Questions for the Mariner

Hello everyone! We are sailing on 9 September Western Caribbean cruise, and I have a few questions. Being and Aussie and never getting to eat Ben & Jerry's unless we are holidaying somewhere that's selling it I have to know, I notice it's on the ship - tell me it isn't free otherwise I will be eating stacks of it and am already in fear of the amount of weight I'm going to put on.

Any tips on good places to go for a drink, I love my Champers, so can anyone rate the champagne bar, also looking forward to trying Vintages and the Wig and Gavel looks good fun too.

Someone mentioned you can get Sushi from Jade - is this a freebie also or a paid meal, don't mind either way though really, love my sushi regardless.

Any other tips for Mariner would be great - ps do they have Happy Hours at any time?

Cheers

Amanda

The Ben and Jerry's ice cream is not free, but they do offer soft sevce yogurt in the windjammer and by the pool (usually). I beleive that the sushi in the windjammer is free, but it is only offered during dinner hours. I'm not sure, that's what I heard, because I personally do not like sushi.

You will love the Mariner

There is a charge at Ben and Jerry's. I am not sure how much.

There is no charge for Jade.

The Champagne Bar, Vintages, and the pub are great places to drink. There is also a great bar on the 14 floor, I don't remeber the name of it. It is nice because you can see out in the ocean and watch the sun rise.

You should try to got to Chops or Portifinos.There is a 20 pp charge, but it is well worth it.

I just got off the Mariner in May and it was my favorite ship!!!! You will enjoy it!!:)

Thanks for that, I thought it would be crazy to expect Ben & Jerrys to be free in any case, but I will still make sure to enjoy a lot of it since I wont be having it again for a long time. Soft serve yoghurt sounds nice though.

You will love the Mariner

There is a charge at Ben and Jerry's. I am not sure how much.

There is no charge for Jade.

The Champagne Bar, Vintages, and the pub are great places to drink. There is also a great bar on the 14 floor, I don't remeber the name of it. It is nice because you can see out in the ocean and watch the sun rise.

You should try to got to Chops or Portifinos.There is a 20 pp charge, but it is well worth it.

I just got off the Mariner in May and it was my favorite ship!!!! You will enjoy it!!:)

Yeah, we are really looking forward to trying the Mariner, it looks like an amazing ship, much better than the P & O one we went of and so much to do! We received all our cruise documentation yesterday so the countdown now begins!!!

Hello everyone! We are sailing on 9 September Western Caribbean cruise, and I have a few questions. Being and Aussie and never getting to eat Ben & Jerry's unless we are holidaying somewhere that's selling it I have to know, I notice it's on the ship - tell me it isn't free otherwise I will be eating stacks of it and am already in fear of the amount of weight I'm going to put on.

Any tips on good places to go for a drink, I love my Champers, so can anyone rate the champagne bar, also looking forward to trying Vintages and the Wig and Gavel looks good fun too.

Someone mentioned you can get Sushi from Jade - is this a freebie also or a paid meal, don't mind either way though really, love my sushi regardless.

Any other tips for Mariner would be great - ps do they have Happy Hours at any time?

Cheers

Amanda

Amanda...Ben and Jerry's is pay as you go. Wig and Gavel is great fun. The Champagne Bar is just one more place to drink but have a go. Vintages is great to sample and try so enjoy it. Unfortunately, there is no happy hour.

Sushi from Jade is in the evenings only and is not an added charge. Jade is a small area in the Windjammer Buffet.

Other Mariner pointers... go to the ice show as it is excellent. Coffee, tea, cookies, pastry, pizza, and finger sandwiches are at the Promenade Cafe 24 hours a day. The specialty restaurants are excellent and well worth the $20 per person. Book ASAP to avoid getting shut out. Same with the spa and hair salon. Formal nights are M & Thu. Lobster night is Fri. in the DR.

Anything else just ask.

Cheers

Amanda

I speak some Australian, so let me see if I can help...

Crikey...those blokes charge a kangaroo's pouch and a tail for Ben & Jerry's!! Its not worth it. Try Johnny Rockets instead, mate. Definitely a bonzer meal.

