Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

Cheryl, Thanks for the insight on what's good to buy. For some reason, that had me so worried. I cook many many meals at home. BIG ONES! This will be a change. I plan on taking the pill this morning after Breakfast. I'm used to drinking maybe 1-3 cans of Coke a day. I have stopped before, so I don't think I will struggle to bad. I would rather drink nothing than diet, I know that option is out for me! lol. My problem is, I stopped drinking soda a few days ago and I have the WORST headache you could imagine. I honestly think its from no caffeine. Its horrible. I have had this since yesterday and all through the night. Waking up with it was awful. So, I don't have any desire to want a soda, but VERY tempted to make some coffee (which is only a Sunday breakfast thing for me normally). Calgon, take me away!!!!

I took a good Woman's Multi Vitamin last night. I also have a bottle of Benefiber pills. Are those similar to what you were speaking of? They are not chewable, but simply a horse pill that must be swallowed with a glass of water.

Thanks again for the advice, I'll get back to you girls later on to "Fill" you in on how its going. I'm so excited, I can hardly wait to get the ball rolling! :)

I'll write down the name tonight. As long as your taking a vitamin and fiber pill you should be ok. What happens alot is when you cut down on the amount of fat your eating, you have the opposite problem as TA's..lol..they can be just as frustrating. I try to eat a high fiber ceral for breakfast and the fiber pill at night and that eliminates any problems.

You are definately going through "withdrawals"! I ended up in the hospital for my gall bladder and was hooked up to a pump for 7 days and could not eat or drink anything. At the time, I was drinking 3-4 regular cokes a day. I got the shakes, pounding headaches, etc. and the nurses said it was from the lack of caffeine. It should go away in a day or two, but I definately feel for you!! Here's a small tip:try some iced tea (use sugar free sweetner), not only do you get the caffeine, but it can count as your water intake!!!

Hi guys! I get headaches when I first cut out sugar. Just for the first couple of days.

Keesha, your family cruise sounds fun. We did that several years ago...there was a total of 41 of us! Kind of crazy but, we all had to kind of do our own thing and then meet up at dinner where we all had tables near eachother. It was fun hearing what everyone did during the day. This one will be with my sister and her husband. The four of us get along great!!! NO KIDS this time! hee hee A good friend of mine is watching my guys (they are old enough to 'do their own thing') but, need someone there to make sure they are safe and sound at night. They are 14 and 17 and I'm not ready to leave them home alone. (especially for a 10 night!) My parents will be watching my sister's to younger boys.

Have a good day!

I heard that if the drink has caffeine, it's not to be counted as a water. ??? Have you guys heard that? I learned that at W.W. ??

Dr.Oz said something on Oprah yesterday about a study they did that said you DON'T need to drink all the water!!!! I guess your body gets enough from foods. (40% of a potato is water, 60% of a lean steak is water etc..) Yikes!! Oprah said she's been drinking and peeing for nothing!!! lol I want to look into that more tho... I always thought I did better when I drank all my water.....?????? :confused:

Thanks for the Fiber pill advice. I will take that at night along with the Vitamin. I also have had Hypothyroidism for the last 10 years or so. I have never been good at taking those pills. Shame on me, I know! I would go WEEKS to months without taking a single one. My husband would use a little piece of scotch tape and tape them to the bathroom vanity where I sit to put on makeup. He always wanted to make sure I took them, I would still overlook them! They are a very low dose, but they still are needed. Heck, that is probably where most of my problem is right there! SO, this gives me a chance to get a "fresh" start at everything I have let go. I can start with a clean slate and move from here. It feels really good to finally say I have a plan. I'm the biggest supporter for EVERYONE else to do well and a cheerleader for my kids to do what they are supposed to do, but always left myself in the dust. This time I am working on making "ME" better and still being the cheerleader to others. I feel really good! I ate a good breakfast this morning that consisted of Fat Free Dannon Vanilla Light and Fit yogurt, a small amount of low fat/high fiber Granola cereal on top and (2) slices of Milton's Multi Grain toast with a (small) amount of low fat I can believe its not butter (not sure if the toast and butter are recommended, I probably could have done without the 2nd slice, I only ate half and was full). I am normally NOT a breakfast eater. I typically don't eat until 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Not because I am trying to loose, I just never eat until later and its usually lunch for me. So, that alone is an adjustment.

