Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

Hi Keesha! Well, I thought I was down 12 lbs (in 4 1/2 weeks) but, as of this am, it is only 11 again. UGH.... might be retaining a bit. Who knows. I am not gonna freak about it cuz I know I am doing everything right and not cheating. It will come off eventually.

Keep up the good work. I know, it's hard to get all the fats in. A lot of people are complaining about that. I don't keep track like I should.

Have a great day. Today is my day off (and my husband's). We are carpet and hardwood shopping! Yippee! ;)

Good Morning Pam!

11 pounds in 4 1/2 weeks is awesome! That is a great first month. I would love to achieve that success. Are you still taking your pills, or are you getting this success without any help? I am really trying to keep a crucial eye on entering everything for total accuracy. I haven't moved on the scale. I know I will though. I have done everything right. I made it (1) entire week bike riding my son to school. It might not sound like a big deal to some, but to me its HUGE! I have never made a goal and stuck with it like that. I will continue in the weeks following. It makes me feel a lot more energized for kick starting my day. I eat breakfast before I go and I feel good. I am trying to drink plenty of water. Sometimes, I just assume go with nothing then to drink all that water. Terrible, huh!

Oh well, I will learn.

Good luck looking for your flooring! We have hardwood floors throughout the house and stamped/colored concrete in the bedrooms. Its beautiful!

Literally, maintenance free. A swiffer will be good for your wood floors. Our Great Dane will not walk on the bare floors, We have long runners in the high traffic areas and he stretches his loooonnnggg legs to only walk on those. When we pick up the runners for a good sweep, he wont budge. He stands in protest whinning in one place. He's silly!

Oh, that's funny about your dog. I have a yellow lab that loves to go crazy and tear through the house so, we are gonna stick with the tile in the kitchen, hardwood in the family room and dining room and carpet on the stairs and hall upstairs for now. We have a little balcony area where we'll do the hardwoods upstairs too. Gotta have carpet in the bedrooms in N.England!!! brrrrr...

My husband and I would like to retire in the Vegas area! (6 months there and 6 months in Maine!) We are planning another trip to Vegas next July when my oldest graduates. Too hot in the beginning of July?? We have it soooo hot and humid here in the summer that, I don't think the dry heat would bother us! When we were there last June 1st, it was extra hot -115 degrees and it didn't bother us at all. We stayed at the Stratosphere but, are thinking of the Flamingo next time. (their pool looks awesome!) Any opinions??

Stick with it, the scale will move soon. I am only taking the pills part time but, I am taking them more and more. (getting braver!) ;) I was only taking them when I didn't have to work but, my stomach has been fine.

The scale didn't move for me this week. I am actually going to try to eat more fats this week. I think maybe I'm cutting down WAY too much.

Marina, have a great trip, in case you are too busy to get on line this week! We'll be thinking about 'cha!!!!!

Keesha, how's it going???

The scale didn't move for me this week. I am actually going to try to eat more fats this week. I think maybe I'm cutting down WAY too much.

Marina, have a great trip, in case you are too busy to get on line this week! We'll be thinking about 'cha!!!!!

Keesha, how's it going???

Hi Pam, nice to hear from you!

I don't know what the heck is going on with me! I am still taking the pills thanks to not having any issues. Yesterday, I experienced my very first time away from home for hours and hours and actually had to eat lunch out for the first time in the whole week. We are not very big fans of eating out, but had to. We have a favorite place here called "Cafe Rio" and I got a steak salad with a lime-cilantro dressing (house dressing) and the salad was loaded with good stuff. I have had it many times before and normally polish off the whole thing! As hungry as I was yesterday, I couldn't finish it. Only maybe 1/2. For the rest of the day, my stomach felt so odd. It felt queasy and my chest was a little heavy. Weird huh? I was smart and didn't take my pill in fear of problems. So, I skipped dinner since my stomach was not feeling its best. I think what the problem was, that all week I have eaten very well and not a lot of fat/calories. Then comes along this salad... It just made me sick!

Anyway's, we live and learn... right?

I am back on track today feel good! We'll see what the week holds ahead. No additional loss though. I can't say that I'm disappointed, I'll take anything.

Marina, have a wonderful trip. I hope you enjoy it!

Anyone heard from Cheryl? Its been a few days since she has been around. I hope she is doing great!

Hi Keesha. Sorry you weren't feeling too good yesterday after that salad. I have trouble with too much salad. I have always had a problem with IBS (irritatable bowel syndrome) and something like a big salad (too much fiber?) would give me a rumbling "tummy" all day. I have a hard time eating out because there aren't too many real low fat choices that don't include a big salad. I try to have grilled chicken.

Scale finally moved down 2 lbs this morning! I'm happy. We'll see if it stays down. I think I'm down about 13 now. How about you? Have you seen a loss yet?

