Cooler Question

scejas

Honestly, our little soft-side roller cooler is smaller than a lot of bags I have seen people try to haul on as carry-on's and we carry on less if we have the cooler.

Last year someone had damn near a steamer trunk trying to carry on!It was funny....

Originally posted by MJ25:

"My experience with Carnival showed that they are not only at the bottom of the totum pole price wise, but also service and customer wise also.

I had heard the Carnival was the "Fun Ship" and I was expecting just that "fun". What I experienced was rude, uncouth passengers who thought of no one but themselves. Some could call it a case of bad manners, others could call it a case of bad breeding. The couple that were traveling with us even got approached by a couple of swingers entering the dinning room on night. Wal-Mart indeed!"

So, I asked why you were here if you didn't like Carnival and you said..........

point taken. I am leaving the Carnival thread now. Bye.

Thought you were leaving the Carnival Boards since you dislike it so much?

And now your are back.......

Why does everyone on these boards find that this is such a critical issue? Why do you feel the need to take a cooler with you? They have drinks, ice, anything you need onboard. I don't take a cooler with me, if only b/c it is just another thing to drag along. It isn't worth the effort. If you can't live for 5-6 days w/o your diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper, maybe you shouldn't cruise anyway.:mad:
Why do you care? ;) I pack a small soft-sided collapsible cooler that folds flat so that we can keep our champagne cold in our cabin. I don't carry on coke or water, just champagne (in our wheeled carry on luggage). I pack the cooler in either that bag or our checked luggage, so it isn't an extra thing to "drag along".

I agree, if people are rolling on large hard-sided coolers it may cause a problem -- Carnival doesn't want guests bringing on excessive amounts of water or soda, so it's probably a good idea not to be so obvious about it (and keep it to a reasonable amount). Some of the soft-side wheeled coolers look like a wheeled tote, so I don't see what the problem is with that.

Do the research - check the threads

Asked and answered!

Are you reading old posts? Carnival has already initiated a ban (at least twice that I know of in the past few years) on bringing any beverages on board, but just as quickly reversed their position, allowing a "reasonable" amount.

• 1 month later...
Hi so do these small wheeled coolers go through the table xrays or do you pull it through the walk through xrays. If it has to go on the table what is the size limit I dont want to get one that wont fit.

We send ours with our checked luggage, make sure it has the room tag on at least two places in case one comes off. :)

Addtional info: DO NOT ADD ICE UNTIL YOU GET THE COOLER TO YOUR ROOM: You can ask your room steward to keep the cooler filled with ice after it arrives, I usually find my own source for ice to save him/her the trouble. We bring sturdy plastic bags and either find the ice machines or ask the people working the bars on the lido deck and hand them a couple dollars for a tip.

Archived