Early Check In for the Carnival Pride at the RMS Queen Mary

Avril

Hi Everyone,

We just got off our cruise to the Mexican Riviera, and I thought I'd give my 2 cents re the early check in process on the queen mary. Jan 18/09

It was amazing!

We stayed overnight on the Queen Mary. At 9:30 A.M. we headed to the checkin area. We left our bags in our room. To get there, you go to the front desk area, and walk toward the main entrance. The elevators are actually outside the ship on land. Take them to Level 2. There are gates that will be open adjacent to the elevators. You will walk up some stairs, then along a walkway that runs parallel to the ship on land. You will then head down some stairs and re-enter the ship on ground level near the rear end of the Queen Mary. As you walk back in to the ship, turn right and you'll see the check in area.

Be sure to bring all of your ID's & Fun Pass and all that. Here you will receive your Sail & Sign Card.

We checked in and then headed back to our room. Wait till about 11 am and then call down to the Porter. They will send someone to your room to haul your bags and walk you across the parking lot to where you may leave them with Carnival. It is customary to tip both the porter from the Queen Mary and the porter from Carnival about $1 per bag.

At this point, you wait near the dome and little village, across from Parking Garage near the sign for your Zone. (Early Checkin is Zone 1)

They brought our line in around 11:30. We were then brought around the dome, entered near the parking garage, waited in line went through the X-ray and them waited in line to be directed to an escalator.

Before the escalator, they will take your embarkation photo, which you can purchase onboard. Up we went, and waited in another line to board, where they checked our IDs and Sail & Sign Cards.

Then the moment we waited all year for! We proceeded across the gangway, and were on board by 1:00 p.m. In our room by 1:30!!!

Yay!

Oh, and you don't have to stay the night on the Queen Mary, but it was cool and worth it!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

We just got off our cruise to the Mexican Riviera, and I thought I'd give my 2 cents re the early check in process on the queen mary. Jan 18/09

It was amazing!

We stayed overnight on the Queen Mary. At 9:30 A.M. we headed to the checkin area. We left our bags in our room. To get there, you go to the front desk area, and walk toward the main entrance. The elevators are actually outside the ship on land. Take them to Level 2. There are gates that will be open adjacent to the elevators. You will walk up some stairs, then along a walkway that runs parallel to the ship on land. You will then head down some stairs and re-enter the ship on ground level near the rear end of the Queen Mary. As you walk back in to the ship, turn right and you'll see the check in area.

Be sure to bring all of your ID's & Fun Pass and all that. Here you will receive your Sail & Sign Card.

We checked in and then headed back to our room. Wait till about 11 am and then call down to the Porter. They will send someone to your room to haul your bags and walk you across the parking lot to where you may leave them with Carnival. It is customary to tip both the porter from the Queen Mary and the porter from Carnival about $1 per bag.

At this point, you wait near the dome and little village, across from Parking Garage near the sign for your Zone. (Early Checkin is Zone 1)

They brought our line in around 11:30. We were then brought around the dome, entered near the parking garage, waited in line went through the X-ray and them waited in line to be directed to an escalator.

Before the escalator, they will take your embarkation photo, which you can purchase onboard. Up we went, and waited in another line to board, where they checked our IDs and Sail & Sign Cards.

Then the moment we waited all year for! We proceeded across the gangway, and were on board by 1:00 p.m. In our room by 1:30!!!

Yay!

Oh, and you don't have to stay the night on the Queen Mary, but it was cool and worth it!

I would love to hear how the Queen Mary was

I am considering staying there for

my upcoming cruise

Hope to hear more on this

Thanks

Carolina

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So if my plane doesn't land in LGB until 10:15, I won't be getting to the port until around 11 or later. What should I do then? Go straight to the dome? Is there such a thing as early check-in around that time?

Thanks!

So if my plane doesn't land in LGB until 10:15, I won't be getting to the port until around 11 or later. What should I do then? Go straight to the dome? Is there such a thing as early check-in around that time?

Thanks!

No.:(

You're too late for "early"!

You're on regular time anytime after about 10:15 to 10:30AM.

At 11 AM or later, just head right to the dome with everyone else.;)

No.:(

You're too late for "early"!

You're on regular time anytime after about 10:15 to 10:30AM.

At 11 AM or later, just head right to the dome with everyone else.;)

Thanks so much for the info! I guess we won't have anything else to do anyway!!!:)

Thanks so much for the info! I guess we won't have anything else to do anyway!!!:)

We went on this cruise a couple weeks ago. We got to the port around 10:30a. We walked almost right through everything and straight on the ship. We did have to wait in a couple lines, but we waited less than 5 min each time. We were almost constantly moving from place to place. From parking to eating lunch on the lido was about an hour (including the picture stops which drives DH crazy, getting our pic taken for our SNS card was the 4th pic we had taken that morning).

Maybe you'll get lucky too! Good luck!

We went on this cruise a couple weeks ago. We got to the port around 10:30a. We walked almost right through everything and straight on the ship.
I heard about this on the news. Is there is reason you didn't open the door before walking through it? And why did you have to walk through the walls when there was a perfectly good hallway only five feet away?

Archived