News About the Pride!!

guerita219

Perhaps the ferry stopped to spin donuts in the Gulf and play a little along the way. :D

Click on Sea Trials 2.

http://hawaiisuperferry.com/the-experience/the-alakai/photos.html

Looks like fun to me:D

I read about that ferry. I wonder how it's working out...

I think I would rather be on a boat for 3 or 4 hours then sitting in the airport LOL!

Looks like fun to me:D

I read about that ferry. I wonder how it's working out...

I think I would rather be on a boat for 3 or 4 hours then sitting in the airport LOL!

You're right about the time for a canal crossing. The ferry made it to Long Beach in 10 days. Stayed over 2 days and will reach Honolulu tommorrow in just 16 days. Sorry for the brain fade. I must be in the early stages of old timers. :D

You're right about the time for a canal crossing. The ferry made it to Long Beach in 10 days. Stayed over 2 days and will reach Honolulu tommorrow in just 16 days. Sorry for the brain fade. I must be in the early stages of old timers. :D

10 days....that's one fast ferry! I'm going to have to follow up on this. Might be interested for our next Hawaii visit:)

Wow...this scared me! I thought this was happening like ...NOW. We are on the Spirit out of San Diego in October and we just sailed the Pride in January. While I loved the Pride, I wanted a taste of a little different decor this time. So glad this isn't an immediate repo. I do love the idea of the Splendor coming to Long Beach. Only an hour away from that port and it would be nice to have a new class ship to sail and still have the Pride only an hour and a half away. I love that Spirit Class! I still want to get on the Elation too!

I can confirm about Splendor taking over Prides routes for April/2009 onward... You can already book that cruise online.

I have just talked to my PVP and she told me that the Pride(out of Long Beach) is going to San Diego to do the Mexican Riviera, then on to Hawaii, then Alaska. Also, the Spirit (out of San Diego) will be going to New Orleans and the Splendor (out of Miami) will be going to Long Beach.

Dawn

Cool!! if it happens I see a group cruise happening!

Stick with us Jess....Mere is already looking into it. ;)

And Johna has been alerted to keep us informed if she hears anything before us.:cool:

Hey Paulie and Mer - maybe Mer would start another thread on this to see if there is a lot of interest - I keep forgetting where this discussion is....although it could just be me.....:o

Booked a Mexican Riviera cruise for October 2009 on the Splendor last night after seeing this thread! Have done the Pride once, will have done the Spirit twice so looking forward to a new (literally) ship. Still need to be looking for the repo cruise for the Spirit. The last thing on the Carnival site is for 2 trips to Hawaii in April 09.The Panama Canal would be an awesome experience.

Archived