Capt. Marvin's vs. Carson's

trosanjohn

Just trying to decide between the two for a City and Stingray/Snorkel excursion. Carson's was marginally cheaper, but Marvin's has more boats and I have heard more about them on this board. Any thoughts or preferences?

I can't compare, never even heard of Carson's, but we were well satisfied with Capt. Marvin's. Very quick response to email messages, professional, helpful staff. We had a great time with them in 2004.

I've never heard of Carson's. We've used Captain Marvin's three times and have been pleased each time. We'll use CM's the next time we're there.

The stingray sandbar is such a wonderful thing. If you plan on going to GC multiple times, I suppose I'd try Carson's. But if you only plan on visiting this time, and don't know when you'll get back...I'd go with Marvin's, or one of the other tour guides that are mentioned here. Carson's may be great...but I've just not heard of them...and I wouldn't use them even if it was a bit cheaper.

Have a great time! :)

Just got back from the Caymans and had an incredible experience with Capt Marvins. Really nice boat and incredible staff - they were the best! I would highly recommend them. Nice strip mall where you meet so can pick up some good keepsakes.

Archived