Wig & Gavel is an intimate little bar and sometimes they have a guitarist playing there. Nice place for a pint and one of my favorite hangouts on Mariner. The best place is Ellingtons on the 14th floor. Have yerself a martini at sunset and listen to some nice jazz.

Not a champagne person, so I can't comment on the champagne bar, except that it looks like a good spot to visit before dinner on formal nights. Personally, I prefer the cigar bar and a cognac, but if you love champagne it will be a smooth as a kookaburra's tail on a eucalyptus tree ( I made that one up in case you didn't guess )

Sushi is free, and frankly that seems about the right price for it. If you want great sushi, go to Cape Canaveral a day early, stay at the Radisson at the Port and have Sushi lunch at Thai Thai III, right across the highway from th Radisson. It's a great place. The sushi on Mariner is like comparing Vegamite to Peanut Butter. Not the same thing! :)

The Champagne Bar is an excellent place to stop for a pre or post dinner drink. When we were there in June we stopped every night before dinner. "Dee" is the bartender there & she is absolutely FABULOUS & makes INCREDIBLE martinis (appletini & chocolatini were awesome!), better than a martini at Ellington's IMHO.

The gym is fantastic... top of the line cardio & weight machines - also have free weights & dumbells up to 65lbs. However, it does tend to get a bit crowded around 10am - 12 noon. So go early to insure that you won't have to wait for machines.

We did both Chop's & Portofino's... Chop's is okay, but Portofino's is INCREDIBLE!!! :D Don't miss Portofino's!!

Other things not to miss....

- Ice Show (don't worry about waiting in line for tickets - go to Studio B about 15 minutes before show starts & you'll be able to get a seat)

- Quest - Even if you don't participate it's extremely fun to watch.

Enjoy your time on the Mariner. I already miss her!

I speak some Australian, so let me see if I can help...

Crikey...those blokes charge a kangaroo's pouch and a tail for Ben & Jerry's!! Its not worth it. Try Johnny Rockets instead, mate. Definitely a bonzer meal.

Wig & Gavel is an intimate little bar and sometimes they have a guitarist playing there. Nice place for a pint and one of my favorite hangouts on Mariner. The best place is Ellingtons on the 14th floor. Have yerself a martini at sunset and listen to some nice jazz.

Not a champagne person, so I can't comment on the champagne bar, except that it looks like a good spot to visit before dinner on formal nights. Personally, I prefer the cigar bar and a cognac, but if you love champagne it will be a smooth as a kookaburra's tail on a eucalyptus tree ( I made that one up in case you didn't guess )

Sushi is free, and frankly that seems about the right price for it. If you want great sushi, go to Cape Canaveral a day early, stay at the Radisson at the Port and have Sushi lunch at Thai Thai III, right across the highway from th Radisson. It's a great place. The sushi on Mariner is like comparing Vegamite to Peanut Butter. Not the same thing! :)

Thanks for all your great tips, just as well we have already booked at the Radisson at the Port then for the night before. Someone earlier also mentioned Ellingtons as being a good place for a drink so will definitely have to try it, to be honest I'm not sure if I prefer Martini's or champers at the moment anyway! My husband is sure to love the pints at Wig, do they have all the English faves on tap: Boddingtons, Newcastle brown, Becks???

Oooh, appletini and chocotini :p - I don't think I can't wait, it's getting very exciting! I do like a good gin martini - yummy!!

Thanks for tips on the gym, I am an early riser so will ensure to get to the gym early and beat the rush!

Hi Dave, I went to the Meet and Mingle but it was saying no-one else had registered for it yet? Don't know if I was in the right area?

Not too long to go now!

Sooo looking forward to the Mariner, sounds like there is heaps to do on there, plus each port, we have already booked the Jungle Trek at Cozumel.

Cheers

Amanda

This is hilarious, I just replied to your message about which room to book!!

Should be good fun!! We booked ages ago now and really didn't know which room to book, so hopefully it's a good one? I didn't know about the different websites to checkout first.

Archived