't have problems with 'D' again! I've lost a little this week on my own. Maybe .5 lbs. I hope the Alli gives me a boost. It's true, taking it keeps you on track!

Marina, I am more in the northeast corner of Ct. Mystic isn't too far. A little more south. Only about 45 minutes. We go there alot. Actually, we talked about going tomorrow to a great outdoor restaraunt called Abbotts. Yummy lobster rolls by the water with boats etc... My sister lives in R.I. near Mystic. It is actually right in between my sister and I so, we meet there a lot! (did you get my email??)

Good luck with your success. You've done a great job so far! Keep up the good work!!

Lobster rolls..yummy!! I have to say that my favorite all time seafood is Ipswich Clams (little taste of heaven). There is only one place to get them here in Orlando. They are deep fried but soooo worth it! I've decided that when I hit 180, I am going to treat myself!!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I'm on another LBYC board for over 3 years now and everyone is "friends".

Good to see another friendly board on CC. Some can become brutal. :(

I could tell by your posts that everyone here is supportive.

Cheryl- My DH's aunt lives in Worcester. I've never been there, but she's been there a long time and loves it. They DO get quite a bit of snow every now and then. I'm in Wisconsin, so I know all about the cold! This time of year is my favorite. I love the fall temps and colors.

This will be our 3rd trip to Vegas. I'm not really a gambler, but I love the sights and glitz of it all. We're going with 2 other couples this time. One couple has never been there. It'll be fun to see their reaction!

Pam- It took us 10 years to go back after our 1st time to LV. Don't know why... I DO love cruising had haven't been on one since 2006. I'm going thru withdrawls still! I "need" to book one soon. That usually kicks my weight loss in to gear. I get motivated to lose!

Marina- 4 lbs in a week is great! Congrats and keep up the good work! Feels great to see that scale moving in the right direction... doesn't it?!

Well, I'm headed to Wal-mart in a little while and I'm going to take a look at the Alli. Do you need to get the "starter pack" the 1st time, or is that not necessary?

Well thank you again for welcoming me to your group and I look forward to talking with you all and getting to know you more.

Jean

Cheryl- My DH's aunt lives in Worcester. I've never been there, but she's been there a long time and loves it. They DO get quite a bit of snow every now and then. I'm in Wisconsin, so I know all about the cold! This time of year is my favorite. I love the fall temps and colors.

This will be our 3rd trip to Vegas. I'm not really a gambler, but I love the sights and glitz of it all. We're going with 2 other couples this time. One couple has never been there. It'll be fun to see their reaction!

Pam- It took us 10 years to go back after our 1st time to LV. Don't know why... I DO love cruising had haven't been on one since 2006. I'm going thru withdrawls still! I "need" to book one soon. That usually kicks my weight loss in to gear. I get motivated to lose!

Marina- 4 lbs in a week is great! Congrats and keep up the good work! Feels great to see that scale moving in the right direction... doesn't it?!

Well, I'm headed to Wal-mart in a little while and I'm going to take a look at the Alli. Do you need to get the "starter pack" the 1st time, or is that not necessary?

Well thank you again for welcoming me to your group and I look forward to talking with you all and getting to know you more.

Jean

I too have an Aunt and cousins in Worcester, last name is Mouradian..wouldn't it be a small world if they knew each other! lol

Jean, did you get to Wal-Mart to check out the Alli? Sorry we didn't respond sooner to your question about the starter pack. I think it would be worth getting it. It has several small books with info. One is a pocket size book you can carry with you with fat and calorie info you can use when you grocery shop or eat out. The other good thing is the 'shuttle'. That's a little carry case for the pills when you travel. (only holds three) In my opinion, I'm glad I bought the starter pack.

How's everyone doing???

Welcome Jean, I bought the starter pack and was glad I did. I liked the shuttle. I hope it works for you. When I was taking it it definitely kept me from eating ruebens, hamburgers, pizza, and chicken wings. All my favorites. That in itself may be the magic of the pill for those of us with no self discipline.

