Help me find this picture of Carnval Triumph

carenyllie

Several years ago, my friend emailed me a link to a photo of Carnival Triumph of it sailing on the outskirts of a hurricane. I THINK it was Irene. I THINK it was about 1999-2002. I'm not sure. Anyway, it was a really neat shot because it showed it in the rough seas and you could see how high the waves were. I'd really like to find this photo again. I'm hoping maybe someone knows what I'm talking about and can guide me. Thanks!

I may have been on both of those ships at that time. John Heald says the Triumph photo was taken by a Canadian plane of the coast of Canada when he was the CD on that ship cruises to Canada. I was on the Triumph with John in September 1999 and we had the edges of two hurricanes both going to Nova Scotia and returning back to New York. I was also on the Ecstasy in October of 1996 during another hurricane in the Western Caribbean where the first night and day was spent riding out the storm. I remember perfectly how I couldnt sleep and was up in the Lido grill catching ketchup bottles that were rolling off the tables.

I may have been on both of those ships at that time. John Heald says the Triumph photo was taken by a Canadian plane of the coast of Canada when he was the CD on that ship cruises to Canada. I was on the Triumph with John in September 1999 and we had the edges of two hurricanes both going to Nova Scotia and returning back to New York. I was also on the Ecstasy in October of 1996 during another hurricane in the Western Caribbean where the first night and day was spent riding out the storm. I remember perfectly how I couldnt sleep and was up in the Lido grill catching ketchup bottles that were rolling off the tables.

The pictures you see of Ecstasy are during Hurricane Rita. There were no passengers aboard, just a skeleton crew. The Ecstasy and another Carnival ship were sent out into the gulf to ride the strom out so they would not get wrecked in port. Those pics are taken from the other Carnival ship.

i just want to point out that this photo is not a fake. john henald posted this in his blog a few weeks ago...he was on the ship i think when this was taken and he has this picture framed.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I think it's been well documented here that the pic has been photoshopped. If I'm not mistaken and remember correctly from posters here...the Triumph was no where near Isabel.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I just compared the photo from John's blog to the other picture, side by side, and one thing stands out. John's photo shows the reflection of the window and the photographer that took the picture, and in the other photo, that has been removed. The waves and where they are hitting the ship are otherwise identical. John says it was taken in 2001 coming out of NY enroute to Nova Scotia. He also says the shot was taken by a Canadian Coast plane, not a US plane as is claimed in the other shot. Since he was supposedly on the ship at the time, I would think he knows what he's talking about.

Guys, seriously, I doubt John would make up such a thing about the picture if it was indeed fake. Im going to trust him over the people who think (with good reason) that the photo is a fake.

From his blog:

"We were coming out of New York heading to Nova Scotia and the seas were still very rough after a tropical storm had passed the area the day before. This amazing photo was taken by a Canadian Coast Plane. I remember standing on the bridge with the wonderful Captain Salvatore Rassello and we watched in awe as the ship held firm and ploughed her way effortlessly through the swells. Here is the photo and sorry for the quality but the original is in Dad’s office (shrine to Carnival) back home."

John says it may have been 2001 but I still say it may have been 1999. We left New York as one storm was heading out to sea toward the north atlantic and on our return from Nova Scotia we encountered another storm taking the sam route. I remember being at Peggys Cove talking to our tour guide who had lived on Nova Scotia all of his life and he told me these were the biggest waves he had ever seen, I told him in an hour he would be safe and warm and that we were heading back out into those waves. I remember how they shut down all of the elevators onboard and how my friend and I were standing on the boat deck and we were getting wet. I dont know for sure but I would bet this is that storm from September of 1999

Archived