Sea Pass Picture

Hi. My wife reminded me of a funny story that happened 3 years ago on our first cruise together. I was 23 at the time and it was my very first cruise and my wife had cruised many times as a child and teen with her family so nothing was new to her. However, everything was new and exciting to me therefore I was excited so when it came time for my picture for me sea pass I put on a huge smile for the photo but the person taking my picture was not excited and actually yelled at me and said "to take this serious or they wouldn't let me on the ship". I couldn't believe the reaction at the time and was kind of upset but now looking back, I laugh. Just thought I'd share...

OMG - we were just talking about this....my Drivers license photo, Passport photo and even my Sea Pass photos always turn out looking like I have had about 10 times too much mojito juice in me!! :rolleyes: :D I always quick sneek a look at my Sea Pass photo before the next person inserts their card...I have to see what the normally serious security worker is laughing at!!! :p :D

The person really yelled at you for smiling??? Gee it's a wonder I've EVER made it onboard then, I usally have a grin a mile wide by the time I get to the Seapass picture........next step is onboard!!:D Never had anyone tell me not to smile.........

In our haste to board the Mariner in 2005 DW and I mixed up our cards when we handed them to security to have the photo’s put on. Only when boarding after at the last port did anybody catch the error. Nothing was said at the other ports, but with only a day at sea remaining, they made us correct the photos.

It must be true what they say about married couples, that they begin to look alike.

Shouldn’t really complain about that very minor inconvenience. Before we got passports in the early 90’s we used get hassled a lot at immigration checks. I have a dark complexion, dark hair (used to be dark), and my 5’oclock shadow comes in at noon. My DW was an Army brat with a German birth certificate. We must have looked like members of the Baader-Meinhoff gang or the Red Army Faction. (Sorry for the 70’s reference)

Archived