Any new intineraries for 2008? Looking for something different...

josassoc

My family is trying to set up a cruise from the east coast next summer. We cruise each year, so I'm looking to see if any interesting itineraries might have been introduced (by RCCL, Carnival, Princess or NCL) for next year.

Been to typical Western Carribbean a few times.

Been to Mexican Riviera.

Been to Tahiti (LOVED IT).

Going from NY, to Bermuda, St Thomas, Puerto Rico and Grand Turk in a couple of weeks.

Wanna go to Europe/Medierranean, but this trip is delaying that...

Any ideas? Maybe repositioning or new ships?

We are booked June 6, 2008 on Princess' newest ship the Royal Princess, which holds only 710 passengers. Our 16 night itinerary is Rome, Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Cannes, Lisbon, Paris (LeHavre), London (Dover), Amsterdam, Kiel Canal, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn and Stockholm. That's eleven ports in 16 nights---should be quite a trip! :)

That is a great itinerary.

We've gone through the Kiel Canal twice, and thought it a highlight of our Baltic Cruises.

Very few passenger ships small and low enough to fit under some low bridges along the canal.

Our last trip through was 8-05 on Oceania's Regatta, a sister ship to the new Royal Princess (although different on deck 8 than RP - same as Pacific & Tahitian Princess).

You are kind of limited by wanting to leave from the East coast and stipulating that it has to be summer. You didn't say how long you can take or what months you are limited to but in August the Caribbean Princess will be doing a seven night round trip out of New York stopping at Halifax, Saint John, Bar Harbor, Boston and Newport.

That is a great itinerary.

We've gone through the Kiel Canal twice, and thought it a highlight of our Baltic Cruises.

Very few passenger ships small and low enough to fit under some low bridges along the canal.

Our last trip through was 8-05 on Oceania's Regatta, a sister ship to the new Royal Princess (although different on deck 8 than RP - same as Pacific & Tahitian Princess).

Druke I

How did you like your ship? The staterooms seem a bit small to me...can't really tell much about them from the pictures. They are all the exact same size. Our only upgrade is to a Royal Suite or Owner Suite at twice the price.

Yes, the cabins on the R-class vessels are compact, but functional. They aren't really all the same size, but fairly close until you move up into various suites. Small cabins don't bother us - we do spend little time there.

We've been on three R-class ships, the Pacific Princess (new), Oceania's Regatta & Nautica, with another trip booked on Regatta, and like the small ship experience very much.

We LOVE the southern caribbean itineraries by far the most beautiful (clean) islands

My TA sends out notices when new itineraries and sales are released if you sign up for her email alerts she could send them to you without having anyone try to "sell" you. email me if you want her site address

Archived