Since the weather is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S is Vegas, yesterday I started a goal to only ride bikes to take my son to school each day. Normally we drive and the school is about 5 or 6 blocks each way. I rode to take him and pick him up yesterday and so far today, and will do the same from here on until it rains and I can't. My daughter goes to school next door from his and I walk with my Great Dane to pick her up to avoid driving. Just since yesterday, I already feel good. My energy is UP and I feel like I can continue throughout the day at this same pace. The small things are what counts! Motivation is my Key!!!

About the Soda, I totally can do without! I have braces and it is the WORSE for them also! I know I can survive. Sadly, soda is like a drug. An addiction! I carry Crystal lite packets in my purse wherever I go for our kids since they have never been aloud to have soft drinks. I need to practice what I preach and break those out for myself. I have never cared for Tea, maybe its time for me to try again. My problem is I will want to put so much sugar to sweeten and will not be doing myself any favors. lol.

At lunch time I will have one of the Healthy Choice meals I bought. Silly question, since I have never paid attention to the prices of these meals.... I was at Von's last night at they are $4.39 each regular price. They had them on sale for $2 each with a nearby coupon for $1 off 4. That brought them to $1.75 each. I only bought 12 (what I thought I could shove into one of my two freezers). Maybe I should of bought more and cooked up other stuff to make room! $4.39 regular price??? Seems a little high! What is your normal price findings out in FL?

Hi guys! I get headaches when I first cut out sugar. Just for the first couple of days.

Keesha, your family cruise sounds fun. We did that several years ago...there was a total of 41 of us! Kind of crazy but, we all had to kind of do our own thing and then meet up at dinner where we all had tables near eachother. It was fun hearing what everyone did during the day. This one will be with my sister and her husband. The four of us get along great!!! NO KIDS this time! hee hee A good friend of mine is watching my guys (they are old enough to 'do their own thing') but, need someone there to make sure they are safe and sound at night. They are 14 and 17 and I'm not ready to leave them home alone. (especially for a 10 night!) My parents will be watching my sister's to younger boys.

Have a good day!

Hi Pam!

Yes, It is a lot of fun to go with Family. Since everyone is in California, Utah and Oregon and we are here in Vegas, its like a semi-reunion. We don't stay glued to each other at the time. Everyone has their own family with them and they all get their "Quality time" in. Most of them will be doing the Excursions with us. We are horseback riding on the beach, doing the Jungle Zip line, and in Cabo we are renting Wave Runners and Parasailing. Can't wait!! Next month, my Husband and I are flying to San Francisco for the weekend to go see the Raider game (he is a HUGE fan). We can only be there from Friday-Sunday so we have to make the most out of our time. Then just a couple weeks later, we leave for our Vacation. We are going to Disneyland for 4 days, then leaving straight from there to head to San Pedro for our Cruise. We are looking forward to it.

Well, I hate to say it, living here in N.England with the Patriots nearby but, we are also Raiders fans!!!! I went to high school with Billy Romanowski! He dated my best friend in H.School and we all hung out together. He had a book signing at our nearby mall, so I took my 17 year old and Billy actually remembered me after all these years! My son was like "wow mom! You really do know Romo!" :) It was pretty cool. Unfortunately, he earned himself a bad rep but, he was still good old Billy to me. Who will the Raiders be playing when you go?? Will it be the 49r's??