I'm doing well on my new diet. I had my first martini last night. It tasted soooo good. That's all the alcohol I had and it was at around 6:30. Would you believe I woke up with a headache this morning? I'm drinking again tonight. We're going to High School Musical on Ice today and then out to dinner with friends. Tonight its chardonney....Then bye-bye to booze for another whole week. They gave(sold) me some carb blockers to take when I have booze. I told them I'd take any magic pills they had. I wanted it all!

Pam, the new minister friend is in Wolcott.

I love Lobster Rolls. Went on a New England Cruise last year and had one EVERY day. That and Shipyard Ale pumpkin beer was the best part of the trip LOL.

I've never been to Vegas. My DH refuses to go despite everyone trying to get him to go. Says it would be overpriced since we don't gamble and wouldn't get comps. Someday I'll get him to go by hook or by crook.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Talk soon,

Marina

Marina, my brother in law is a lobsterman who goes out of Watch Hill, R.I. We usually get all the lobsters we want!! Yummm! Did you see that the Explorer of the Seas has been pulling into New London, Ct?? The people on the cruise spend their time checking out Mystic Seaport, Aquarium, etc.... pretty cool. It's the biggest ship to ever enter the harbor. Lots of news on tv about it.

You HAVE to go to Las Vegas. I surprised my DH last year for his 50! (yes, he's 9 1/2 yrs older than me! hee hee) I got a great package for 500.00 pp to stay at the Stratosphere for 5 nights, 6 days with air!!!! Not bad. We don't gamble too much either. Saw some cool shows but, the main attraction for my husband was the Hoover Dam. He had always wanted to see that. It was AMAZING! -and didn't cost much at all! Nice day trip!

Not too positive where Wolcott is. I've heard of it....

Got my cruise stuff in the mail today!!!!!!!!! Luggage tags, shore excursion info etc..... !!!!!!!!

Jean

I would definately start with the Starter Pack. That way if you decide its not for you, you are not "out" all that money. After you finish it, you can go to Sam's Club (if you have them where you are) and can purchase 150 pills for $66.00 best deal out there!

Marina, my brother in law is a lobsterman who goes out of Watch Hill, R.I. We usually get all the lobsters we want!! Yummm! Did you see that the Explorer of the Seas has been pulling into New London, Ct?? The people on the cruise spend their time checking out Mystic Seaport, Aquarium, etc.... pretty cool. It's the biggest ship to ever enter the harbor. Lots of news on tv about it.

You HAVE to go to Las Vegas. I surprised my DH last year for his 50! (yes, he's 9 1/2 yrs older than me! hee hee) I got a great package for 500.00 pp to stay at the Stratosphere for 5 nights, 6 days with air!!!! Not bad. We don't gamble too much either. Saw some cool shows but, the main attraction for my husband was the Hoover Dam. He had always wanted to see that. It was AMAZING! -and didn't cost much at all! Nice day trip!

Not too positive where Wolcott is. I've heard of it....

Got my cruise stuff in the mail today!!!!!!!!! Luggage tags, shore excursion info etc..... !!!!!!!!

Pam..where are you goin on your cruise??

We are going on a 10 day to the Southern Carib. We'll hit the islands of Antigua, Barbados, St.Lucia, Tortola and Domincan Republic. We'll have a total of 3 days at sea which will be awesome! Getting excited!!!!

How did everyone 'do' this weekend???? I've been taking my Alli and so far, so good. Sometimes, I only take it at dinner tho.... I think I'm afraid to take too much of it. The scale is still moving down. I'm down about 11 as of this morning.

Jean, how are you feeling on your Alli???

Marina, still doing good?? How's the alcohol part going? ;)

Cheryl, did you book another cruise yet????

We are going on a 10 day to the Southern Carib. We'll hit the islands of Antigua, Barbados, St.Lucia, Tortola and Domincan Republic. We'll have a total of 3 days at sea which will be awesome! Getting excited!!!!

