Currency Converter on Ship

ambergj

Hello,

The last cruise that I went on was the Golden Princess which was in the Medit. We are going again, but of course on Celebrity. On the Princess ship they had something like a cash machine where you put dollars in and you can get euros in exchange. Do they have that on Celebrity Millenium?

Also, for tips on board...do they accept USD?

All Celebrity ships use US dollars only as their currency. The ATM machine only gives US dollars. You might be able to convert USD into Euros at the Purser's office, but you get a better exchange if you use a shoreside ATM machine in port. USD is what you use to tip crew members.

So, there is not a machine that you would put dollars into like a vending machine and it will give you Euro's??

Just curious as we are going to have a lot of money that is US from the wedding as we wont have time to get that exchanged in America w/ a good rate before we leave.

Best way to handle that type of cash conversion is to deposit into your bank account after the wedding then take it out in Europe with your ATM card. The converter machines onboard have horrible exchange rates.

ambergj, like I said in my post, no, the ATM on the ship only gives US dollars. And, if I were you, I would never, ever travel anywhere with a large amount of cash. You're asking for trouble. Either you or a family member needs to deposit your wedding money into the bank asap. I don't know of anyone who would travel with wedding cash in their wallet. It's just not safe to do so.

Archived