Ice Machines?

Actually, we were very near the ice room. I had mentioned to my steward, that if I needed ice late at night, I'd just go help myself. His very offended response? "Madam, that's what I'm here for." :) There after, we always had 2 buckets of ice.

In case you do need ice late at night, you can always get it in the Lido buffet or call room service.

On a couple of my cruises, my cabin has been located near an ice machine. It's inside a closet, so you don't just 'see' it. I now ask the steward where one is located near my cabin so I can get it myself if needed.

Otherwise, you can call room service 24 hrs. a day, and they will bring ice for you. Just tip $1.:)

On a couple of my cruises, my cabin has been located near an ice machine. It's inside a closet, so you don't just 'see' it. I now ask the steward where one is located near my cabin so I can get it myself if needed.

Otherwise, you can call room service 24 hrs. a day, and they will bring ice for you. Just tip $1.:)

Cotton has a great point. Room service is a great option - but I'm guessing that you could also take the ice bucket to the Lido bar if you were desperate for ice.

Never found or heard of one on the Spirit Class ships but when I sailed on Glory, I called our steward to get Ice and he told ME where to find the Ice Machine to get it myself ............. not the kind of service I was used too.

Needless to say, all the other services performed by him were also bare minimum, I think the cabin finally got vacuumed form the prior sailing during the middle of our sailing. But I do know there is an Ice Machine on the Glory on Deck 6, Starboard Aft, behind the Aft Elevator shaft.

.... I called our steward to get Ice and he told ME where to find the Ice Machine to get it myself ............. not the kind of service I was used too.

Not excusing this particular steward if he was as bad as you say....but maybe he was off-duty when you called?

There's a card in the cabin that says the steward will be off-duty from around noon-5pm, with instructions to call room service if you need anything. If he was off-duty when you called, it was nice of him to let you know where the ice machine was, I think.:) I've not had a problem getting my own if needed.

I had bad luck with ice on my last two cruises, Valor and Liberty. They just never kept it full, and I always had to keep calling. Room service took an hour to get me the ice bucket, by the time it got there, I no longer needed it. :( I wish there were ice machines. But hopefully you get a great steward, and he/she should take care of the ice for you.

.......They just never kept it full, and I always had to keep calling. .

The steward is not obligated to "keep" your ice bucket full. He/she is in the cabin twice a day to clean, refresh the cabin, and fill the ice bucket....once in the morning, and again for turn-down service at night.

Since I tend to book a cabin all the way Aft, I sometimes have to walk the whole hallway to get to the back of the ship. Thats when I find the Laundry rooms, Ice Machine rooms and other maintenance rooms that they use to keep our cabins cleaned. You can not miss the Ice Machine room, they make alot of noise.

We usually ask for 2 buckets of Ice the very first day and they bring me one of those large plastic Beer in the Buckets full of ice.

Fred

I did not know that I could go into the Pantry myself, after I figured this out, I did not bother my steward anymore. I just helped myself.

I think that it all depends on your steward, we have seen in this post alone the discrepancies, because some stewards told their guest that they will get them the ice and kept them happy. I have had great stewards, and tipped them accordingly. I do many things in my job that I am not required to do, but that I do because I like giving great customer service. :)

Hello, everyone. Rather new to this forum. I usually just read but I felt compelled to add to this thread. I was on the Fantasy last month. My wife and I used many buckets of ice during the cruise. I approached my cabin steward upon returning from dinner one evening and asked him where the ice machine was located so that I wouldn't have to bother him for ice refills. He smiled and replied, "I do more than make beds and towel decorations. If you need ice at any time day or night, just call and I or someone on call will be happy to replenish your ice." Sure enough, we never ran out of ice and we made certain that we added to his gratuity.

Thanks drlivingston, that is what I was trying to point out. I asked my steward the first day there, when I met him, if he could show me where I could get my ice, he said he would take care of it, and then never did. This was my second cruise with carnival, on my first cruise, I did not even have to ask, my steward took care of the ice every single day, I LOVED him. Yet I was not lucky on the other 2 cruises. Believe me, if I could avoid bothering a steward I would, they work hard enough anyways. :)

Since I tend to book a cabin all the way Aft, I sometimes have to walk the whole hallway to get to the back of the ship. Thats when I find the Laundry rooms, Ice Machine rooms and other maintenance rooms that they use to keep our cabins cleaned. You can not miss the Ice Machine room, they make alot of noise.

We usually ask for 2 buckets of Ice the very first day and they bring me one of those large plastic Beer in the Buckets full of ice.

Fred

So did you find the ice pantry on the Spirit????

Ice machines on Liberty behind door marked "pantry". Also extra ice buckets, tongs, glasses. Steward pointed this out to me and while it looks as if its to be used by staff, nobody said anything when I helped myself.

I have often refilled my ice bucket from the pantry when I needed it and the steward was not available. (they are not at my beck and cal 24 hours a day..LOL)

No one ever had a problem, but if thier was someone around they gladly filled it.

:D

That, and that reason alone, is why I am bringing a soft sided cooler. So we can hopefully keep if full of ice for the whole cruise. Whether I get it myself or my steward fills it for me, doesn't matter to me. I drink a lot of water and I like it cold.

I am going to have NO problem with ice... I am bringing on a HUGE roll on cooler .. for all my smuggled booze... thats taking up room in the suit case for formal night clothes, so I guess I'll just wear my jeans to dinner and have room for all my booze!!! :D Just kidding... actually bringing on a collapsible cooler and hopefully that will be kept filled.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I had bad luck with ice on my last two cruises, Valor and Liberty. They just never kept it full, and I always had to keep calling. Room service took an hour to get me the ice bucket, by the time it got there, I no longer needed it. :( I wish there were ice machines. But hopefully you get a great steward, and he/she should take care of the ice for you.

I've found that the good ones will keep it filled. If service is poor overall, as one poster suggested, then that explains not keeping up with your ice needs. ;)

That, and that reason alone, is why I am bringing a soft sided cooler. So we can hopefully keep if full of ice for the whole cruise. Whether I get it myself or my steward fills it for me, doesn't matter to me. I drink a lot of water and I like it cold.

I am the same but with canned diet coke. I bring my soft sided cooler and one of the first things I do is call room service and order a bucket of ice and six canned diet cokes. Then when the room steward comes I ask him to keep it filled with ice and I have never had a problem. Of course I have to rinse and repeat with the room service diet cokes about 3 or 4 times during my cruise. What can I say--I am addicted to ice cold diet coke in the can.

Archived