Pride of Aloha Review--6/17-24/07

junebug8

Let me start out by saying that this cruise was fantastic!!! The crew was great, the ship is beautiful, and we had a wonderful time....on to the review..

There were a total of 5 of us..DH, and 3 DS's (ages 18, 14, and 11). 'm hoping this won't be too long...

Pre-Cruise--

Thursday--we left Thursday afternoon from Phoenix flying ATA on a direct flight to Honalulu. Arrived about 7:30 Hawaii time--it was raining out. After collecting our car (we rented from Thrifty on each island), we set out for our hotel. I had booked 3 nights at Celebrity Resort. I chose this hotel because it had a kitchen, and enough beds for 5 of us (2 queens and a pull-out sofa. It was a bit difficult to find (with it being dark, rainy, etc) but we finally did. After checking in, we headed out and had dinner. It was 9:30 Hawaii time, 12:30 am Phx time. We ate at a small steak restaurant-can't remember the name.

Friday--I had booked a shark excursion with North Shore Shark Adventures so we were up and out the door by 6:30--check-in was 7:30 on north shore. DS's and DH went on this and they said it was fantastic! Saw lots of sharks up close. After that we drove all around the North Shore--stopped at quite a few beaches. My favorite was Waimae Bay (sp?). It is beautiful--hard to believe it changes so much in the winter. Stopped for shrimp at one of the local shrimp trucks on the north shore along with fresh pineapple...so yummy! After getting back to the hotel, DS's and I went to Waikiki Beach. A turtle swam right by me. For dinner we went to Tony Roma's. Good meal, great waiter. Afterwards we walked around.

Saturday--we headed off to Waikiki. Youngest DS took a surf lesson ($35 for 1 hour). We hadn't prebooked this; there was a small stand on the beach. He was able to get up right away. Afterwards you can buy some photos that they take during the lesson that they put on a CD. After hanging out the beach, we walked over to a small area that is called ?? Wharf (?) where we had lunch. It was decorated all in coke products. Great burgers and shakes. Ran into a couple that went on the shark adventure with the boys and talked to them for a while. DH and I were renewing out vows at 6pm that night on Magic Island so we got ready for that. I went and had my hair done and bought 2 lei's. The ceremony was so nice. Afterwards, we went and had lunch at Tanaka of Toyoko (thanks Brownies!). Awesome, super meal and show put on by Nick. The boys couldn't stop talking about it.

Sunday--went to Pearl Harbor. We got there about 9:30 and waited about 2 hours for our tour. We went to the Bowfin while waiting. I can't even describe how beautiful and sad Pearl Harbor is. I'm so glad we went and showed the boys this piece of American history.

OK, part 2 coming up...the cruise itself...

Archived