Early Check In VS. Checking In Early Afternoon

guerita219

I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks about this. Early check in...yes you get to check in early but you still have to wait in a line. And yes you get to get on the ship first. But I was thinking...If we checked in later, say around 2PM, there probably won't even be a line, or if a line it'll probably be pretty short. What does everyone else think about this? The reason why I'm thinking about checking in later is we are trying to save money anywhere we can and checking in late would mean we wouldn't have to stay in a hotel the night before, just leave from San Diego around 10 AM and only pay for parking (unless I can get someone to drive us from San Diego then pick us up again!!). Any thoughts will be really helpful to help us decide what to do. Thanks!!!

Dawn

Carnival Pride~~5/14/06~~Honeymoon!

Carnival Pride~~2/24/08~~Family Vacation!!

We live in San Diego (El Cajon) and will be driving down to Long Beach. I have been on the ship before and I know we'll have plenty of time to look around and the food will still be available when we get on. Thats why I like the idea of leaving the same day instead of staying in a hotel.

Dawn

But if you get there early, there is time for those circumstances that could hold you up. Say you had a flat tire, or needed something from the store, etc, you would still have that time. I say get there as early as you can to give you a cushion of time.

The sooner you get on the ship, the sooner you could...

Explore...

Eat...

Lay Out...

Drink...

Etc...

This is SO true!!! Thats why I'm stuck trying to decide. I'm not trying to be cheap it's just that I am taking my 2 youngest kids (F 11, F 18) and I'm finding it hard even now thinking of how I'm going to afford everything when it comes time to pay at the time of the cruise.

Archived