Baby Food On Princess. What Brands Do They Have? Is Gerber Available?

sdwilson

We are booked on the Emerald Princess for Jan 15th and we are taking our one year old who will still be needing some baby food.

Anyone ever requested baby food on board? I know that it is available, but what brands? I have to send a fax requesting the amount and type, but should I put specfic brand and specific name of fruit or veggie?

Here is the letter I got in response to my request for baby food!

"I received correspondence requesting baby food. Please be advised that we only supply stage 1 or 2 of the baby food in 2.5oz jars. (Gerber baby food provided) We also provide baby juices, in 8oz size bottles, and boxed baby cereal, in 8oz size box.(medium size box – not individual) All food and juices come in a assortment of varieties.(flavor selections made onboard). Once onboard, you would contact your stateroom steward to bring the baby food to your stateroom. We are unable to guarantee any requests received within 10 days of your sailing date. Please be advised these requests are cruise only. We do not provide these items for Cruisetour Packages. (land /cruise packages) We do have regular children menus and whole milk onboard.

**Please be advised that we DO NOT, provide the following: formula (of any kind), bottled water (regular bottled water avail. onboard for purchase or, you can bring own supply), baby wipes, baby care products, baby bottles, Stage 3 baby food, specific brand names of baby food; i.e. Tender Harvest, Beech Nut, Heinz, Graduates, Organic products, finger foods, Cheerios, baby yogurt, and/or baby snacks. You are more then welcome to bring your own foods onboard if, your child requires a certain type. We can provide lactose-free and soymilk upon request. Please be advised we do not provide flavor versions of these milks. We only provide the regular type product. I apologize for any inconvenience. *Diapers available in S, M, L only. (based on availability, for emergency purchase only) The price is $16.95 for a package of 12 diapers. I strongly suggest you bring your own.

In order for me to process your order, I will need the following information:

Baby food stage: 1 or 2 (which is needed) _____ (mark with a 1 or 2)

How many jars of the following will child need for entire sailing?

Dinners (meats):______ Vegetable: _______ Fruits: ________

Bottles of juices: ________ Baby cereal (8oz box, not individual size, dry weight) _______

*Please DO NOT send this information back to me UNTIL 10 TO 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE SAILING (cannot process request w/o this info.)

Please fax this to me at: (661) 284-4770 or by email to: adoyle@princesscruises.com

Sincerely,

Amanda Doyle – Onboard Services Dietary"

We sail July 21 and am looking forward to seeing how this works first hand!

Thank You Jennb,

Maybe once you sail you cn let me know what veggies and fruits and meats are provided. It makes me nervous that they do not give you the option of requests specific fruits, veggies and meats, b/c what if your baby doesn't eat that particular one?

Oh well, some is better than none. I will request it, but I will pack his favorites too! That way I know he'll have something that he likes to eat. Hopefully, by then he'll be on whole milk too!

How old is your baby? ours will be 14 months then.

They have the typical "flavors". We cruised with our 12 month old. They had fruit juices in 4oz bottles...great for your bag when you go off the ship or order for breakfast room service. I remember them having peas squash, apple sauce, mac n cheese, green beans, etc. the common ones. We ate in the dining room each night and she ate a baked potato and baked chic for dinner. She had oatmeal for breakfast in the dining room or at the buffet, plenty of fruit. Best of luck, they will be very helpful and accomodate your needs. Good time to eat table food. The highchairs are pretty decent and always clean. If you have traditional dining the highchair was there waiting at our table for us each night.

Mine will be 14 months by then as well. I was hoping she'd be further along with "regular" table food by now - but she's resistant (lazy?!!) She does like whole milk, though!

My babies' first cruise at 13 months, I had ordered all the baby food from Princess, then never ended up using even one jar. We had yogurt, fruit and cereal in the morning; and there was always food they would eat at lunch and dinner. We didn't even use the kids menu. One of my twins LOVED salmon and the other ate the fettuccini parmesean - both are available every night if nothing else appeals to them. It's a great opportunity to try new foods.

Best,

Mia

I have no idea what my now eight month old will be eating when he is 14 months, so I guess I need to quit stressing about what kind of baby food will be available.

You are right, he may not need much...I just can't imagine him not eating it then though, b/c he just starting eating it at 6 months. When do they stop? It's different for all babies, right? This is my first child, so I have no previous experience to go by. Well I guess this isn't a topic for here..Lol...

Cruising camper

You're right - every baby is different. I'm ordering the food because right now - at 13 months she's not into what I would consider "regular" food. I keep trying and trying. We sail in about 3 weeks.

On the other hand, we sailed with my now 6 year old daughter when she was 14 months and she was eating "regular" food and I didn't have to bother with baby food. (I compare them a lot developmentally - they were both born in May and I remember my 1st daughter's milestones by month) In my youngest's defense - she's about to walk - her older sister didn't walk until 15 months!

Oh well. I'm using the baby food as a safety net - we will definitely use the juices and the cereal at the very least on the cruise.

I hope that our baby will be on some kind of regular food, but who knows... I know right now that he doesn't have enough teeth to chew anything yet!

Everyone keeps asking "Have you feed him any real food yet?" I say No!! I am scared that he will choke on it, b/c it's not like he can chew it up real good with 4 teeth.

Then I some friends, that they have 8 month olds and their still just on formula- no solids yet. My baby has been eating cereal since one month and baby food since 4 months.

Every baby must be very different.

I have no idea what my now eight month old will be eating when he is 14 months, so I guess I need to quit stressing about what kind of baby food will be available.

You are right, he may not need much...I just can't imagine him not eating it then though, b/c he just starting eating it at 6 months. When do they stop? It's different for all babies, right? This is my first child, so I have no previous experience to go by. Well I guess this isn't a topic for here..Lol...

Both my sons and my 2 nieces were eating regular food at 1 year....

Archived