Yeah, I was looking for Cheryl too!?? :confused:

Just went for a walk. Beautiful and cool (70's) around here lately! I love this time of year in N.England!

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for all the encouragement and support you have offered me. I appreciate all the advice you girls have offered me.

Things have been going really well. I have had NO issues what-so-ever. I almost am starting to think "Am I taking the same pill as some people who have spoke of side effects?" No stomach aches, bubbling, grumbling, not even gas :confused: I am still watching everything really close and have stuck with it without cheating. I almost thought I was going to bend when we went through the drive through for Taco-Tuesday at Del Taco for my husband and the kids. (lol, they love Taco-Tuesdays) but I didn't. I patiently waited till I got home for my gourmet meal consisting of Healthy Choice. hahaha. I can't complain, I feel better with more energy than I have in quite a while. That alone is worth it. I really like Spark people too. Its a great help. The only thing still is that I can't seem to get enough grams of fat each day. Again, yesterday only came in at 29 grams and I ate differently the whole day then the day prior. I keep staying at around 1200 calories, just can't get the fat figured out. Maybe an extra spoon of butter on something? hahaha. From what I have understood, you should not cut short on fat because your body needs it. Right?

I have been wanting to weigh myself more like you Cheryl, I just can't help but obsess about how many ounces more are not showing up! I guess from what I read about your scale in the office, I shouldn't be ashamed! Good to know about weighing at night. I will avoid that time.

Marina, Happy Birthday to your daughter. I hope her day is special.

Pam, Thanks for the encouragement also. Where at your at total loss since you started?

How about you to Cheryl and Marina, how much have you both lost to date?

Have a great day girls. I will keep you posted! :)

I've been bad...bad...bad! I flew to NC to pick up a car at my brothers. I did not take the pill the whole weekend because I didn't want to be worried about bathroom breaks driving back to Orlando, or even "stinking" up my brothers house..lol

I have not taken the Alli now for about a week..but WILL (solemn promise) start tomorrow (along with the girls in the office). It makes it easier when everyone else is watching their diet as well. So needless to say, I have not lost anything since getting back from my cruise. Haven't gained either, so I'm counting myself lucky!

Hi Keesha! Well, I thought I was down 12 lbs (in 4 1/2 weeks) but, as of this am, it is only 11 again. UGH.... might be retaining a bit. Who knows. I am not gonna freak about it cuz I know I am doing everything right and not cheating. It will come off eventually.

Keep up the good work. I know, it's hard to get all the fats in. A lot of people are complaining about that. I don't keep track like I should.

Have a great day. Today is my day off (and my husband's). We are carpet and hardwood shopping! Yippee! ;)

I think as long as you can maintain at least 25 for the day, you will be OK (at least when I was going to WW and was counting fat grams, thats what my goal was). As long as your going to the bathroom OK each day, you should be ok. If not, you may need more fat to "grease" the old pipes..lol

Good Morning Pam!

11 pounds in 4 1/2 weeks is awesome! That is a great first month. I would love to achieve that success. Are you still taking your pills, or are you getting this success without any help? I am really trying to keep a crucial eye on entering everything for total accuracy. I haven't moved on the scale. I know I will though. I have done everything right. I made it (1) entire week bike riding my son to school. It might not sound like a big deal to some, but to me its HUGE! I have never made a goal and stuck with it like that. I will continue in the weeks following. It makes me feel a lot more energized for kick starting my day. I eat breakfast before I go and I feel good. I am trying to drink plenty of water. Sometimes, I just assume go with nothing then to drink all that water. Terrible, huh!

Oh well, I will learn.

Good luck looking for your flooring! We have hardwood floors throughout the house and stamped/colored concrete in the bedrooms. Its beautiful!

Literally, maintenance free. A swiffer will be good for your wood floors. Our Great Dane will not walk on the bare floors, We have long runners in the high traffic areas and he stretches his loooonnnggg legs to only walk on those. When we pick up the runners for a good sweep, he wont budge. He stands in protest whinning in one place. He's silly!

How cute! My brother put hardwood floors in his house and his Golden retreaver walks around like she is on her tippy toes!

11 1/2 pounds is terrific!!! Try holding a 10 pound bag of potatoes and you will realize how much..its amazing!!!!

Hi Pam, nice to hear from you!

