Carnival Glory 6/16 Port Review

2bboatgal

I received so much information before our cruise so I wanted to repay the favor with a review of our experience. My husband and I were supposed to golf in Belize and it got cancelled. We brought our clubs all the way across the US, so we felt like we needed to golf at least once. I let my husband talk me into golfing in Nassau with Carnival golf. The pro was we were the first ones off the ship with the golf pro. The downside was that it was way too hot to golf there, at least for me. We could see the beach across the street form the course-the Raddison and Breezes. It looked fantastic. I could hear the music playing and imagined a swim in the cool refreshing water. Because we didn't have much time, it was very rushed. We didn't really care for the course, especially for the price.

I know alot of people ask about snorkeling. On our way back we passed an interesting beach area that seemed to have many locals swimming there. It was part sand and part rocky shore so it would have been kind of fun to take our snorkeling gear there and explore a little on our own in the water. The only problem is I don't know what it is called. There was a Shell station and a Kentucky Fried Chicken across the street. I'm sure Scuba Girl knows what the beach is called. Of course, any water looked good after golfing. The moral of the story is don't let your husband talk you into missing a gorgeous beach!!! LOL

The vendors were very friendly as we ran past them to get back on the ship late-I even got called beautiful several times. They know how to sell-except, I had no time to shop. Traffic is very bad so don't wait till the last minute to get back. We were with the carnival golf pro so I wasn't too worried-well maybe a little. Customs at the port area made us all X-ray the golf clubs before we could get through. We had to run, with golf clubs, to the ship. We sailed away ina thunderstorm with a great view of the town and lightning. It was quite a sight. We would love to go back to experience the beaches and shopping.

Archived