Belize review from 6/16 sailing on Glory

2bboatgal

We just got back from our Glory cruise and I have recovered enough to share our experience. My husband and I were supossed to go golfing at a private resort through Carnival golf. This excursion was the biggest reason we chose this cruise. The night before our excursion, we received a call from the golf pro that the trip was cancelled. We were devastated. We had reserved this 6 months in advance and han't even researched any other possiblities. I guess the resort was full and didn't want any outside people that day. The golf pro was not happy either. Bad buisiness!!!!

We had to quickly decide on something else so we decided to go cave tubing through Carnival. Big mistake! Huge groups of people with no direction. I felt like a cow being herded through a slow moving river. We tried to stay at the back of the pack and not get too many feet in our faces etc... The river was not very high that day, so the water was very shallow. We ended up picking up our tubes and walking most of the time down the river. We were told not to go by the walls of the cave and saw why a little later- a spider bigger than my hand. Later the tour guide said they found a huge snake near the edge a few days before.

We like adventure, but this was not it!!! I'm sure if the water level was higher it might have been a bit more exciting. The tour guide said none of the locals do this activity because they don't want to come face to face with the jungle reptiles.

It was an all day affair and too many people for our liking. The lunch was good. We loved the hot sauce. I hope it was chicken. I don't even want to think about other possibilities. We got back just in time to get on the ship, so we had no time for shopping.

It sounds like we are hard to please, but really we are not. It could have been a OK excursion if the water level was better. If you really want to try it, definately book a smaller tour group instead of the Carnival cow herding tour.LOL We kicked ourselves for not doing a snorkeling or scuba excursion instead.

We just got back from our Glory cruise and I have recovered enough to share our experience. My husband and I were supossed to go golfing at a private resort through Carnival golf. This excursion was the biggest reason we chose this cruise. The night before our excursion, we received a call from the golf pro that the trip was cancelled. We were devastated. We had reserved this 6 months in advance and han't even researched any other possiblities. I guess the resort was full and didn't want any outside people that day. The golf pro was not happy either. Bad buisiness!!!!

We had to quickly decide on something else so we decided to go cave tubing through Carnival. Big mistake! Huge groups of people with no direction. I felt like a cow being herded through a slow moving river. We tried to stay at the back of the pack and not get too many feet in our faces etc... The river was not very high that day, so the water was very shallow. We ended up picking up our tubes and walking most of the time down the river. We were told not to go by the walls of the cave and saw why a little later- a spider bigger than my hand. Later the tour guide said they found a huge snake near the edge a few days before.

We like adventure, but this was not it!!! I'm sure if the water level was higher it might have been a bit more exciting. The tour guide said none of the locals do this activity because they don't want to come face to face with the jungle reptiles.

It was an all day affair and too many people for our liking. The lunch was good. We loved the hot sauce. I hope it was chicken. I don't even want to think about other possibilities. We got back just in time to get on the ship, so we had no time for shopping.

It sounds like we are hard to please, but really we are not. It could have been a OK excursion if the water level was better. If you really want to try it, definately book a smaller tour group instead of the Carnival cow herding tour.LOL We kicked ourselves for not doing a snorkeling or scuba excursion instead.

Hi again Lisa,

We did the Cave tubing also, but with Cave-Tubing.com. There were supposed to be about 70 on the 9:15 tour, but it was only our family that showed up. So they used an entire school bus just for the 5 of us. Talk about personal service. Thanks Melvin & Lionel. The walk wasn't bad. They carried our tubes for us. We didn't have to do anything. Agreed, the water was very low & the butts up was getting old. Our guides pulled us through most of it. We enjoyed ourselves, probably would have been more fun & exciting if there were more people & the water was higher & moving faster. So instead, it was more relaxing to just sit in the tube & float around. We didn't see that spider (thank goodness, don't like spiders) We did see 1 bat though. All in all it was a good excursion.

The food was delicious. My DD's BF did try the hot sauce (he loves spicy), & it was too spicy for him. We sat right next to the Parrot & were having fun talking to him.

Don't worry, it was chicken. :D

Sounds like the smaller companies are really the way to go for cave-tubing. That is a bummer that your golf got cancelled though.

Thanks Ottocal!!! The food was delicious!!!

Lisa

Archived