Past Mediterranean cruiser's who have used one of the private Limo's

in Florence/Pisa, Rome, Naples/Capri. any recommendations? what company have you used?

FYI: I did check on the Med board, I also used the search function, but I am looking for as much input as possible.

Thanks, in advance

in Florence/Pisa, Rome, Naples/Capri. any recommendations? what company have you used?

FYI: I did check on the Med board, I also used the search function, but I am looking for as much input as possible.

Thanks, in advance

We used Bob's Limousines in Rome - http://www.romelimousines.com/

We had them pick us up at the airport and take us to our hotel in Rome. The next morning they picked us up at hotel to take us to the ship. At the end of the cruise they took us back to Rome where we stayed for a few days. At the end of the trip they took us from our hotel to the airport. They were always on time and waiting for us wherever we were. I thought their prices were a little higher than some of the other limo operators in Rome but several people on these boards recommended them.

We used Marcello Maresca from www.seesorrento.com for Naples/Amalfi Coast. If you're looking for someone to show you the "off the beaten track" Amalfi coast, Marcello does an excellent job.

For Rome, we had Maurizio from www.romecabs.com. He did an excellent job of maximizing out time in Rome.

Have a great cruise!!

Frederick

The ship docked in Naples at 7 a.m. and we met our tour mates on the dock at 8 a.m. for a private tour for 8 people to the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii. However, due to an accident in Naples, our driver (Benvenuto limos) was stuck in a traffic jam and arrived almost an hour late for our scheduled pick-up. Due to our late departure from the port, we had to reduce our time in Pompeii and skip Sorrento altogether. (We did understand the problem, however, as it was obvious as we were headed southbound that traffic was stopped on the northbound side for miles and miles!)

Our driver (Giovanni) informed us that there was a strike at Pompeii that morning so our plans to visit Pompeii needed to be altered to visit in the afternoon. So, instead we headed south out of Naples past the volcanic Mount Vesuvius to the Amalfi coast for an unbelievably beautiful coastal drive with stops along the way.

I appreciated the fact that adjustments were made to our schedule to satisfy our needs as best as possible with the time permitted; however, one item of interest is that ALL other Cruise Critic's private parties going off in Amalfi had their drivers waiting for them. So how did our lone driver have this problem? Could he have left later than the others? Come from a different starting point? who knows............

Maybe the other drivers were coming from a diferent direction. Giovanni comes from the Amalfi Coast.This is strange because he is extremely professional.If he wasnt there on time im sure it was things he could not control.:(

we also used Benvenuto tours in Livorno for a Pisa, San Gimignano then on to the Chianti region - to Casa Emma vineyard where we listened to the vineyard’s owner tell us about the winery and hosting a wine tasting for the six of us. We started with the Classico then sampled Riserva wines then finally tasted a new blend. We cleansed our palates between tastings with Italian bread and Gold medal winning extra virgin olive oil which the vineyard also produces. We purchased a bottle of wine and a bottle of olive oil and were off to our next destination – Siena. On the drive back to the ship from Siena, we passed through the tiny village of San Casciano dei Bagni with a little over 2,000 inhabitants, including those living on farms in the outskirts which was the home of our guide - Guido. Guido was WONDERFUL! We could not have asked for a better day in Tuscany. No crowds in Pisa, gorgeous scenery driving to the hill towns, great wine, fun companionship, and historic villages AND we left the driving the Guido!

We also had Giovanni Benvenuto as our driver/guide when we were in Naples. He was very professional and paid close attention to what the traffic was like on the route. I know he comes from the Amalfi Coast and could have been caught in traffic when he was coming to pick up USAVVY2. We had such a wonderful day with him that we have booked with him again in September when we'll be visiting Sorrento on the Royal. Our guide in Rome was

Angelo who was with Benvenuto as well.

We used Sorrento limo for Florence, NAples and Rome several years ago when on Brillianc eof the Seas. Since then, several friends have used them each summer and everyone was very satisfied. They always picked up us at the ship when specified and had us back on time with memorable in betweens including a fantastic meal on the hillsides of Ravello on the Amalfi coast that will remain a longtime favorite memory.

Archived