Whale Watching

mistybaby

Actually we saw both humpback and orca when we toured with Harv and Marv out of Juneau----nice company --great individual service--and only 6 to a boat

that being said you'd probably get a great tour with most any operator as they all seem to work together----be we likes Harv and Marv enough to book a second watch on our return trip

Paul in TX

Actually we saw both humpback and orca when we toured with Harv and Marv out of Juneau----nice company --great individual service--and only 6 to a boat

I'm waiting for a call back from Harv and Marv to see if we can book them for our trip in September. I've got my fingers crossed that they're available, but with 4 ships in Juneau that day, it could be tough...

Wish me luck!

We have just returned from Alaska...we were on the Celebrity Summit...Everything was great. We booked our whale watching tour in Juneau with the ship and it was good, we had many sightings of whales, but it was soooooo crowded. I know there was 50 or more on board...everytime we got a sighting and was able to get it lined up for a shot, someone would walk in front of us. So we booked another ship tour for whale watching in Icy Strait. On that again, so crowded, but people were alittle more considerate of one another and we were able to get see alot more whales and got some great shots, even on video. But my suggestion with doing both tours, is try to get your private tour with the less people. The whales are definetly there to see, but it is hard to see them due to so many people on board. Good luck with Harv and Marv...we saw their ship while we were out and there might have been 12 people on board if that. They had plenty of room on board to move around to see the many sightings that would occur. Good Luck...

We can't do a private whale watching tour in Juneau since we have our 1.5 year old son with us. In Prince Rupert we can have the grandparents watch him (who will be going helicoptering in Juneau...) and go on a private tour there. Any suggestions for private whale watching tours in Prince Rupert???

Thanks in advance!

We can't do a private whale watching tour in Juneau since we have our 1.5 year old son with us.

Are you sure that's true? I think you CAN do a private tour, but you would just pay more. The way I understand Harv and Marv's policy, small children are only allowed if they are a part of a party of 5 or 6 OR if the group books the boat exclusively. In order for a party of three to book the boat exclusively, they would each have to pay the full fare ($126) - no discounts for children - then pay a $100 surcharge to make it exclusive. That would mean a total cost of $478 for the three of you. I don't think that's a bad price to have the whole boat and crew to yourselves, but the cost is up to you...

I'm waiting for a call back from Harv and Marv to see if we can book them for our trip in September. I've got my fingers crossed that they're available, but with 4 ships in Juneau that day, it could be tough...

Wish me luck!

Do you have Harv and Marv web address? Wondering if we should set this up for our Sept cruise also for Juneau.

orca enterprises has a special rate for kids under 5

http://www.orcaenterprises.com/1-schedule.htm

being a little larger boat, it has a big cabin area with rows of seats, big windows. you could take turns going outside for better viewing.

we had 2 kids on our tour, both younger then 5...no problems at all.

the seats are big enough for your child to be able to lie down and nap.

we went last sept, just humpbacks...but several of them putting on a great show.

Archived