Pam,

They will be playing Kansas City Chiefs. It will be the 9/21 game. Growing up in Southern California, my husband is lifelong loyal fans to the teams. Lakers, Dodgers, Raiders, USC. He is a really BIG sports buff!

I like to watch with him if I'm not doing anything else. I enjoy Basketball more than anything though. Football is OK, to long to keep my attention! lol.

The last time we were in San Francisco was last September on a Cruise (one day in port). It was my first and only time being there. I said I would love to go back and have a little more time to do the tourist things. I would love to have a wonderful Lobster dinner (hold the butter. hahaha) on the water at Fisherman's Wharf. We'll see if time allows it. We are going to take the Alcatraz tour while there. It should be fun. I almost forgot how expensive San Francisco was until I booked the hotel room. YIKES!

I am having a confusing time navigating around the myalli site. I registered and all, where do I input what I ate and such? Should I only use ONE of the sites to track my eating VS input it to multiples? It has only been a couple of hours since I took my very first pill and I feel really good. No queasy stomach. Just the lingering headache from the lack of caffeine I guess. I have a little bit of hand jitters going on too. Hard to keep steady control of my computer mouse. That was happening since yesterday though. It has nothing to do with the pill. I guess it would be blamed along for the caffeine thing. I'm sure it will pass. I wont even miss the soda. I am SO very proud of myself for taking that positive step in itself.

I heard that if the drink has caffeine, it's not to be counted as a water. ??? Have you guys heard that? I learned that at W.W. ??

Dr.Oz said something on Oprah yesterday about a study they did that said you DON'T need to drink all the water!!!! I guess your body gets enough from foods. (40% of a potato is water, 60% of a lean steak is water etc..) Yikes!! Oprah said she's been drinking and peeing for nothing!!! lol I want to look into that more tho... I always thought I did better when I drank all my water.....?????? :confused:

According to the dietician on the Alli site..tea (with or without caffeine) is considered ok when adding water to your diet. I have also heard that the old 8 glasses a day is not really necessary (we get it in alot of our foods) but I do believe it makes your skin fresher and keeps you full (extra benefits) and flushes out the kidney's!

Pam,

They will be playing Kansas City Chiefs. It will be the 9/21 game. Growing up in Southern California, my husband is lifelong loyal fans to the teams. Lakers, Dodgers, Raiders, USC. He is a really BIG sports buff!

I like to watch with him if I'm not doing anything else. I enjoy Basketball more than anything though. Football is OK, to long to keep my attention! lol.

The last time we were in San Francisco was last September on a Cruise (one day in port). It was my first and only time being there. I said I would love to go back and have a little more time to do the tourist things. I would love to have a wonderful Lobster dinner (hold the butter. hahaha) on the water at Fisherman's Wharf. We'll see if time allows it. We are going to take the Alcatraz tour while there. It should be fun. I almost forgot how expensive San Francisco was until I booked the hotel room. YIKES!

I am having a confusing time navigating around the myalli site. I registered and all, where do I input what I ate and such? Should I only use ONE of the sites to track my eating VS input it to multiples? It has only been a couple of hours since I took my very first pill and I feel really good. No queasy stomach. Just the lingering headache from the lack of caffeine I guess. I have a little bit of hand jitters going on too. Hard to keep steady control of my computer mouse. That was happening since yesterday though. It has nothing to do with the pill. I guess it would be blamed along for the caffeine thing. I'm sure it will pass. I wont even miss the soda. I am SO very proud of myself for taking that positive step in itself.

I would pick one site to register your food (I prefer sparkspeople dot com). Its easier to navigate. I only use Alli anymore when I weigh in each week. I also do the same on sparkpeople so its really redundent.

