Carnival Destiny Wedding???

Girls, just a heads up, the following was emailed to me by my travel agent when I first started planning my wedding cruise last year & inquired about Carnival Destiny (I am currently set to sail Royal Carribean Adventure of the Seas Sept 9-16 and be married on Bottom Bay Beach while in Barbados):

"Hi Kim,

Sandi and I are having a conversation now about our dilemma. WE feel that

getting married on the ship or on the beach in San Juan or Barbados is a better

option than changing cruise lines and ships. The Destiny is a bit old and in

need of a refurbishment. The Adventurer is much a better ship!

I will be more than happy to move the ship and sailing, however I am

advising against that option. There are several Carnival ships that are great, this

is not one of them. Especially for a wedding/honeymoon."

My brother & sis-in-law had their honeymoon on Destiny - back in 2002! I guess it has aged quite a bit over 5 years! I'd check to see what kind of updates they have done on this ship and ask other recent Destiny cruisers their opinion. Maybe the travel agent doesn't know of any current renovations that may have been done.

One more thing - I just looked at the RC boards and there is a post called SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN: CARNIVAL OR ROYAL CARIBBEAN that address the DESTINY. Take a look at it. I know it's all "opinions" but when the majority of opinions are NEGATIVE it has to make you wonder :confused: . Hey, just looking out for my fellow brides!!!! :)

AOS is only rated a 1/2 ribbon higher than Destiny by CC members. She is newer (5 years) but newer doesn't always mean better. It usually just equals more expensive! :) Here's reviews of AOS.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=192

Check out the recent reviews of Destiny. There seems to be a trend during the summer months of less than stellar reviews due to school being out and the ship being 'flooded' with locals and their kids who get great last minute deals. This happens on most of the ships who dock is San Juan; it's not just Carnival.

Here's a link to a great Destiny thread on the Carnival board. It's about 400 pages long, so I'd just read the current information! :) :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=10637553#post10637553

Here's a link to the official Destiny CC reviews.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=2

If all else fails, with such a port intensive itinerary you are not likely to spend a whole lot of time on the ship anyhow! :D

Archived