I don't know what the heck is going on with me! I am still taking the pills thanks to not having any issues. Yesterday, I experienced my very first time away from home for hours and hours and actually had to eat lunch out for the first time in the whole week. We are not very big fans of eating out, but had to. We have a favorite place here called "Cafe Rio" and I got a steak salad with a lime-cilantro dressing (house dressing) and the salad was loaded with good stuff. I have had it many times before and normally polish off the whole thing! As hungry as I was yesterday, I couldn't finish it. Only maybe 1/2. For the rest of the day, my stomach felt so odd. It felt queasy and my chest was a little heavy. Weird huh? I was smart and didn't take my pill in fear of problems. So, I skipped dinner since my stomach was not feeling its best. I think what the problem was, that all week I have eaten very well and not a lot of fat/calories. Then comes along this salad... It just made me sick!

Anyway's, we live and learn... right?

I am back on track today feel good! We'll see what the week holds ahead. No additional loss though. I can't say that I'm disappointed, I'll take anything.

Marina, have a wonderful trip. I hope you enjoy it!

Anyone heard from Cheryl? Its been a few days since she has been around. I hope she is doing great!

I experienced that feeling when I ate Popeyes (all time favorite chicken) for the first time (day before cruise and was treating myself). What was weird is after about 3 bites, I stopped and felt all the grease on the roof of my mouth, tounge, etc. After doing away with fried, greasy foods, its amazing what its like trying it now (I definately don't like the feeling or the taste anymore).

Made a long post this morning and was disconnected by a lightening strike. Lost the post. Too bad.

Went for my weigh in. Despite my very bad weekend I was down another pound and a half bringing the grand total to 8.1 lbs. The skinny dresses still don't fit. I've tried all my clothes on for the cruise. I decided to only take ones I was comfortable in . No use stressing myself out....

Glad you are all doing well.

Wish it were 70 here.

Started packing this morning. I have a scrapbook workshop tonight. Once that's over I think I'll be in the clear for the rest of the week. Besides work, and billing, and packing. My DH 's idea of packing is laying out his reading material, LOL. Truth be told if he packed he'd take way too much stuff. We're spoiled because we don't usually fly. Now that we have to worry about suitcases weighing too much its a drag.

Talk to you later,

Marina

Hi Cheryl! Good luck tomorrow with your new 'start'. You know you can do it!!! You've worked sooo hard to lose the weight before the cruise and you want to look awesome for the holidays!!!! Keep it up!

Marina, congrats on losing another 1 1/2 lbs!!!! Keep up the good work! I pack for my husband too. Everytime we go somewhere and I've packed for him, he always asks "did you pack this..did you remember this....did you pack that?" UGH! I have more time at home and know what he should wear so, I end up doing it. I do sometimes worry that I've forgotten something but, I figure as long as he has clean underwear and a toothbrush, he's all set! ;)

Hi Cheryl! Good luck tomorrow with your new 'start'. You know you can do it!!! You've worked sooo hard to lose the weight before the cruise and you want to look awesome for the holidays!!!! Keep it up!

Marina, congrats on losing another 1 1/2 lbs!!!! Keep up the good work! I pack for my husband too. Everytime we go somewhere and I've packed for him, he always asks "did you pack this..did you remember this....did you pack that?" UGH! I have more time at home and know what he should wear so, I end up doing it. I do sometimes worry that I've forgotten something but, I figure as long as he has clean underwear and a toothbrush, he's all set! ;)

I agree! Got my high fiber cereal sitting right in front of me..lol. My 49 birthday is 10/16 and I would like to lose another 5-7 pounds. If not, I won't stress. I promised my doctor when he saw me in Dec. I would be fown 15 pounds. I figured I should be able to lose 5 pounds a month if I stick to it!

Made a long post this morning and was disconnected by a lightening strike. Lost the post. Too bad.

Went for my weigh in. Despite my very bad weekend I was down another pound and a half bringing the grand total to 8.1 lbs. The skinny dresses still don't fit. I've tried all my clothes on for the cruise. I decided to only take ones I was comfortable in . No use stressing myself out....

Glad you are all doing well.

Wish it were 70 here.

Started packing this morning. I have a scrapbook workshop tonight. Once that's over I think I'll be in the clear for the rest of the week. Besides work, and billing, and packing. My DH 's idea of packing is laying out his reading material, LOL. Truth be told if he packed he'd take way too much stuff. We're spoiled because we don't usually fly. Now that we have to worry about suitcases weighing too much its a drag.

Talk to you later,

Marina

4 days and counting..I need to find another cruise so I can start a new ticker! lol You must be so excited!!!

You can definitely do it Cheryl!!! Hope you have a good day today! The Alli doesn't seem to be bothering me at all anymore so, I'm still taking it everyday. (lunch and dinner) I met another little goal this am! I'm happy. I really would LOVE to lose 10 more by Nov.2nd but, not gonna freak if I don't. 5 more lbs is another mini goal for me. (where I was the last cruise) Starting to buy some smaller pants for the fall! (12's) Can't get into my smaller 12's or 10's yet...) Hopefully by Christmas!?