Thanks for the Fiber pill advice. I will take that at night along with the Vitamin. I also have had Hypothyroidism for the last 10 years or so. I have never been good at taking those pills. Shame on me, I know! I would go WEEKS to months without taking a single one. My husband would use a little piece of scotch tape and tape them to the bathroom vanity where I sit to put on makeup. He always wanted to make sure I took them, I would still overlook them! They are a very low dose, but they still are needed. Heck, that is probably where most of my problem is right there! SO, this gives me a chance to get a "fresh" start at everything I have let go. I can start with a clean slate and move from here. It feels really good to finally say I have a plan. I'm the biggest supporter for EVERYONE else to do well and a cheerleader for my kids to do what they are supposed to do, but always left myself in the dust. This time I am working on making "ME" better and still being the cheerleader to others. I feel really good! I ate a good breakfast this morning that consisted of Fat Free Dannon Vanilla Light and Fit yogurt, a small amount of low fat/high fiber Granola cereal on top and (2) slices of Milton's Multi Grain toast with a (small) amount of low fat I can believe its not butter (not sure if the toast and butter are recommended, I probably could have done without the 2nd slice, I only ate half and was full). I am normally NOT a breakfast eater. I typically don't eat until 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Not because I am trying to loose, I just never eat until later and its usually lunch for me. So, that alone is an adjustment.

Since the weather is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S is Vegas, yesterday I started a goal to only ride bikes to take my son to school each day. Normally we drive and the school is about 5 or 6 blocks each way. I rode to take him and pick him up yesterday and so far today, and will do the same from here on until it rains and I can't. My daughter goes to school next door from his and I walk with my Great Dane to pick her up to avoid driving. Just since yesterday, I already feel good. My energy is UP and I feel like I can continue throughout the day at this same pace. The small things are what counts! Motivation is my Key!!!

About the Soda, I totally can do without! I have braces and it is the WORSE for them also! I know I can survive. Sadly, soda is like a drug. An addiction! I carry Crystal lite packets in my purse wherever I go for our kids since they have never been aloud to have soft drinks. I need to practice what I preach and break those out for myself. I have never cared for Tea, maybe its time for me to try again. My problem is I will want to put so much sugar to sweeten and will not be doing myself any favors. lol.

At lunch time I will have one of the Healthy Choice meals I bought. Silly question, since I have never paid attention to the prices of these meals.... I was at Von's last night at they are $4.39 each regular price. They had them on sale for $2 each with a nearby coupon for $1 off 4. That brought them to $1.75 each. I only bought 12 (what I thought I could shove into one of my two freezers). Maybe I should of bought more and cooked up other stuff to make room! $4.39 regular price??? Seems a little high! What is your normal price findings out in FL?

$4.39 is waaaaay too much! $1.75 is more reasonable. When I find them Buy One/Get One Free or under $2.00 a piece I stock up my work and home freezer!

I agree with Cheryl. That price seems high. Keep cuttin' those coupons!!!! lol

I also agree with you Cheryl, about the water. I feel so much better when I drink a lot of it. I think you're right about the skin thing too. It DOES make a difference! I was always told about making sure the liquids are decaf! Hmmm...good to know!!! I know caffeine works as a diuretic too.

My scale isn't budginggggggg! I feel like I am doing soooo good too. ??? I get frustrated when it doesn't go down and I have been going without so many yummy things and following all the rules. ARGHHHHH! :confused: Hope it moves soon. Maybe if I went to the bathroom......lol It's been awhile. Weird. Sometimes I feel the Alli isn't working cuz I'm not 'going' more. I am trying to eat more fruits and other fiber too. Hmmm... (sorry to be so graphic)

Cheryl, how are you doing? Is it hard sticking to it when there isn't a cruise in the near future?? I'm afraid after my cruise, I'll throw in the towel and just not do it anymore. Maybe the holidays will motivate me?? I think I'm just frustrated and tired tonight....:(

Hey Girls!

