Kids getting out of hand....Med Cruise

HeidiSD

We were on the Med Cruise June 6th....had a wonderful time....only really one bad experience and that was kids running the halls at 11:00pm....not only one night, but several nights. Kind of difficult to get to sleep. Really needed the sleep especially with earlier morning shore tours. Wish Disney would monitor halls...especially in evening.

I have personally expereinced this on other lines. The worse was on the celebrity zenith. Teenagers in the hall and sitting on stairs until 4 AM. Many parents take the attitude that anything goes because they are safe ont he ship.

I agree it's the responsibility of the parents. However, some parents need to be informed of their child's behavior and reminded of this. That would be DCL security. If it's a problem, then call and report it.

I don't know what your cabin selection was, so I can't answer your problem. I do know, that I have slept well over 28 nights without a problem. And if you can't see through the door, how do you know they were kids, making noise? Just assume, and point fingures, that's reaaly Cool! My positive note is, we have never had a problem with young adult's that have disrupted our 5 cruise's. If that's your only complaint, then you had a Great cruise. We just didn't experiance, or let that problem, that you experianced affect OUR cruise's. Quiet please! Metrowon

I think they need to have a venue open for the older kids, so they don't spend all night running the halls and hanging out on the stairs or elevators.
It just hasn't happened, where kids are running the halls all night, over our 28 days of cruising with Disney. Disney security just doesn't put up with that type of behavior. You should stroll, the ship at 1:00 am., if you don't believe my response. I will defend the older kid's, We have cruised with. I have never been asked for a cigerette, or alcohol by the very few youth's up at 3:00 am. I work midnights throughout the year, so my time clock allows me to be up at these hours. Disney Kid's have never dissapointed us. Metrowon

I was on the same June 6th cruise in cabin 6576. I know of only one instance when I heard a kid late a night in the hallways....but I also heard one of the ships crew members (I think a maintenance worker near the elevators) caution the kids to be careful and recommened going to Deck 9 or a theater to see a movie that was playing.

We really enjoyed the whole cruise, shows, excursions, dining, and activities/seminars they had during the whole trip. It definitely was the best vacation I had ever taken.

I was on the 16 June Med cruise and also noticed that there seemed to be more unruly kids than usual. I agree that it is definitely up to parents to teach their children how to behave. I wondered if some of it was due to the fact that on the Med cruise most of the parents were either jet lagged from their flights from the states, or tired after the long shore excursions.

I for one did not hesitate to correct children that I saw misbehaving. Usually the kids would get a guilty look and immediately stop. One night I encountered a group of tweens running down the halls and making a lot of noise (yes you CAN tell when it's kids, because of the voices). I simply explained to them that some parents have younger children who have already gone to bed. This made the kids feel "older" and they immediately started shushing each other.

Archived