Must decide now...please help!

Jean4ever

We are booked on the Connie and need to decide between 6144 or a family guarantee, which is a little more money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. There are only two of us and I am nervous about booking a guarantee and losing the concierge perks. Thanks!:o

I would worry that with the guarantee I would be upgraded to the Celebrity Suite, with no balcony, or given one of the FV's that have the solid wall (I would not like that).

I would go with the guaranteed cabin (6144, heard it's wonderful).

Now I will readily admit that I have never stayed in one of the corner FV's, but we have had afts 3 times, and from what I can observe (and pictures I have seen) the greater part of the corner FV's balcony is a solid wall, not plexiglass like the other balconies. So when you are sitting at your table or on a lounge chair, you cannot see out the back of the ship. You must stand at the railing to do that. There is a part on the side that is plexiglass.

It would personally drive me crazy to be on my balcony and not be able to see the water ALL the time, especially the wake.

The FV's that are right next to them (one in) do not have this issue.

I know people LOVE those corner FV's but the wall would be a dealbreaker for ME. There are many pictures of these corner FV's on line, you really should look at the pictures and decide if you would be happy with that cabin if you got it. But I personally think there are so few FV's that with the guarantee you would be upgraded to one of the suites - make sure you'd be happy with no balcony if that were the case. You might get lucky and get a great suite, but with a guarantee you have to be willing to accept anything.

We are booked on the Connie and need to decide between 6144 or a family guarantee, which is a little more money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. There are only two of us and I am nervous about booking a guarantee and losing the concierge perks. Thanks!:o

If, as you say, it's only a little more. Also, you don't say how many days or where you are cruising.

I feel the FV, at a good price, is the best bargain on M-Class ships. And don't fret about the "wall thing", those balconies are so huge and have so many various viewing places that you will not regret choosing it, in my opinion.

The bedroom plus another sitting/bedroom, 2 tv's, vcr, sliding partition between rooms, huge aft balcony are a deal maker for me.

You can buy some of the CC perks for little money and others you can pick up at a dining venue or order from room service.

Take the FV (Family Ocean-View w/veranda)

I would take the GTY. You would be garaunteed a larger cabin if not a larger balcony. If you end up in a FV you don't get the CC perks, but you cabin is larger as is your balcony. If they bump you up it's to a suite. A SS is a larger room with better amenities and a bath tub. A CS while is has no balcony, you won't miss it the cabin is over 400 sf with a seperate bedroom. You have floor to ceiling windows that give you the most incredible views.

There are a lot of pro & cons for you to decide. I personnaly love the aft cabins on the M class ships have had 2 myself but never have had a guarantee cabin. The corner FV's are marvelous there on 6 on the ship. If you like aft cabins they are the most sought after. My second choice would be 6144 as they are hard to come by as well. I believe their balcony floor is teak like the penthouses. It's a tough choice. Good Luck

Thank you all for your wonderful advice. We are on the ship for 13 days and since the cruise is in the fall, I am leaning toward just keeping 6144 because I really, really want a balcony...even if it is too cold to use it much. I guess I am not much of a gambler! I would pass on a suite just to have a balcony and we are in port many days on this cruise.

I am so glad you asked me that question because when I called Celebrity to discuss the booking, I was told that I could not book that type of cabin for less than 5 people. I told the rep that their system allowed me to book the cabin and made no mention of minimum passenger requirements. I was told to call back on Monday and discuss it with the revenue department and customer service again.

I certainly do not want to deprive a family of a cabin just to get a big aft cabin view, nor would I book a handicap cabin for similar reasoning. I guess I will Celebrity on Monday and get the whole thing straightened out....it probably was a computer glitch!

I certainly do not want to deprive a family of a cabin just to get a big aft cabin view, nor would I book a handicap cabin for similar reasoning. I guess I will Celebrity on Monday and get the whole thing straightened out....it probably was a computer glitch!

I think the family thing is totally different from the handicap thing. Families have other options. They can do connecting cabins. They can do inside cabins across the hall from OV or balcony cabins. I say if X allows 2 to book the FV, it's fair game. The handicap is a different story, as a disabled person would have difficulty in any cabin other than a handicap cabin.

Archived