If you have a ship to airport transfer....

Hollyster2

We have a ship to airport transfer when our cruise ends. Our flight isn't until 10:51 p.m. so what is the best plan? Should we send our luggage ahead using the "easy fly" program and then take the transfer we have already paid for to the airport and get a rental car there? Should we take the rental car shuttle to the airport and eat the losses from our non refundable transfers? :confused: Help! Please?????

I think a lot will depend on if all in your group gets easy fly. Many people flying Delta on the 6/9 Pride of America cruise did not get approved for Easy Fly so we were stuck dealing with our luggage. If you get approved, I would say it does not matter which you take to the airport. I think I would probably use the rental shuttle as it is likely quicker. It will drop you off right at the rental counter. The other drops you off at the airline check-in. If you don't get approved for easy fly, then you have to deal with all of your luggage, which I would think would be easier with the transfer because they just load it on the bus for you and then you can get it to the rental counter and keep it in the rental car until you check into the airport for your flight. Just my thoughts.

William

I had United flight left at 10pm and I was able to use EZfly. I had the transfer to the airport and also had a Thrifty car reserved. I called the airport Thrifty location to confirm they pick up from the pier but I decided to use the transfer then hop on the shuttle at the airport to the rental car agency. We had trouble finding how to hop on the shuttle from the airport - no signs for Thrifty. We finally hailed a shuttle that took us to their location & met up with acquaintances that used the Thrifty shuttle direct from the pier so it looks like either way will get you there but it could save you time by just taking the thrifty shuttle. But you better ask when boarding if they take you the airport location or downtown as it makes a difference.

Archived