Teen 12-14 Age Group Questions

Sorry for the confusion. we were on the Liberty of the Seas. I would call RC and ask about the phones for your ship. They are a well kept secret! As I said before, crew members asked me if I worked for RCCL in their main office because they did not know the phones were for rent to passengers. I would never have known about them if not for this website.

We are cruising on Enchantment in Sept with a 13 & 16 yr old & chose late seating. I'm still trying to decide if we should switch to early. I just think it will be a rush for us to get ready by 6 every night & we normally don't eat that early at home. It is kids 1st cruise, so I don't know how much they are going to participate in teen activities.

My boys (both teens) eat with us at late dining and skip dessert and have it later in the Promenade. I feel the same way that 6pm is too early and I'm not hungry yet. They can also grab dinner at Windjammers and then hanng outwith their friends. This way you and your DH can dine!!

We are cruising on Enchantment in Sept with a 13 & 16 yr old & chose late seating. I'm still trying to decide if we should switch to early.

You may not have a choice!:( I called to change our seating about a month ago for a cruise over 6 months out, and they said that the waitlist for early seating was closed. Has anyone had any luck changing to early seating once you are on board?

Does anyone know how old they need to be to check themselves in and out of kids club? On Disney it was 9 with parent's permission.

My son was in the 6-8 group last time we cruised and I'm almost certain that we had the option to choose whether or not he could sign himself out.

You will be disappointed with the teen program after Disney! We did 3 cruises with Disney, and the teen program was terrific. On RCCL, there were several problems--1st, so many things started at 8, and we had late seating. 2nd, there were no ice-breakers by staff. My DS turned 14 the last day of the cruise and is a little bit shy. Every time I would send him upstairs, he would come back and tell me the kids were clustered in groups and he didn't know anyone. No staff ever attempted to draw him in. Also, they tend to rely on things like dances, which require little planning. We learned our lesson: next time, no kids!

Archived