Ok, so today I had a few trial and errors. I entered everything VERY accurate on Spark people. I found that a few things that I ate were not worth the calories at all. For instance, pretzels to snack on. 330 calories for a very small amount of large thin pretzels! That about bumped me over for the day in Calories. I also found that I didn't get enough protein in all I ate. Didn't even hit the low range! On the fat, I only came in at 29 grams for the day VS the 45 allowed. Its a learning experience, it was only day 1. As far as how I felt today. I felt GREAT! Energy came from the increase in excercising I know for sure. My headache eventually went away slowly and didn't come back. I had no stomach problems what so ever. I really felt good today. I pray tomorrow goes as smooth as today did.

I am going to make a point of drinking a little bit of coffee in the morning I think. I will go for some fat free creamer with a little sweet n low since I can't drink black coffee! I still have lots I want to read up on. I felt overly busy today on a clock that kept spinning to fast. I did actually weigh myself first thing yesterday morning. I have a weight watchers scale and I was exactly 2 pounds lighter this evening. What is the norm with the way that works? Not to give silly details, I emptied my bladder, weighed myself partially nude (LOL, what a visual!) and I did the same exact thing tonight when I weighed on my Digital W.W. scale. I think I will wait and only weigh one time a week to not get myself worked up! But, I couldn't help myself tonight. Since Friday, I started the "Diet" of eating less, no soda, lots of bike riding, etc. Since today I started the pills. I don't know, luck of the scale maybe! Today was my day to smile I guess! lol

Anyway's, let me know what you think I can improve on for some high Protein without eating fish. I would like to try to rely on those meals only for lunch. Not dinner if I can help it!

Have a fantastic night everyone! :)

Hey Girls!

Ok, so today I had a few trial and errors. I entered everything VERY accurate on Spark people. I found that a few things that I ate were not worth the calories at all. For instance, pretzels to snack on. 330 calories for a very small amount of large thin pretzels! That about bumped me over for the day in Calories. I also found that I didn't get enough protein in all I ate. Didn't even hit the low range! On the fat, I only came in at 29 grams for the day VS the 45 allowed. Its a learning experience, it was only day 1. As far as how I felt today. I felt GREAT! Energy came from the increase in excercising I know for sure. My headache eventually went away slowly and didn't come back. I had no stomach problems what so ever. I really felt good today. I pray tomorrow goes as smooth as today did.

I am going to make a point of drinking a little bit of coffee in the morning I think. I will go for some fat free creamer with a little sweet n low since I can't drink black coffee! I still have lots I want to read up on. I felt overly busy today on a clock that kept spinning to fast. I did actually weigh myself first thing yesterday morning. I have a weight watchers scale and I was exactly 2 pounds lighter this evening. What is the norm with the way that works? Not to give silly details, I emptied my bladder, weighed myself partially nude (LOL, what a visual!) and I did the same exact thing tonight when I weighed on my Digital W.W. scale. I think I will wait and only weigh one time a week to not get myself worked up! But, I couldn't help myself tonight. Since Friday, I started the "Diet" of eating less, no soda, lots of bike riding, etc. Since today I started the pills. I don't know, luck of the scale maybe! Today was my day to smile I guess! lol

Anyway's, let me know what you think I can improve on for some high Protein without eating fish. I would like to try to rely on those meals only for lunch. Not dinner if I can help it!

Pam, stick with it even if the scale is not moving. Sometimes you retain water---and we all know why. the scale will move eventually!!! We'll get you through the holidays. Have a great time on your cruise but know when you come back its not a free for all. We'll deal with that when we get there.

Cheryl, I forgot what I was going to tell you....well I'm going crazy, tomorrow is my daughter's birthday. We're going out to dinner that night and the dreaded party on Saturday. I hate everything about birthday parties. I guess I'm just a grump! My goal is no cake. Not even a bite.

Keesha, I cook chicken breasts and turkey and keep them in the refrigerator. I can't have any processed food---which is a drag---so I have to always be prepared.