How did everyone 'do' this weekend???? I've been taking my Alli and so far, so good. Sometimes, I only take it at dinner tho.... I think I'm afraid to take too much of it. The scale is still moving down. I'm down about 11 as of this morning.

Jean, how are you feeling on your Alli???

Marina, still doing good?? How's the alcohol part going? ;)

Cheryl, did you book another cruise yet????

Yes..we already are looking into 8/31/08 and trying for the ports we missed this year. Here is the info in case anyone is interested in joing us!

Inside Cabin $527.53 (1-2) $332.53 (3-4)

Oceanview $627.53 (1-2) $362.53 (3-4)

Balcony $727.53 (1-2) $382.53 (3-4)

Plus, $100 credit per cabin

Champagne & Chocolates per cabin

Coupon for Free Photois year.

Hi Everyone,

Down another pound today---hooray!!!

Alcohol has been going down my throat since Friday---so far so good...

Went to high School MusicaL on ice on Saturday and then out to dinner. First time I've eaten out in two weeks. We had a good time.

Pam, what ship are you going on? When do you sail?

I'm leaving the house on Sept28th for two nights in Fort LAuderdale. Then we're going to fly to San Juan on the 30th. Ship sails on the 30th. We're going to Aruba, curaceau, St. Martin, and St. Thomas. Can't wait to see that blue water. Started trying clothes on yesterday. I can't decide what to bring.

Must go for a weigh in this afternoon.

Talk to you later....yes, I got both of your addresses.

Marina

Hi Everyone,

Went to high School MusicaL on ice on Saturday and then out to dinner. First time I've eaten out in two weeks. We had a good time.

I'm leaving the house on Sept28th for two nights in Fort LAuderdale. Then we're going to fly to San Juan on the 30th. Ship sails on the 30th. We're going to Aruba, curaceau, St. Martin, and St. Thomas. Can't wait to see that blue water. Started trying clothes on yesterday. I can't decide what to bring.

Marina

Let me know if you want my contact names for St. Thomas (Pasquale..best tour guide ever..well since Philip in Jamaica anyways) & St. Maarten (Bernard..I plan on retiring there..on the French side of course)!

Hi Everyone,

Marina

Forgot to congratulate you on your weight loss..you are doing amazing!!!!

Hey there Cheryl, Pam, Marina and Jean!

Ok Girls, first off..... My name is Keesha and I live in Las Vegas (woo hoo). I'm 29 and married almost 13 years with one daughter (12) and one son (8). I am a stay at home Mom, but busier than a Full time working woman it seems!

Ok, so I have read this entire board over a matter of a few days and I already was attempting a shot at the Alli prior to ever stumbling upon your postings. I have decided to give it a GO. You all seem like your a fabulous bunch of girls with a heck of a support system.

I picked up the starter set about a week ago from Costco (same price as Sam's Club). I am going to give it a try for the first time after dinner this evening. I would have taken it after lunch, my daughter has a Dr. apt this afternoon and I was to chicken. I am totally motivated and have already steered clear of the things I love most! Coke Cola and Butter! If you knew me, you would know I was serious if I'm willing not to drink a Coke! hahahaha

I am Cruising in a little less than 8 weeks. I have small realistic goals that I hope I can achieve. I am a little over 5'9" 1/2 inches so I can carry extra weight pretty darn well. I still have a real need to get rid of it! lol

I have made some mental notes of Cheryl's examples of what she eats. I guess I will stock up on Lean Cuisines and Weight Watchers. How about "Healthy Choice"? Are those any good?

Any other simple or big advice you girls can share will be VERY appreciated. I already got a weight Journal, I signed up on Spark People (Awesome site by the way) and weighed myself this morning (which I don't do to often) my weight has been the same for a few years give or take a few pounds. I could use loosing about 40 pounds. I have not tried any diet programs, taken any diet pills or really watched what I ate. I eat only when I'm hungry and hope that this is a "Booster" for me to get motivated and move towards a more healthier, thinner lifestyle! :)

Welcome to our group Keesha.