Have a good day everyone!!! Packed yet Marina?? I'm starting to make my lists!!

Hi Keesha! Still riding the bike every morning?? How's the weather out there in Vegas???

You can definitely do it Cheryl!!! Hope you have a good day today! The Alli doesn't seem to be bothering me at all anymore so, I'm still taking it everyday. (lunch and dinner) I met another little goal this am! I'm happy. I really would LOVE to lose 10 more by Nov.2nd but, not gonna freak if I don't. 5 more lbs is another mini goal for me. (where I was the last cruise) Starting to buy some smaller pants for the fall! (12's) Can't get into my smaller 12's or 10's yet...) Hopefully by Christmas!?

Have a good day everyone!!! Packed yet Marina?? I'm starting to make my lists!!

Hi Keesha! Still riding the bike every morning?? How's the weather out there in Vegas???

Great to hear your taking it more often and no side effects. Its weird how it is so different for each person. My mother (who is a diabetic) talked to her doctor about taking the Alli and he said he did not have a problem with her taking it. He said it brings down colesterol, etc.

Marina..were you able to get the items mailed off yet? My mom wants to start taking them and I told her I would share mine so she could try them out for a few weeks. I told her to hold off buying them until I hear from you. I figured I would share your with her. I'm hoping they work for her..being a diabetic, its so hard for her to lose weight! She has tried everything from WW, Jenny craig (way too expensive).

I'm due to go for a good physical this fall. Gonna lose a few more pounds before I make my appt tho... haven't had my cholesterol checked in ages! Hopefully it won't be high. My mom and dad's are both high and my brother in Florida has been on meds for it for years! -and he's very healthy.

I hope your mom has good luck with it Cheryl. Nice to hear that the dr thinks it's a good idea. Our local news did a segment on it and it was very frustrating 'cuz the dr on it said that "you WILL poop your pants". UGH!!! Soooo not true! I wished I could have called in and told them that wasn't true!!!

Sorry Cheryl, I've been running so hard I didn't have time to mail them. It'll be after my vacation at this point. Sorry for the inconvenience. If I do get this done I will let you know.

My daughter is home sick today and will be home tomorrow too which throws my well organized week into chaos. I've got to get the bills done at the office and the tax stuff to the accountant and my sales tax to the Dept of revenue. I've got to pack. Had to cancel my nail appt. today and reschedule. Got to get house and business ready for our departure.

On a bright note I'm down another two pounds this morning.

Take care and I'll check back in when I need a break

Marina

I'm due to go for a good physical this fall. Gonna lose a few more pounds before I make my appt tho... haven't had my cholesterol checked in ages! Hopefully it won't be high. My mom and dad's are both high and my brother in Florida has been on meds for it for years! -and he's very healthy.

I hope your mom has good luck with it Cheryl. Nice to hear that the dr thinks it's a good idea. Our local news did a segment on it and it was very frustrating 'cuz the dr on it said that "you WILL poop your pants". UGH!!! Soooo not true! I wished I could have called in and told them that wasn't true!!!

I agree..even the Alli site scares the dickens out of you! There are lots of us that have had no problems at all..its a shame.

Sorry Cheryl, I've been running so hard I didn't have time to mail them. It'll be after my vacation at this point. Sorry for the inconvenience. If I do get this done I will let you know.

My daughter is home sick today and will be home tomorrow too which throws my well organized week into chaos. I've got to get the bills done at the office and the tax stuff to the accountant and my sales tax to the Dept of revenue. I've got to pack. Had to cancel my nail appt. today and reschedule. Got to get house and business ready for our departure.

On a bright note I'm down another two pounds this morning.

Take care and I'll check back in when I need a break

Marina

Not a problem at all!! You have your hands full. I hope she gets better before you cruise!!!!!!

Congrats on the 2 pound loss..you are doing fantastic!!!!!

Hit ten pounds this morning. Now its time for my self sabotage to kick in.

I'm so tired. It'll be a miracle if I get everything done by Friday.

Hope you are all well,

Marina

Whoohooo..your doing GREAT!!!!!! 2 days and counting..you will be fine. I'm sure you are excited and if your like me, worried you will forget something. Did I ever share with you my check-off list? If you want a copy, I would be happy to share. You can tweek it to meet your needs, but I found it made me less stressful when I could check-off something and know I wasn't going to forget.

Going nuts---the final countdown is just crazy. The kids are sulking. DH goes into panic mode at work. I'm trying my best to hold it together. The fact that DH doesn't pack drives me nuts too. Can't find his tux shoes. I should "forget: them and see what happens. I'm not that mean.:)

Almost done with packing and laundry. Then off to the grocery store. Then the nail appt. then cook dinner. Maybe I'll finally get to sit after dinner.

And what am I doing---typing on the computer---go figure.

Archived