Talk to you all later

Marina

Thanks Marina! Well, the scale moved down a pound this morning so, I am real happy. I have been walking on a very steady basis now and trying to jog a little too. My clothes are definitely losening up so, maybe I'm gaining a little muscle. How are you doing with your diet plan???

Keesha, how's it going? Sticking with the plan? Hope you have no TE's!?

What's up Cheryl?

Cruise question: Have any of you been to the Domincan Republic? (Samana) I went to Santo Domingo 10 years ago and went to a real nice all-inclusive hotel for the day. What is there to do in Samana? Any clue?

I agree with Cheryl. That price seems high. Keep cuttin' those coupons!!!! lol

I also agree with you Cheryl, about the water. I feel so much better when I drink a lot of it. I think you're right about the skin thing too. It DOES make a difference! I was always told about making sure the liquids are decaf! Hmmm...good to know!!! I know caffeine works as a diuretic too.

My scale isn't budginggggggg! I feel like I am doing soooo good too. ??? I get frustrated when it doesn't go down and I have been going without so many yummy things and following all the rules. ARGHHHHH! :confused: Hope it moves soon. Maybe if I went to the bathroom......lol It's been awhile. Weird. Sometimes I feel the Alli isn't working cuz I'm not 'going' more. I am trying to eat more fruits and other fiber too. Hmmm... (sorry to be so graphic)

Cheryl, how are you doing? Is it hard sticking to it when there isn't a cruise in the near future?? I'm afraid after my cruise, I'll throw in the towel and just not do it anymore. Maybe the holidays will motivate me?? I think I'm just frustrated and tired tonight....:(

There are days that I get on the scale and don't see changes. Your body retains water at times and maybe your not drinking enough still. I know if I up my water intake I can usually see a pound or so difference in a day or two. I know when I got back from the cruise I thought I had gained 4 pounds, but after 2 days I was down to 1.8 pounds (rings were very tight and knew I was retaining water as I hardly drank water at all on the cruise..I don't think booze counts..lol).

If you are loosing 2 pounds a week, you are doing fantastic! The closer you get to your goal weight, the harder it will be to lose (or at least thats what I have found). People that have more to lose seem to lose it quicker in the beggining.

I'm maintaining..not being as good as I should be. My birthday is in Oct. and I want to be down another 6-8 pounds and then by Christmas another 6-8. I've set small goals so they can be obtainable. I have cheated a couple times since my cruise but Monday when I get back from Asheville, NC, I will be back on target. Hard to do when your driving 11-12 hours..don't want to have to run to the bathroom..lol

Keep up the good work..your doing OK!!!!!!

Hey Girls!

Try eating a high fiber cereal for breakfast. Not only will it fill you up, but will help "empty" you too..lol..how's that for a visual..lol..

It is all a learning process. I'm a habitual weigher..I weigh myself every day "most often I strip down to my skivvies at work as that is where the WW scale is"". Some people say weigh in once a week. A doctor on Oprah said it was OK to weigh in each day..so its up to you. As long as you don't get discouraged if you don't see a loss each and every day. BTW..you will always weigh 2-3 pounds heavier at night.

Pam, stick with it even if the scale is not moving. Sometimes you retain water---and we all know why. the scale will move eventually!!! We'll get you through the holidays. Have a great time on your cruise but know when you come back its not a free for all. We'll deal with that when we get there.

Cheryl, I forgot what I was going to tell you....well I'm going crazy, tomorrow is my daughter's birthday. We're going out to dinner that night and the dreaded party on Saturday. I hate everything about birthday parties. I guess I'm just a grump! My goal is no cake. Not even a bite.

Keesha, I cook chicken breasts and turkey and keep them in the refrigerator. I can't have any processed food---which is a drag---so I have to always be prepared.

Talk to you all later

Marina

You can have a bite..just don't eat the whole thing..lol..trim off as much frosting as you can. Trust me..after you eat a bite or two, you will be satisfied (and you will be proud of yourself!).