Good luck with the Alli. As we've all stated before don't read the Alli message boards until you are comfortable or you'll be scared to death. Hope it works for you.

Had my weigh in today---down 6.6lbs total in 12 days. 4.4 more til my cruise to meet my pre cruise goal.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Marina

Hey Keesha!! Welcome to our group!!!!! ;) You'll be fine if you really watch your fat grams. I keep mine real low. Had a little problem for some reason after 2 weeks on the Alli. I don't know why. My body getting adjusted, I guess. I am nervous to take them during the work week. I only do when I don't have to work first thing in the am. So far, so good! I'm down about 11.5 in four weeks. Could probably do better if I am on them steady but, I went off of them for a little while. Cheryl is having great luck, as you can read. Keep us posted on your progress or if you have any questions.

Where are you cruising to????? :cool:

Hey there Pam and Marina,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I actually didn't make it home tonight in time to make it after dinner for the first time. I will just start tomorrow morning instead. I did stock up on Healthy Choice meals, fat free yogurt etc. I hope I made some wise choices since I am not to sure what I'm doing. lol. Since I have never bought the Healthy Choice meals, I have NO idea if they are to much on the Fat/Calories. About 9 Grams/450 Calories. Is that going to be OK for a Lunch or Dinner meal?

I am looking forward to sharing and comparing! Have a great night Ladies.

Hi Keesha! IMO, the prepared 'light' frozen meals are good to stock up on so that you always have something you can grab in a pinch. As long as you keep track of the fat and calories, you're fine. Did you register yourself on mialli dot com? If so, they'll come up with a formula for you. (how many grams of fat per meal and calories per day) Just follow that and you're good.

Just another quick note, Dr.Oz was on Oprah yesterday and said that Lean Cuisine meals were very good for your diet. Just try to keep it balanced. Don't forget your fruit and veggies! You can read more about his tips on Oprah dot com.

Good luck today!! Let us know how you do! :)

Hey there Cheryl, Pam, Marina and Jean!

Ok Girls, first off..... My name is Keesha and I live in Las Vegas (woo hoo). I'm 29 and married almost 13 years with one daughter (12) and one son (8). I am a stay at home Mom, but busier than a Full time working woman it seems!

Ok, so I have read this entire board over a matter of a few days and I already was attempting a shot at the Alli prior to ever stumbling upon your postings. I have decided to give it a GO. You all seem like your a fabulous bunch of girls with a heck of a support system.

I picked up the starter set about a week ago from Costco (same price as Sam's Club). I am going to give it a try for the first time after dinner this evening. I would have taken it after lunch, my daughter has a Dr. apt this afternoon and I was to chicken. I am totally motivated and have already steered clear of the things I love most! Coke Cola and Butter! If you knew me, you would know I was serious if I'm willing not to drink a Coke! hahahaha

I am Cruising in a little less than 8 weeks. I have small realistic goals that I hope I can achieve. I am a little over 5'9" 1/2 inches so I can carry extra weight pretty darn well. I still have a real need to get rid of it! lol

I have made some mental notes of Cheryl's examples of what she eats. I guess I will stock up on Lean Cuisines and Weight Watchers. How about "Healthy Choice"? Are those any good?

Any other simple or big advice you girls can share will be VERY appreciated. I already got a weight Journal, I signed up on Spark People (Awesome site by the way) and weighed myself this morning (which I don't do to often) my weight has been the same for a few years give or take a few pounds. I could use loosing about 40 pounds. I have not tried any diet programs, taken any diet pills or really watched what I ate. I eat only when I'm hungry and hope that this is a "Booster" for me to get motivated and move towards a more healthier, thinner lifestyle! :)

Welcome Keesha!!! I'm glad you decided to join us! As far as frozen foods, I usually buys whats on sale that particular week (WW, LQ, HC..all the same as far as I'm concerned..it all comes down to taste & cost).

Have you tried drinking diet coke? I know..I used to be addicted to regular coke, but after a few weeks of trying out the diet coke I could not go back to regular (too sweet). The cokes will definately pack on the calories..if you just drinking them, you would probably see a few pounds a week come off!

