News About the Pride!!

guerita219

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/Pride_San_Diego_Mexican_Riviera.aspx

According to Carnivals announcement the Pride will not be going to San Diego until March of 09.

Thier site also shows no sail dates for the Spirit past early April 09. (not unusual for this far out)

If the Spirit does move to NOLA I would love to be on that repositioning cruise from San Diego to NOLA via the canal!!! Not often do you get an opperunity for that itin. :D

Funny Carnival should drop only half a shoe like that.

Spirit to NOLA hmmm. On the one hand she would be able to offer a more varied itinerary given her speed advantage, but on the other hand Carnival would be giving up a lot of passanger capacity that they used to enjoy there with the Conquest.

Funny Carnival should drop only half a shoe like that.

Spirit to NOLA hmmm. On the one hand she would be able to offer a more varied itinerary given her speed advantage, but on the other hand Carnival would be giving up a lot of passanger capacity that they used to enjoy there with the Conquest.

Yes...but right now only the Fantasy runs out of there..so anything else is a great change. We are going on the Fantasy for the 2nd time next May because it's a great ship and Itin, but would love another choise out of such a fun home port!!!!:D

Yes...but right now only the Fantasy runs out of there..so anything else is a great change. We are going on the Fantasy for the 2nd time next May because it's a great ship and Itin, but would love another choise out of such a fun home port!!!!:D

*sigh* tell me about it. Two attempts to cruise out of NOLA, one cancelled, one moved to Galvehole. :(

Yes, both Splendor and Royal's Mariner will be taking that route in early 2009, from Florida to California. No details as of yet.

I wonder how many days that trip will be...LOL

Now that is another repo cruise that is quite rare.

I'm still amazed to find out the Splendor is LARGER than a WWII aircraft carrier.

I wonder how many days that trip will be...LOL

Now that is another repo cruise that is quite rare.

I'm still amazed to find out the Splendor is LARGER than a WWII aircraft carrier.

I would think that would be pushing 3 weeks. The Panama Canal repos are usually around 15 days.

Are they all sea days or do they make a few stops?

Oh, no, there's several stops. They usually stop all down the west coast of Mexico, do the canal, sometimes have a stop for anyone who wants to do a tour, and then make stops as they head north towards Mexico the the debarkation port.

Since it wouldn't be going all the way to Florida, maybe it'd only be an 11 or 12 day trip?? :confused:

Oh, no, there's several stops. They usually stop all down the west coast of Mexico, do the canal, sometimes have a stop for anyone who wants to do a tour, and then make stops as they head north towards Mexico the the debarkation port.

Since it wouldn't be going all the way to Florida, maybe it'd only be an 11 or 12 day trip?? :confused:

Well...my brain hurts from all dis learnin today....LOL

But this sounds even more interesting...crossing my fingers that it actually happens!!

It will take about that. I bet they break it up with a couple cruises....

That's what they do with the QM2, so probably. I also would not be surprised if the debarked all the pax and bussed them from the east to west coast.

Going round the horn in a round bottomed, shallow draft, top heavy cruise ship would be more then an E-ticket ride. ;)

I would think that would be pushing 3 weeks. The Panama Canal repos are usually around 15 days.

A high speed ferry just left Mobile on the 14th and went through the canal to LA on it's way to Hawaii. It travelled at speeds averaging 22 to 29 knots ( faster than most cruise ships ) and it took 15 days to reach LA with NO stops other than a one day wait to get their turn through the canal. I guess they were breaking in the new engines because the ship has a cruising speed of near 40 knots. I would think a cruise ship with several stops would be looking at more like 16-18 days to do a canal repo.

That's what they do with the QM2, so probably. I also would not be surprised if the debarked all the pax and bussed them from the east to west coast.

Going round the horn in a round bottomed, shallow draft, top heavy cruise ship would be more then an E-ticket ride. ;)

But I wanted to do a port excursion in Antartica!!!:eek:

Question about Antarctica. Do you wear a tux on an excursion there? All the locals (penquins) seem to dress up everyday. And if you rent your tux, do you take out insurance on it since sliding down ice mounds into the water seems like it might be excessive wear and tear on the suit.

Heck no, the Penguins might take over the ship. Besides, think of all the extra packing.:cool:

Now the Pride repo cruise sounds like an awesome idea. As long as I can get an aft wrap.:D

A high speed ferry just left Mobile on the 14th and went through the canal to LA on it's way to Hawaii. It travelled at speeds averaging 22 to 29 knots ( faster than most cruise ships ) and it took 15 days to reach LA with NO stops other than a one day wait to get their turn through the canal. I guess they were breaking in the new engines because the ship has a cruising speed of near 40 knots. I would think a cruise ship with several stops would be looking at more like 16-18 days to do a canal repo.

The Elation just came thru in 15 days with port stops..........

Now the Pride repo cruise sounds like an awesome idea. As long as I can get an aft wrap.:D

The Pride is repositioning from Long Beach to San Diego. You won't have time to walk the length of your balcony! :eek:

The Pride is repositioning from Long Beach to San Diego. You won't have time to walk the length of your balcony! :eek:

LOL...I bet they can streatch it into a 1 night cruise and charge everyone 250.00 for it.:p

Opps, I meant the Spirit.:D

Cool!! if it happens I see a group cruise happening!

Stick with us Jess....Mere is already looking into it. ;)

And Johna has been alerted to keep us informed if she hears anything before us.:cool:

Cool!! if it happens I see a group cruise happening!

Stick with us Jess....Mere is already looking into it. ;)

And Johna has been alerted to keep us informed if she hears anything before us.:cool:

This would be one of the 2 reasons I would go to that coast. DW wants to do Alaska too, friend of hers just returned and has been filling her head.:cool: :rolleyes:

We did the PARADISE repo from Miami to Long Beach in Sep. 04. Sailing date 9/05, we left 9/06 due to Hurricane Francis hitting Miami on the 5th. Then we skipped Aruba to get ahead of Hurricane Ivan. That made up for the day lost in Miami. Once thru the canal we were supposed to port hop up the Pacific coast. We did stop in Costa Rica but when we got further north we ran into Hurricane Javier near Mexico. Then we went full speed 270 degrees [due west] into the Pacific to avoid our 3rd hurricane. We skipped some stops in Mexico and arrived in Long Beach on Sep 20. Right on Time! While heading west they dogged down all the covers on the porthole rooms. First time I've been on a ship where they boarded up the windows like we do in Fl.:D

The repo was scheduled for 15 days and we got there in 14 after leaving a day late.

Dan

Archived