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for all the encouragement and support you have offered me. I appreciate all the advice you girls have offered me.

Things have been going really well. I have had NO issues what-so-ever. I almost am starting to think "Am I taking the same pill as some people who have spoke of side effects?" No stomach aches, bubbling, grumbling, not even gas :confused: I am still watching everything really close and have stuck with it without cheating. I almost thought I was going to bend when we went through the drive through for Taco-Tuesday at Del Taco for my husband and the kids. (lol, they love Taco-Tuesdays) but I didn't. I patiently waited till I got home for my gourmet meal consisting of Healthy Choice. hahaha. I can't complain, I feel better with more energy than I have in quite a while. That alone is worth it. I really like Spark people too. Its a great help. The only thing still is that I can't seem to get enough grams of fat each day. Again, yesterday only came in at 29 grams and I ate differently the whole day then the day prior. I keep staying at around 1200 calories, just can't get the fat figured out. Maybe an extra spoon of butter on something? hahaha. From what I have understood, you should not cut short on fat because your body needs it. Right?

I have been wanting to weigh myself more like you Cheryl, I just can't help but obsess about how many ounces more are not showing up! I guess from what I read about your scale in the office, I shouldn't be ashamed! Good to know about weighing at night. I will avoid that time.

Marina, Happy Birthday to your daughter. I hope her day is special.

Pam, Thanks for the encouragement also. Where at your at total loss since you started?

How about you to Cheryl and Marina, how much have you both lost to date?

Have a great day girls. I will keep you posted! :)

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for all the encouragement and support you have offered me. I appreciate all the advice you girls have offered me.

Things have been going really well. I have had NO issues what-so-ever. I almost am starting to think "Am I taking the same pill as some people who have spoke of side effects?" No stomach aches, bubbling, grumbling, not even gas :confused: I am still watching everything really close and have stuck with it without cheating. I almost thought I was going to bend when we went through the drive through for Taco-Tuesday at Del Taco for my husband and the kids. (lol, they love Taco-Tuesdays) but I didn't. I patiently waited till I got home for my gourmet meal consisting of Healthy Choice. hahaha. I can't complain, I feel better with more energy than I have in quite a while. That alone is worth it. I really like Spark people too. Its a great help. The only thing still is that I can't seem to get enough grams of fat each day. Again, yesterday only came in at 29 grams and I ate differently the whole day then the day prior. I keep staying at around 1200 calories, just can't get the fat figured out. Maybe an extra spoon of butter on something? hahaha. From what I have understood, you should not cut short on fat because your body needs it. Right?

I have been wanting to weigh myself more like you Cheryl, I just can't help but obsess about how many ounces more are not showing up! I guess from what I read about your scale in the office, I shouldn't be ashamed! Good to know about weighing at night. I will avoid that time.

Marina, Happy Birthday to your daughter. I hope her day is special.

Pam, Thanks for the encouragement also. Where at your at total loss since you started?

How about you to Cheryl and Marina, how much have you both lost to date?

Have a great day girls. I will keep you posted!

Cheryl, I was VERY wrong when I said that Dr.Oz mentioned that water doesn't have the benefits to weight loss that was originally believed. He was talking about the affects on skin!! He used twins and tested their skin and found that it was no better after drinking water. (One girl drank no water and one drank over a liter every day for a period of time.) There is more info on this on oprah dot com.

Just thought I'd correct myself. Sorry!

Hi Keesha! Well, I thought I was down 12 lbs (in 4 1/2 weeks) but, as of this am, it is only 11 again. UGH.... might be retaining a bit. Who knows. I am not gonna freak about it cuz I know I am doing everything right and not cheating. It will come off eventually.

Keep up the good work. I know, it's hard to get all the fats in. A lot of people are complaining about that. I don't keep track like I should.

Have a great day. Today is my day off (and my husband's). We are carpet and hardwood shopping! Yippee! ;)

Archived