As far as tips..just watch what you eat (try to stay at or under your fat goal), drink lots of water, fill out your Sparkspage everyday (you will be suprised at the calories, fat, carbs, etc. your consuming and it will help you to make good choices), I try to take the pill AFTER I eat. I know the package says you can take it an hour before, but I found it made my tummy feel weird. Take a multi-vitamin & fiber pill (there is a chewable tablet..darn if I can remember what it is called and I take it everyday..OAD..Old Age Disease..lol) and I usually take it at bedtime.

Let us know if you have any questions!!

Welcome to our group Keesha.

Good luck with the Alli. As we've all stated before don't read the Alli message boards until you are comfortable or you'll be scared to death. Hope it works for you.

Had my weigh in today---down 6.6lbs total in 12 days. 4.4 more til my cruise to meet my pre cruise goal.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Marina

Marina..I am sooooooooo proud of you!! You must be really sticking to your guns! You are going to look fantastic on your cruise!!!!

Hey Keesha!! Welcome to our group!!!!! ;) You'll be fine if you really watch your fat grams. I keep mine real low. Had a little problem for some reason after 2 weeks on the Alli. I don't know why. My body getting adjusted, I guess. I am nervous to take them during the work week. I only do when I don't have to work first thing in the am. So far, so good! I'm down about 11.5 in four weeks. Could probably do better if I am on them steady but, I went off of them for a little while. Cheryl is having great luck, as you can read. Keep us posted on your progress or if you have any questions.

Where are you cruising to????? :cool:

Pam,

We are taking a Cruise with about 25 family members to the Mexican Riviera with Princess this Thanksgiving. Cabo, PV and Mazatlan. This is the 3rd Cruise that all the same people have jumped "On Board" together. Its always lots of fun. My parents, my inlaws, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Looking forward to it.

Welcome Keesha!!! I'm glad you decided to join us! As far as frozen foods, I usually buys whats on sale that particular week (WW, LQ, HC..all the same as far as I'm concerned..it all comes down to taste & cost).

Have you tried drinking diet coke? I know..I used to be addicted to regular coke, but after a few weeks of trying out the diet coke I could not go back to regular (too sweet). The cokes will definately pack on the calories..if you just drinking them, you would probably see a few pounds a week come off!

As far as tips..just watch what you eat (try to stay at or under your fat goal), drink lots of water, fill out your Sparkspage everyday (you will be suprised at the calories, fat, carbs, etc. your consuming and it will help you to make good choices), I try to take the pill AFTER I eat. I know the package says you can take it an hour before, but I found it made my tummy feel weird. Take a multi-vitamin & fiber pill (there is a chewable tablet..darn if I can remember what it is called and I take it everyday..OAD..Old Age Disease..lol) and I usually take it at bedtime.

Let us know if you have any questions!!

Cheryl, Thanks for the insight on what's good to buy. For some reason, that had me so worried. I cook many many meals at home. BIG ONES! This will be a change. I plan on taking the pill this morning after Breakfast. I'm used to drinking maybe 1-3 cans of Coke a day. I have stopped before, so I don't think I will struggle to bad. I would rather drink nothing than diet, I know that option is out for me! lol. My problem is, I stopped drinking soda a few days ago and I have the WORST headache you could imagine. I honestly think its from no caffeine. Its horrible. I have had this since yesterday and all through the night. Waking up with it was awful. So, I don't have any desire to want a soda, but VERY tempted to make some coffee (which is only a Sunday breakfast thing for me normally). Calgon, take me away!!!!

I took a good Woman's Multi Vitamin last night. I also have a bottle of Benefiber pills. Are those similar to what you were speaking of? They are not chewable, but simply a horse pill that must be swallowed with a glass of water.

Thanks again for the advice, I'll get back to you girls later on to "Fill" you in on how its going. I'm so excited, I can hardly wait to get the ball rolling! :)

Archived