Freedom of the seas compasses

And this is the CHEFS DINNER menu served on day 6 (East & West)

th_Menu30Junea.jpg

th_Menu30Juneb.jpg

th_Menu30Junec.jpg

Just to add, apologies if any of this info is incorrect at the time of your sailings :eek: :) Please don't rely on the menus being served on the same days as we had them.

As our itinery changed' date=' I didn't think it would be a clear guide, but I'm happy to post as many as I can find here as & when I get a chance

[/quote']

I never even thought about the itinerary change. (duh!) :o

Shopping & general info on San Juan.

Just to add, this was the only port where they checked our passports getting back on board. Can't say for St Thomas as we weren't there, but St Maartenn didn't. Not to say they won't or didn't but not in our case!

th_ShoppingSJd.jpg

th_ShoppingSJc.jpg

th_ShoppingSJb.jpg

th_ShoppingSJa.jpg

When reading the day 5 Compass' , I noticed that it said that you were required to have your proof of citizenship (passport) with you when you leave and return to the ship in St. Martin. Is this true, and did the locals look at your info? We have never seen this requirement previously in St. Martin, and if it is required, that is just one more thing that we have to carry around with us.

We prefer to leave our passport in the safe, and just take a photocopy on-shore with us in the various ports. That way if we miss the ship, we still have a recognizable form for proof of citizenship, but din't run the risk of losing or having our passports stolen.

Any info will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Hypo

When reading the day 5 Compass' , I noticed that it said that you were required to have your proof of citizenship (passport) with you when you leave and return to the ship in St. Martin. Is this true, and did the locals look at your info? We have never seen this requirement previously in St. Martin, and if it is required, that is just one more thing that we have to carry around with us.

We prefer to leave our passport in the safe, and just take a photocopy on-shore with us in the various ports. That way if we miss the ship, we still have a recognizable form for proof of citizenship, but din't run the risk of losing or having our passports stolen.

Any info will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Hypo

The compass said passports/photo id would be necessary at every port.:eek:

When visiting beaches we didn't fancy taking our passports with us either as our waterproof wallet wasn't large enough & we didn't want to be hindered with one of us having to keep guard so we just didn't take them. As for getting back on ship the seapass cards have photos digitally attached so we figured (probably rather arrogantly) we would be ok.

However, no-one checked for them, that goes for Ocho Rios, G Cayman & Cozumel too (we were b2b East & West)

The only place that checked was San Juan (our first port) we took them on this occasion as we only did a spot of shopping there.

Photocopies are a good idea of your though incase you miss the ship - god forbid!

Thanks for posting all these but they appear as only about an inch big...how can I get the frame to a readable size?

Edziu, click on the actual Compass and it will pop up in a new window. Once it opens and resizes, move your cursor near the bottom of the Compass and an icon will appear to enlarge the photo. Click it and voila. :)

Kate, thank you so much for posting.:) Did you have main seating? We are trying to decide on dining for day 3 (San Juan) since the arrival time is so late. Did you arrive earlier than 3pm? I have a group of 31 (which includes newbies and kids) that I have to give helpful tips to.:eek: :D

Kate, thank you so much for posting.:) Did you have main seating? We are trying to decide on dining for day 3 (San Juan) since the arrival time is so late. Did you arrive earlier than 3pm? I have a group of 31 (which includes newbies and kids) that I have to give helpful tips to.:eek: :D

We did have main seating as our son is only 5.

The compass for SJ is the one we should have gone by, in actual fact we arrived the following day 10am - 10pm due to our missing passenger.

I guess it depends on if you take an excursion or not, many people I believe dine in SJuan itself, we just did a spot of shopping in the morning then back onboard for lunch.

HTH! :)

Archived