Had to cancel Amazon Cruise - where is refund?

Tropic

Because of a family matter, we have had to cancel what we had hoped would be a wonderful experience in Brasil. However, it has been almost a month and Oceania has yet to process a credit to our amex account. It always amazes me how quickly the cash poor companies can make a charge to your account, but can take weeks or even months to process a refund. Has anyone else had a similar experience with Oceania. This is really putting a sour taste in my mouth for a cruise line that I was excited about and greatly anticipated experiencing their level of service. Now I'm not so sure about their financial credibility, I've seen this "slow down" of repayment on companies having problems keeping up with their cash flow, and it makes one wonder if this is happening to them as well???? I do have insurance, but that seems silly to call it in at this point It's just the message this kind of service sends out... isn't it.

With AMX you will not have a problem. Just call them up and tell them and they will put the credit on your account and start an inquiry. I have found it is not unusual for it to take 4 to 8 weeks for a credit to appear when a cancellation is made with many Companies. I don't think this is an indicator of any problem. Think positive, I'm sure you'll see your credit soon. It would be a shame to deprive your self of the Oceania experience over this. It is truly the best cruise we've ever had. We will be on the Regatta again in Oct. and can't wait. :D

Tropic, almost every line will tell you 30 to 60 days for a refund..call your agent and have her call Oceania to expedite your refund..that will help..Oceania is making more money, than most cruise lines and has no financial problems..

Jan

Archived